New Mass Effect 2 DLC Coming in June - UPDATED

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
New Mass Effect 2 DLC Coming in June - UPDATED

New DLC for Mass Effect 2 [http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=74058] is coming next month that will set players off on a multi-level battle against a rogue AI.

Mass Effect 2 Executive Producer Casey Hudson told Gamerzines [http://www.gamerzines.com/xbox-360/news/mass-effect-2-overlord-dlc.html] that the new DLC, titled Overlord, will include "five levels set across one story on one planet." Players will go head-to-head with the forces of an AI that's taken over a laboratory and is presumably set on perpetrating one sort of villainy or another on the rest of the world. It hardly seems like something worth the attention of a team that's just saved the entire galaxy from the most dangerous threat ever, but I suppose they have to fill their days somehow.

No new characters will be added by Overlord, Hudson said, or by any future DLC for that matter, making Kasumi Goto [http://masseffect.bioware.com/universe/squad/kasumi/] the final member of the crew. On the upside, the new content won't be entirely linear; between levels, players will be able to use the Hammerhead hovertank to explore the planet.

No pricing or specific release date has been set, although for the record, I'll happily pay pretty much whatever EA wants if the AI calls Shepard "a pathetic creature of meat and bone" at least once. We'll update with the details when an official announcement is made.

UPDATE: It's not dated yet, but then again BioWare DLC and reliable launch dates hardly go hand-in-hand anyway. We do have a few more details, however: A Cerberus experiment with a human/VI hybrid has spun out of control, the Geth have somehow become involved and now the murderous machine mind is looking for a way off the planet. Only Commander Shepard and his team can save humanity from the homicidal intergalactic shenanigans that threaten to ensue!

Pricing for the Overlord DLC has been set at 560 Microsoft points for the Xbox 360 or 560 BioWare points for the PC. Read all about it at bioware.com [http://masseffect.bioware.com/info/dlc/].

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Skipping it. All of Bioware's DLC has been a huge disappointment so far. Except "Stone Prisoner", and that was free. God, who doesn't love Shale? Although the quest to get Shale was as bland as they come. BUT...Shale is awesome. Funny, able to do pretty much anything in combat, and all that good shit.

Punisher A.J.

Nov 18, 2009
Oh what is EDI's husband pissed off or something. Oh well at least we get to drive the hammerhead some more, and any news on dlc that make the new dlc characters... you know more likable or socialble....by the way has anyone passed out in the normandy bar. I sat there for an hour mixing drinks.

Punisher A.J.

Nov 18, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Skipping it. All of Bioware's DLC has been a huge disappointment so far. Except "Stone Prisoner", and that was free.
actually that was $15.... unless you get a NEW!!! copy of the game which also came with blood dragon armor which was like the best armor in.... mass effect 2?

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Punisher A.J. said:
Oh what is EDI's husband pissed off or something. Oh well at least we get to drive the hammerhead some more, and any news on dlc that make the new dlc characters... you know more likable or socialble....by the way has anyone passed out in the normandy bar. I sat there for an hour mixing drinks.
I stopped after mixing three, but I did run to the bathroom to see if Shepard would blow chunks in the toilet.

Roscoe_A

Aug 6, 2009
This sound like the moon base in ME1. That mission pissed me off so I'll skip it as well

teutonicman

Mar 30, 2009
1)If it costs the same as Kasumi's DLC then it better be god damn longer.
2)This seems a lot like SHODAN.
3)Maybe Bioware will be really smart and decrease all upgrade cost so I have to do less mining.

Ben Legend

Apr 16, 2009
Right..... It had better have a good storyline or I don't think i'll bother.

But I wonder, will this be free?

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Punisher A.J. said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Skipping it. All of Bioware's DLC has been a huge disappointment so far. Except "Stone Prisoner", and that was free.
actually that was $15.... unless you get a NEW!!! copy of the game which also came with blood dragon armor which was like the best armor in.... mass effect 2?
And pretty damn good in Dragon Age, too. It was armor for both games. Anyway, I only buy games new if I can. If they don't have it new, and I'm to lazy to wait for delivery online, that's the only time I buy used.

Punisher A.J.

Nov 18, 2009
Jedoro said:
Punisher A.J. said:
I stopped after mixing three, but I did run to the bathroom to see if Shepard would blow chunks in the toilet.
and....and.... nothing.
Onyx Oblivion said:
Punisher A.J. said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
And pretty damn good in Dragon Age, too.
3rd best... without dlc.

Trebort

Duke of Cheesecake
Feb 25, 2010
Oooo :)

If it's free I'm there, if it's as expensive as the last DLC, then no. :(

Echo136

Feb 22, 2010
Im skipping this one. Doesnt sound interesting enough. Besides, Ive already killed enough rough AI in Mass Effect.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
BioWare is saying 560 MS/BW Points. So that's about $6 give or take.

Might check this out after I finish playing through the first Mass Effect to 60 on Insanity.

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
Hey, did anybody notice that the name of that DLC references Joker's rant about EDI? "Oooh, this is all Joker's fault, what a tool he was! I have to spend entire day computing pi because he plugged in the Overlord!"

Anyway, i'd prefer that Bioware get on making Mass Effect 3 instead of those stupid add-ons.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
I might get it, i loved all the Dragon Age DLC's but so far i have only liked one of the Mass Effect 2 DLC's and that was Kasumi's, but this one seems like it might be worth a look.

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
That's not actually that bad for 560MS, sounds like it could be one of the better ones. I'm sticking with my plan of waiting for all the DLC to be released then downloading it all for a few last play throughs of the game.

zidine100

Mar 19, 2009
teutonicman said:
2)This seems a lot like SHODAN.
heh my thoughts exactly, it just sounds to familiar, and wait a seccond doesnt EA hold the rights to that. (the system shock series that is.)

if it turns out to be shodan ill be fecked off.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Awesome, getting this when it comes out. I don't care if it's crap, I just love ME2 that much.