Semi-DemiFiend said:
WeepingAngels said:
Semi-DemiFiend said:
WeepingAngels said:
Semi-DemiFiend said:
RicoADF said:
Semi-DemiFiend said:
RicoADF said:
I can't believe they don't include a charger, surely that's illegal to sell a device in a non working state. Faulty at sale and all.
Well it's not like the 3DS itself is broken. It's pretty much a "batteries not included" sort of thing.
Every other mobile console, mobile phone and well anything portable that's rechargable comes with a charger as without it the device is useless. Batteries not included is different, besides the point that they are cheap, the devices that have that clause are usually cheap radios, toys etc, not a $200 console.
In context this is unusual and I would say abit dodgy.
I'm not trying to justify of defend the decision not to include a charger but it just doesn't seem like anything worth getting upset about since they aren't very expensive (unlike the Vita's SD Cards) or hard to find and the worst thing that could happen is that someone would be mildly inconvenienced and have to drive back to wherever they purchased the thing.
Actually, the worst that could happen is that now that more people have to buy the chargers, they will become hard to find and that drive back to the store will be fruitless.

What else could happen is that it will become that standard for all new handhelds and mobile devices since Nintendo has been getting away with this for years in Japan and Europe.

The chances of N3DS's being contaminated by Anthrax is higher than the 3DS charger becoming a rarity . Especially with the multitude of stores where you can purchase new or used chargers. You could also order one online beforehand and either have it sent directly to your home or you can go for store pick up instead.
I'm personally a little happy that they didn't include a charger since I've already got 3 lying around and it would probably be left in the box it came in.
I would rather you have 4 lying around than new buyers not to have one at all.
And would still rather not have 4 lying around.

On another note, imagine the absurdity in the future of Nintendo including a bundle with a game but no charger.
I'm not actually going to do that.
I don't know where this mountain of 3DS chargers is because I have never seen them in any store but let's move on to your more selfish statement about you preferring that some people not have chargers because you don't want an extra.Why not sell your extras instead of insisting that they should no longer be packed in the box?

It's ok though, I am sure some kid who can't play his New 3DS on Christmas Day because the stores are all closed will take comfort in you not having 4 extras.

I am not surprised you aren't willing to use your imagination about Nintendo selling handhelds with a game and no charger, you seem terrible at finding ways to get rid of those troublesome extra chargers.
I see spare chargers just hanging on the wall behind the counter at any of the Gamestops I visit or brand new ones at Target and Wal-mart. There's also this new thing called "Online Shopping" where you can simply buy things without leaving the comfort of your home. There's plenty of options.

I'm not insisting that they not package 3DS's without the charger. I never actively wanted that. I just don't think it's anything worth getting upset about.

I'm just glad that this child has someone willing to spend money on them to make them happy. I can only pray that the child and their care giver are able to stand strong against the hardships of not being able to play Pokemon for one more day.

I'm not willing to imagine that scenario because It takes no imagination. It's pretty much the same scenario that we are currently discussing with the same solution.

You can think of me as selfish all you want but in the end I really don't care if someone I'll never meet is slightly inconvenienced for one day of their lives.
If Nintendo decides to put the chargers back in then that's just great. if they decide not to then that's just too bad. Life goes on either way as the negligible problems of yesterday fade from memory.
Since you care so little, why are you in this thread arguing about how we shouldn't be upset?
Because there's nothing stopping me from doing so? It's not like this is taking much effort or time.
So you don't really care and you want to stop others from caring too? Trolling?
If that's how you define trolling I guess so.

WeepingAngels

May 18, 2013
Semi-DemiFiend said:
WeepingAngels said:
Semi-DemiFiend said:
WeepingAngels said:
Semi-DemiFiend said:
WeepingAngels said:
Semi-DemiFiend said:
WeepingAngels said:
Semi-DemiFiend said:
RicoADF said:
Semi-DemiFiend said:
RicoADF said:
I can't believe they don't include a charger, surely that's illegal to sell a device in a non working state. Faulty at sale and all.
Well it's not like the 3DS itself is broken. It's pretty much a "batteries not included" sort of thing.
Every other mobile console, mobile phone and well anything portable that's rechargable comes with a charger as without it the device is useless. Batteries not included is different, besides the point that they are cheap, the devices that have that clause are usually cheap radios, toys etc, not a $200 console.
I'm not trying to justify of defend the decision not to include a charger but it just doesn't seem like anything worth getting upset about since they aren't very expensive (unlike the Vita's SD Cards) or hard to find and the worst thing that could happen is that someone would be mildly inconvenienced and have to drive back to wherever they purchased the thing.
Actually, the worst that could happen is that now that more people have to buy the chargers, they will become hard to find and that drive back to the store will be fruitless.

What else could happen is that it will become that standard for all new handhelds and mobile devices since Nintendo has been getting away with this for years in Japan and Europe.

The chances of N3DS's being contaminated by Anthrax is higher than the 3DS charger becoming a rarity . Especially with the multitude of stores where you can purchase new or used chargers. You could also order one online beforehand and either have it sent directly to your home or you can go for store pick up instead.
I'm personally a little happy that they didn't include a charger since I've already got 3 lying around and it would probably be left in the box it came in.

On another note, imagine the absurdity in the future of Nintendo including a bundle with a game but no charger.
I don't know where this mountain of 3DS chargers is because I have never seen them in any store but let's move on to your more selfish statement about you preferring that some people not have chargers because you don't want an extra.Why not sell your extras instead of insisting that they should no longer be packed in the box?

It's ok though, I am sure some kid who can't play his New 3DS on Christmas Day because the stores are all closed will take comfort in you not having 4 extras.

I am not surprised you aren't willing to use your imagination about Nintendo selling handhelds with a game and no charger, you seem terrible at finding ways to get rid of those troublesome extra chargers.
I see spare chargers just hanging on the wall behind the counter at any of the Gamestops I visit or brand new ones at Target and Wal-mart. There's also this new thing called "Online Shopping" where you can simply buy things without leaving the comfort of your home. There's plenty of options.

I'm not insisting that they not package 3DS's without the charger. I never actively wanted that. I just don't think it's anything worth getting upset about.

I'm just glad that this child has someone willing to spend money on them to make them happy. I can only pray that the child and their care giver are able to stand strong against the hardships of not being able to play Pokemon for one more day.

I'm not willing to imagine that scenario because It takes no imagination. It's pretty much the same scenario that we are currently discussing with the same solution.

You can think of me as selfish all you want but in the end I really don't care if someone I'll never meet is slightly inconvenienced for one day of their lives.
If Nintendo decides to put the chargers back in then that's just great. if they decide not to then that's just too bad. Life goes on either way as the negligible problems of yesterday fade from memory.
Since you care so little, why are you in this thread arguing about how we shouldn't be upset?
Because there's nothing stopping me from doing so? It's not like this is taking much effort or time.
My definition of a troll is someone who argues just for the sake of arguing and has no large interest in either side.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
WeepingAngels said:
Semi-DemiFiend said:
WeepingAngels said:
Semi-DemiFiend said:
WeepingAngels said:
Semi-DemiFiend said:
WeepingAngels said:
Semi-DemiFiend said:
WeepingAngels said:
Semi-DemiFiend said:
RicoADF said:
Semi-DemiFiend said:
RicoADF said:

My definition of a troll is someone who argues just for the sake of arguing and has no large interest in either side.
That's not quite what I would usually define as trolling but it's certainly good to know how other people view certain subjects.

Rebel_Raven

Jul 24, 2011
I'm really looking forward to getting one, eventually, likely the monster hunter version.
I have a 2ds (pretty beat up), and a 3dsxl (Yoshi edition, and kinda beat up by now), and got a usb type charger wire so I can keep a charge in my car. Lacking a charger initially isn't bad, and I bought a charger that can charge out of a usb port for about 12 dollars.

Hopefully it plays music better, and loads the music player faster. Maybe delete songs w/o having to slot the card in a computer?

Really kinda hoping it has the Wii U's remote control feature.

What bothers me, though, is the 32 gig expanded storage limit. What is the deal? I wanna stick in a 60+gig. :/

WeepingAngels

May 18, 2013
Semi-DemiFiend said:
WeepingAngels said:
Semi-DemiFiend said:
WeepingAngels said:
Semi-DemiFiend said:
WeepingAngels said:
Semi-DemiFiend said:
WeepingAngels said:
Semi-DemiFiend said:
WeepingAngels said:
Semi-DemiFiend said:
RicoADF said:
Semi-DemiFiend said:
RicoADF said:

That's not quite what I would usually define as trolling but it's certainly good to know how other people view certain subjects.
Wow!

What an awesome response, thanks for being civil. :)

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
I ended up preordering mines today. Shame that the special bundles were sold out a long time ago. I was fucked from right out of the gate because the Nintendo Direct started while I was in class, and by the time I got out of class they were all taken up. It annoys the fuck out of me tbh. They should just keep producing them until it's a week or so until release date. That way everyone at least had a fighting chance to get a bundle.

In regards to the adapter, the GS employee told me that they will give an additional $10.00 when you trade in your old 3DS system ($20.00 if you didn't) to buy one of their own GS brand AC adapters they have available. Personally this wouldn't bug me so much if it weren't for the fact that their cords are disgustingly short, but whatever I'm just gonna get the original off Amazon or something.

EDIT: Yeah, you know what? Your literally better off getting it on Amazon for basically the same price with a much longer cord length. Don't waste your time getting Gamestop's shitty one. I would advise to do so now in the event that closer to launch the price skyrockets.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
otakon17 said:
Wait it doesn't come with a damn AC adapter? What the hell kind of shilling is that? Who releases a portable system with the CHARGING METHOD separate? Consider most folks will be trading in their old 3DS XL's to get the new one, which most places only accept with a damn AC adapter included, means you'll be stuck buying a $20 charging cord separately. Dammit all Nintendo, this does not sound like you.
Yeah it's trash. The good thing is is that the new handheld is compatible with really old AC adapters (like the DSi), if you go on Amazon you can get them ranging from less than a buck to $7.00 max.