New Persona Game Listed on Voice Actor's Resume

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
New Persona Game Listed on Voice Actor's Resume

Atlus has confirmed that a big a Persona-related announcement is coming this Sunday.

With only a few days left before it expires, Atlus teaser site the company created back in September is, in fact, the prelude to a new, big announcement involving its Persona series. While many franchise fans had been hoping the news might be the announcement of Persona 5 however, evidence is now stacking up in favor of new content involving Persona 4.

Yesterday, for instance, we reported that imagery from Persona 4 <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/129771-Persona-Teaser-Site-Adds-Persona-4-Imagery>had been added to the teaser site. Now, a <a href=http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv153939036>countdown page has been created by Atlus featuring similar visuals. More importantly, however, it's been discovered that Karen Strassman, who did voice work for the character Nanako in Persona 4, <a href=http://www.karenstrassmanvoices.com/karen_credits.pdf>has listed credits for "Persona 4, Vol. 2" as well as "Golden 2 Persona 4" on her online resume. This would be the first mention of such titles that the franchise's fans have spotted up to this point.

Currently there's still no telling what Atlus will announce when the timer counts all the way down on Sunday. That said, the current signs seem to be pointing toward a direct sequel to Persona 4 which could be good news or disappointing depending on how you feel about the series. Just personally, I'm coming to the end of my first run through Persona 4: Golden and, while I love the characters and would enjoy seeing more of them, I will admit to hoping for something completely new. The Persona team has just demonstrated itself to be a talented bunch in the past and I look forward to seeing what they can come up with next.

Source: <a href=http://gematsu.com/2013/11/persona-4-voice-actress-lists-persona-4-vol-2-on-resume>Gematsu

JDviewer

Mar 3, 2009
I rarely comment on threads, but I had to when I saw this article. I loved playing Persona 4: Golden, and had enjoyed the other games, but like the poster I would love an entirely new story. Persona 5 with only vague references to the previous Persona games would be ideal.

Cybylt

Aug 13, 2009
I remember my favorite remark on this news.

"If it's persona 4.5 I will be pissed
If it's persona 5 with p4 cast I will be pissed
If it's neither I will be pissed"

I wonder how many people will share that notion though. A lot of people really love Persona 4.

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
Oh, come on...
I love Persona 4 with all my heart, but isn't the Arena series enough continuation? If it gets too many sequels it'll really start to weaken the game.
I mean, isn't it about time we had Persona 5 properly announced?

Maybe it's just UUSH and she just put it wrong in her resume but that might be wishful thinking. That wouldn't explain Golden 2 Persona 4.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
JasonKaotic said:
Oh, come on...
I love Persona 4 with all my heart, but isn't the Arena series enough continuation? If it gets too many sequels it'll really start to weaken the game.
I mean, isn't it about time we had Persona 5 properly announced?

Maybe it's just UUSH and she just put it wrong in her resume but that might be wishful thinking. That wouldn't explain Golden 2 Persona 4.
Well Persona 4: Arena ended with sequel bait, so a Persona 4-2 would make sense in that regard.

Personally, I would prefer it if it were Persona 5, but if it is Persona 4-2 then that's fine with me, I'm up for another adventure with the P4 team.

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
Furioso said:
Well Persona 4: Arena ended with sequel bait, so a Persona 4-2 would make sense in that regard.
Here you go. [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Om-hjeWOFQ] :p

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
JasonKaotic said:
Furioso said:
Here you go. [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Om-hjeWOFQ] :p
Somehow, I forgot about that... well I don't know what they're up to, I just hope it's good. :p

(Oh and Persona 4: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold is the hypest name ever.)

DN83

Jun 17, 2009
I just want to know if it'll be on the PS4 or PS3. I don't have the handheld consoles, so that'll be the only way I can play.

Cybylt

Aug 13, 2009
DN83 said:
I just want to know if it'll be on the PS4 or PS3. I don't have the handheld consoles, so that'll be the only way I can play.
Current speculation is Volume 2 is PS3 and Golden 2 is Vita which makes enough sense looking at the series.

I wonder when the game takes place since Ultimax is surprisingly a full sequel to Arena, taking place a week or so after the conclusion of it.

Atlus has actually made exactly one seventh gen title and are usually slow to pick up non-portable systems. Hell, Persona 4 itself was a PS2 game well into the PS3/360/Wii era.

Klonoa Prower

Jul 23, 2008
It'll be a thing... it'll be an Atlus thing... and it'll be awesome. SMT and the Persona games have always been high quality, and if I'm going to assume that everything EA does is shit, then I might as well assume that the RPGs that Atlus releases will be awesome.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I don't know how I feel about this. If Persona 5 and Persona 4-2 are two separate entities I think that'd be ideal. Still, does Persona 4 NEED a sequel? No, but I guess I am on-board if they manage to make it worthwhile and don't fuck up the characters/story.

Could you imagine how insane fans would get if they killed even one character from the Investigation Team? Not a single one is expendable at this point XD

Dante dynamite

Mar 19, 2012
Oh god I love persona 4 but it feels like they're just milking the game to death just because it's the most popular I would prefer an original cast and setting then a sequel

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
Fappy said:
I don't know how I feel about this. If Persona 5 and Persona 4-2 are two separate entities I think that'd be ideal. Still, does Persona 4 NEED a sequel? No, but I guess I am on-board if they manage to make it worthwhile and don't fuck up the characters/story.

Could you imagine how insane fans would get if they killed even one character from the Investigation Team? Not a single one is expendable at this point XD
There would be riots in the streets.

If it is Persona 4-2 will Yu still be the protagonist? Or would they bring in a new character, because Yu has his own voice now.

l3o2828

Mar 24, 2011
Mcoffey said:
It's not like there isn't precedent. Persona 2 had a part 2. As long as it maintains the same quality as the Persona 3 and the few hours of 4 I've played I have no complaints. Just gives me more of an incentive to push through it when my Vita comes in, and then get on to playing Arena.

I wonder when it will take place? After 4 or after Arena?
Persona 2 Part 2 , or Eternal Punishment was actually neccesary as the plot was spread wide open for a continuation, Persona 4 has already had the vanilla game, Golden and 2 updates to the figting game spinoff.
Imo they should just let Persona 4 die, and work on something new and interesting.
I LOVE Persona 4, but i already had enough of it.