New Pokemon Black & White Trailer Reveals Triple Battles, Release Date

lyrandar

Apr 15, 2009
Dragon Zero said:
It looks alright, I was kinda wishing to find out if they'd actually have the pokemon make real sounds that remind me I'm not playing this on my GBC. And while we're at it WHY HAVENT THEY MADE ANOTHER TRADING CARD VIDEOGAME?!?! The first one was one of my favorites, second to maybe Crystal. Other than that I like what I see.
Because after making the trading card video game and then going back to ruin pokemon in an effort to make it new and interesting they also went back and ruined the card game by trying to make it new and interesting (read ruining it as they did pokemon itself). The result is that the card game itself is now so shit you wouldn't want that particular childhood memory smeared by a new game.

Malcheior Sveth

Jul 19, 2009
Singing Gremlin said:
Right, I'm calling it. First two pokemon, now three. We'll be seeing full pokemon armies in a turned based (or possibly even real time) strategy game before long.

Catch them, Train them, Battle them, Rule them.

For the first time ever, you will be able to catch and deploy over one thousand on-screen pokemon as, starting with only a single pokemon you build a squad, and then an army capable of defeating the corrupt, tyrannical cabal that is the elite four. As you progress you shall defeat, one by one, the 'gyms' and their lackeys that keep the lands of Johto in check. Will you free the people and their pokemon from the yoke of oppression, or use the gyms to supply you with a stream of new, fanatical recruits?

The fate of the world is in your hands.
That would be better than releasing the same game another 10 times.

FungiGamer

Apr 23, 2008
Singing Gremlin said:
Right, I'm calling it. First two pokemon, now three. We'll be seeing full pokemon armies in a turned based (or possibly even real time) strategy game before long.

Catch them, Train them, Battle them, Rule them.

For the first time ever, you will be able to catch and deploy over one thousand on-screen pokemon as, starting with only a single pokemon you build a squad, and then an army capable of defeating the corrupt, tyrannical cabal that is the elite four. As you progress you shall defeat, one by one, the 'gyms' and their lackeys that keep the lands of Johto in check. Will you free the people and their pokemon from the yoke of oppression, or use the gyms to supply you with a stream of new, fanatical recruits?

The fate of the world is in your hands.
Why does that sound so awesome?

I;m actually looking forward to the inevitable battle with 3 brothers who carry a Dugtrio, a Dodrio, and an Exeggutor

Mister Benoit

Sep 19, 2008
John Funk said:
tellmeimaninja said:
Will this version allow you to use pokemon from older, less stupid-looking generations? If not, I'll wait to buy the inevitable remake of this version that allows you to.
It's for the DS, so I can only imagine it'll be fully compatible with D/P and HG/SS.

And please, they'll grow on you. They always do :p Also, counterpoint [http://nerfnow.com/comic/302].
Damn that comic is awesome, it explains a lot.

I personally can't wait for the new version. I really hope one day they just throw all the regions together though.

*Also 3v3 battles was a part of Dragon Warrior Monsters on the GBC that I loved a lot, happy it's finally coming to Pokemon.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I don't need this information...

I was sold at "Pokemon" and "DS".

All of the console pokemon, from Stadium to Battle Revolution, can FUCK OFF, though.

Twilight.falls

Jun 7, 2010
Dommyboy said:
Not that I find the new Pokemon ugly, it's just that they've run out of ideas.
As I have stated before, with more than 500 pokemon now, each unique to each other, Gamefreak has not run out of ideas.

crabdog62482

May 14, 2009
If the pokemon can't learn AT LEAST 6 moves, I don't want anything to do with this game. If the Type rock-paper-scissor damage system and Critical damage system isn't nerfed big time, I don't want anything to do with this game. +/- 10%, 20%, 30%... That's fine. 2x and 4x and up is unacceptable. I get tired of a one shot killathon at higher levels when pokemon are laoded down with the most powerful moves they can pack backed by the stab bonus. If I bust out a Steel/Ice Pokemon and get hit by a Fire attack launched by a Fire monster, I expect to take massive extra damage, but my Tyranitar shouldn't be insta-killed by a low leveled Bulbasaur using Razor Leaf.

Basically, if this game is just another old Pokemon game rehash, there's no point in it having been made.

Twilight.falls

Jun 7, 2010
crabdog62482 said:
If the pokemon can't learn AT LEAST 6 moves, I don't want anything to do with this game. If the Type rock-paper-scissor damage system and Critical damage system isn't nerfed big time, I don't want anything to do with this game. +/- 10%, 20%, 30%... That's fine. 2x and 4x and up is unacceptable. I get tired of a one shot killathon at higher levels when pokemon are laoded down with the most powerful moves they can pack backed by the stab bonus. If I bust out a Steel/Ice Pokemon and get hit by a Fire attack launched by a Fire monster, I expect to take massive extra damage, but my Tyranitar shouldn't be insta-killed by a low leveled Bulbasaur using Razor Leaf.

Basically, if this game is just another old Pokemon game rehash, there's no point in it having been made.

8/10

BlueHighwind

Jan 24, 2010
I don't see any following Pokemon. So I'm not even going to bother with this. I know its silly to skip a game over a purely aesthetic detail, but I loved following Pokemon - they were the only reason I got SoulSilver. Do you know the thrill of having your little Growlith puppy follow you around? Its the best thing ever. The whole point of these games is supposed to be the simulation of pet ownership and friendly competition. So no followers, no Blue. I don't need to play the same Pokemon game I've been playing for nearly 13 years now without my favorite feature.

Even so, the roller coaster is awesome.

Twilight.falls

Jun 7, 2010
BlueHighwind said:
I don't see any following Pokemon. So I'm not even going to bother with this. I know its silly to skip a game over a purely aesthetic detail, but I loved following Pokemon - they were the only reason I got SoulSilver. Do you know the thrill of having your little Growlith puppy follow you around? Its the best thing ever. The whole point of these games is supposed to be the simulation of pet ownership and friendly competition. So no followers, no Blue. I don't need to play the same Pokemon game I've been playing for nearly 13 years now without my favorite feature.

Even so, the roller coaster is awesome.
Screenshots have suggested that following Pokemon can be toggled on and off

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
Ewwwwww. They look so...horrid. So cartoony, impotent and...strange.

It's just so...random and clusterfuck-y...my childhood dying...shortness of breath...pain in chest...f...feeling dizzy...

...can't describe symptoms... any longer *bam*.

The alarming trend set by the starters has continued. May god help us all.

[link]http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.198149-The-Pokemon-design-Guide-Nintendo-youre-doing-it-wrong?page=1[/link]

pantsoffdanceoff

Jun 14, 2008
John Funk said:
tellmeimaninja said:
Will this version allow you to use pokemon from older, less stupid-looking generations? If not, I'll wait to buy the inevitable remake of this version that allows you to.
It's for the DS, so I can only imagine it'll be fully compatible with D/P and HG/SS.

And please, they'll grow on you. They always do :p Also, counterpoint [http://nerfnow.com/comic/302].
Wow that's a good comic series. Thank you sir.

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
It's only a matter of time before we're having 6 on 6 battles, because apparently every pokemon needs to fight at every single point in the day.

And may Nintendo have mercy on us if they make 3v3 battles in RANDOM encounters. *thinks of a swarm of rattata* D:

bakonslayer

Apr 15, 2009
John Funk said:
In all fairness, it'll probably be as central to the game as double battles were to Ruby/Sapphire and D/P.

That is, maybe a handful of mandatory triple battles here and there, and you'll never have to put up with it again.
It will also be added to competitive battling though, and that could mean that official Pokemon tournaments adopt the triple battle style. I competed in the tournaments they held a few months ago for the first time, and those were AMAZING! 2v2 battles with all Pokemon available including (most) legendaries was way cooler than I thought it would be. During the tournament, Kyogre using Water Spout in the rain was WAY too cool, in a 3v3 it would be INSANE!

Crap... That would mean two pokemon would need to protect to get an Explosion off. Stupid Azelf...

Get_A_Grip_

May 9, 2010
I too am another person that is not liking the look of the whole 3D world.

Those very few and very short 3D sections in HG/SS were very laggy and slugish. They felf as if they were pusing the DS too far and movement inbetween plains was just terrible. It was almost impossible to judge how far that section of wall or fence was sticking out without hugging it.