New Modern Warfare 2 Trailer This Sunday

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
New Modern Warfare 2 Trailer This Sunday

If you're eagerly waiting for Modern Warfare 2, you might get something to help whet your appetite: There's a new trailer en route for this Sunday, October 4th.

The footage above is old - we saw that at the beginning of the month - but come this weekend, we'll have some more footage to drool over. As I-Dub's community manager, Robert "FourZeroTwo" Bowling Tweeted [http://twitter.com/fourzerotwo/status/4482261526]: "Just reviewed the final cut, this is the one I've been waiting for! All new Modern Warfare 2 trailer hits online Sunday, OCT 4th."

CoD Mewtwo is the heavyweight hitter of this holiday season, and with its release a month (and change) away, I expect that publisher Activision will be ramping up the hype machine to overdrive, with this trailer as the ignition spark.

Anyone feel like betting on what Holiday '09 games will end up pushed to 2010 after the latest trailer is unveiled? You have to figure that at some point, Infinity Ward is going to have to go apologize for ruining Christmas for everybody else.

Octorok

May 28, 2009
Meh. I saw that a few hours ago and the way I figure it, videos aren't so much of a deal anymore. That multiplayer reveal gave the internet about thirty videos all showing the exact same stuff.

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
well, I don't think I should say this, I've irritated the news hounds here before...

But okay. It must be a slow news day, If you're showing an article about a new trailer. I hope it's as good as you say it is...

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
Mewtwo. Hehe, I like that, it's clever.

But are we getting excited about the trailers now? Really?

ae86gamer

Mar 10, 2009
Trailers being released doesn't really matter to me as much as the games themselves being released. I guess this is cool though.

Octorok

May 28, 2009
Captain Pancake said:
well, I don't think I should say this, I've irritated the news hounds here before...

But okay. It must be a slow news day, If you're showing an article about a new trailer. I hope it's as good as you say it is...
AmrasCalmacil said:
Mewtwo. Hehe, I like that, it's clever.

But are we getting excited about the trailers now? Really?
Well, an article about the trailer is fair enough, but the reason that I didn't post this first was that you can't warrant a thread about a trailer that is going to be released.

On Oct 4 however I'll be the first to post and analyse this, because I'm much faster than the news team.

[AU]Specter

Sep 30, 2009
I like to dismiss trailers when close to a games release date, i spoilt GTA San Andreas by watching too many trailers before it was released (still a great game though).

I guess ill watch this one though, but no more after that.

silverbullet1989

Jun 7, 2009
still not convinced about the game =/ still not going to get it, imo its become a james bond p*** take now, i bet theres a perk that allows you to throw a hat somewere in it now, call of duty united offensive ftw

DogbarDust

Jun 29, 2009
I liked the Mewtwo as well, think i'll steal it.
And also i actually thought to myself, cool a new trailer, made me realise how sucked in by the infinity ward side of CoD franchise i've been.
No bad thing either just love that MP.

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
Oct 4 huh? OK, can't wait. I'll add this to the the other two multiplayer videos I have on my 360. Maybe this trailer will tell us what the mysterious 15 killstreak is since people on the IW website are speculating like crazy about it.