New Mass Effect 3 Screens Are Mighty Fowl

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Yeah, my vote goes with the few others who said that it's a husk, most likely made from some kind of big beasty alien.

As for me, I've got 7 bucks to have this game on pre-order...hoping it gives you something as badass as the black hole gun from ME 2. Hell, to be quite honest, I'd be happy if it gave me the black hole gun again. That thing was sweeeeeeeet.

Fredvdp

Apr 9, 2009
Josh12345 said:
Idlemessiah said:
This is all very nice, just please please, PLEASE! Don't be DA2 in space.
Well considering Mass Effect 3 is being done by a different studio to the studio that made Dragon Age 2......
Wrong. Both the Mass Effect and Dragon Age series are made by BioWare Edmonton. They are two different teams but they are in the same building. Some of the staff, like animators and quality assurance guys, work on both series.

shado_temple

Oct 20, 2010
Memoriae said:
Fappy said:
Hey look, a turian husk. They have appeared a few times in the comics. Hopefully the husks are a good replacement for ME1's geth because the collectors really didn't do it for me.
Don't you mean a krogan husk?

Turians (i.e. Garrus) are more upright. Head at the very top point of their body.
Krogans (i.e. Grunt), hunchbacked.
What the Turian bit is being based upon is the head of the beast. If you look carefully, it looks very Turian-like.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
shado_temple said:
Memoriae said:
Fappy said:
Hey look, a turian husk. They have appeared a few times in the comics. Hopefully the husks are a good replacement for ME1's geth because the collectors really didn't do it for me.
Don't you mean a krogan husk?

Turians (i.e. Garrus) are more upright. Head at the very top point of their body.
Krogans (i.e. Grunt), hunchbacked.
What the Turian bit is being based upon is the head of the beast. If you look carefully, it looks very Turian-like.
Yep. Supposed it could be a combination of the two species though I guess.

Mediteral

Apr 15, 2009
I think it's kinda funny how that last big monster is being called a Chicken/Giant bird when it's supposed to be Turian/Krogan Husk (Look at it's face, it's absolutely got the face of a turian.) and I recall that when Bioware was creating the turian race, they said they based their appearance from avians. If you look at a turian now, you can still see a bit of the influence.

That last thing looks really cool by the way. Looking forward to fight Scootaloo Husks

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
RJ 17 said:
Yeah, my vote goes with the few others who said that it's a husk, most likely made from some kind of big beasty alien.

As for me, I've got 7 bucks to have this game on pre-order...hoping it gives you something as badass as the black hole gun from ME 2. Hell, to be quite honest, I'd be happy if it gave me the black hole gun again. That thing was sweeeeeeeet.
Bioware said that all weapons transfer over, just in different places (for example, if, like me, you have the Black hole gun in ME2 and import it, then that weapon will be open to you after the tutorial, but if I don't have say, the Mattock or Revenant, then I won't unlock it until this game's Horizon/Mordin mission)

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
CleverCover said:
And....not seeing anything new.

Can I get something on the conversation front, bioware?
no.... no details.... must not know of plot....

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Josh12345 said:
RJ 17 said:

Bioware said that all weapons transfer over, just in different places (for example, if, like me, you have the Black hole gun in ME2 and import it, then that weapon will be open to you after the tutorial, but if I don't have say, the Mattock or Revenant, then I won't unlock it until this game's Horizon/Mordin mission)
So that means my Infiltrator will get to (essentially) start out with the super anti-tank sniper rifle? Frickin' awesome.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Unlike you people I'm glad that they're not spouting off everything to expect in this game in terms of environment and characters I WANT TO BE SURPRISED!

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
Why are people giving shit to ME3 for not displaying all the emotional parts. Sure thats what made BioWare famous and ME1/2 succesful but really thats not what needs to happen in ME3. All that's left now is the huge damn explosion-filled epic finale. That's it. I don't understand why people are mad. That's what ME2 was for, to get the romantic/story-driven (that are still outstanding in my opinion) element out of the way so that it doesn't impact the fantastic (I do faitfully assume) ending to a great series.

Its kinda like how Movie Bob described the 2 parts to the 7th(/8th) Harry Potter movie. The first part took the time to draw out all the emotional impact that the series has led up to, and the second was just the awesome incredible all out war finale.

Have some faith people, as big as BioWare has gotten im still very confident that they'll stick to the format that has made them a great developer.

Thespian

Sep 11, 2010
CleverCover said:
And....not seeing anything new.

Can I get something on the conversation front, bioware?
Not seeing anything new? Come on, these pictures revealed that Mass Effect 3 will feature Shepard shooting things! In space! What a dramatic turn of events!

In all seriousness though I can't fudging wait for this damn game. And everyone seems to be talking about how no one's armour has changed... I'm wondering if that means that these are like, Base Armours, but we can customize them again like ME1? Whoooop!

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
Fowl....really? Because that thing looks like a chicken about as much as George Bush looked like Jenna Jameson....

Maybe we'll just have to wait for the game to find out?

lockist

Dec 17, 2011
Can't wait for ME3, and that looks like a cool monster
But Bioware c'mon, thats blatantly a cryx warmachine

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
I think that?s Turian/krogan or maybe turain/yahg husk.
Eh more shots of Shepard shooting shit, not really that exciting.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Old_Bean said:
Why no FemShep?
Because male Shepard is canon, and also I'm willing to bet that BioWare still considers that most people play a male Shepard, so that is what they show.

Caramel Frappe said:
.. Those pictures of the crew look almost shockingly similar to that of Mass Effect 2. Even their armor is pretty much the same but the only difference is the creature that Shepard is fighting has not been seen before (as far as I know.)

Bioware probably doesn't want to give to much away or cause to much hype. Ether that, or they simply thought that exposing these pictures would be good enough to get us all excited. Don't get me wrong, I am happy that ME3 is coming out.. but these pictures don't cut it for me sadly.
Why does it have too look different? It's not like the game takes place many many years in the future.

Plus since it is still this gen, graphics aren't going to change all that much.

Idlemessiah said:
This is all very nice, just please please, PLEASE! Don't be DA2 in space.
DA2 in space, that would be great. Aside from the small amount of dungeon variety, DA2 was a near perfect game. It held me straight to the end(didn't play another game until I finished it in 52 hours, took about a month), unlike DA:Origins(it was just too broken and cliche).

Besides, ME2 was already like DA2 before DA2 came out, in the respects that I think they fixed up DA2 compared DA:O, combat(now free and fast with full control of the characters), leveling/attributes, dialogue wheel, characters that are more fleshed out and unique.

But anyway, as long as ME3 is very similar in most respects to ME2, than ME3 will be great.

Master-Jedi

Mar 9, 2010
Jaeke said:
Why are people giving shit to ME3 for not displaying all the emotional parts. Sure thats what made BioWare famous and ME1/2 succesful but really thats not what needs to happen in ME3. All that's left now is the huge damn explosion-filled epic finale. That's it. I don't understand why people are mad. That's what ME2 was for, to get the romantic/story-driven (that are still outstanding in my opinion) element out of the way so that it doesn't impact the fantastic (I do faitfully assume) ending to a great series.

Its kinda like how Movie Bob described the 2 parts to the 7th(/8th) Harry Potter movie. The first part took the time to draw out all the emotional impact that the series has led up to, and the second was just the awesome incredible all out war finale.

Have some faith people, as big as BioWare has gotten im still very confident that they'll stick to the format that has made them a great developer.
You do realize mass effect 3 is going to be a video game, right? I mean if this was a movie I could see having the final installment be all combat and explosions. The thing is, movies only last about one and a half to two hours. Games (especially RPG's) last about 20+hours. So if they had the story take a back seat to the shooting the game would just be a boring FPS in space.

xvbones

Oct 29, 2009
Um...

Have.. have you ever actually seen a chicken?

Because I've seen some chickens in my day and that image?

That image does not really seem to portray a chicken.

Or anything like a chicken.

I'm not really seeing a beak, or feathers, wings, tailfeathers, I'm not, in fact, seeing anything remotely avian about that particular monster, much less fowl.

Like at all.

Even a little.

Like, I am sort of wondering where you see 'chicken' in that image, because honestly?

Don't see it.

Not really sure why you went out of your way to hammer that home, that it is a cyberchicken and a fowl and all the rest of that. All the puns and play on words.

What I'm saying is, it seems like you are stretching very very far to make a very bad joke that doesn't really seem to apply, is what I am saying.

Really far.

Quite terribly far.

Is what I'm saying.

raankh

Nov 28, 2007
I really only have one word, but I guess I'll elaborate.

Meh.

I'm already not liking this. Bioware seems in brain-fart mode lately. They've suddenly forgotten how to make good games-- as opposed to interactive experiences with some gameplay elements.