New Nier: Automata Trailer Shows Off Giant Robot Battles

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
New Nier: Automata Trailer Shows Off Giant Robot Battles

Nier: Automata is less than a month away, and Square Enix is showing off more gameplay in a new trailer, plus 29 minutes of gameplay from Sony.

The newest title from Platinum Games is Nier: Automata. The game is set during the 14th Machine War, which pits machines against the remaining humans and their android protectors. This new trailer shows the interaction between 2B and 9S, members of the elite android squad YoRHa.

The official description alongside the video reads,

"Humanity has been driven from the Earth by mechanical beings from another world. In a final effort to take back the planet, the human resistance sends a force of android soldiers to destroy the invaders. Now, a war between machines and androids rages on... A war that could soon unveil a long-forgotten truth of the world."

Today, Sony also shared nearly a half-hour of new gameplay in a PlayStation Underground video that you can see below.

Nier: Automata is coming to PS4 on March 7, and to PC at some unspecified date later this year. If you want to check it out beforehand, there's a playable demo over on the PlayStation Store [http://bit.ly/NieRDemo].

[gallery=6929]

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Ehhrghummble, they've anime'd up the main characters a bit much, but the rest seems alright. It looks like a begrudging bit of fun with a great soundtrack. No points for the protagonist's eye-rolling design though.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Eh, seems alright. Hope it earns a Certification of Not Shit.

Xsjadoblayde said:
No points for the protagonist's eye-rolling design though.
Five bucks says it was a forced concession from Squeenix.

Rip Van Rabbit

~ UNLIMITED RULEBOOK ~
Apr 17, 2012
Ooh! I am so looking forward to this.
2B is a cutie-patootie, I adore her design. I'm also loving the fluidity of movement and combat.
(Please be a decent PC port.)

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
It's a new game from Platinum that isn't a rushed out, unfinished movie tie in game. Automatically God Tier. I say it every time, if you give Platinum enough time and money to do their own thing quietly in the corner they will produce some amazing work. The most telling thing about Platinum is how they go on record about how they'll drop some visual quality in the name of a stable 60 FPS on all versions of the game. They care about making a good game, not just a good looking game.

Of course whether people will like the character design depends entirely on if they like anime, that's just how it is. I think 2B is cool and if the demo is anything to go by the voicework looks solid too.
Rip Van Rabbit said:
Ooh! I am so looking forward to this.
2B is a cutie-patootie, I adore her design. I'm also loving the fluidity of movement and combat.
(Please be a decent PC port.)
If the port of MGS Rising is anything to go by, the port of Automata should be fine. I've never had an issue after entirely too many hours replaying the boss fights in that game. The hype as fuck final boss fight with Donald Trump Steven Armstrong is possibly the best thing to ever happen to video games.