New Pokemon Go Update Arrives

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
New Pokemon Go Update Arrives

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1360/1360460.png

Niantic has rolled out a new update for Pokemon Go.

Over the weekend, Niantic rolled out a new update for Pokemon Go, detailed in a blog post [http://pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/en/post/ver-update-110616/] yesterday. Included in the new update for are catch bonuses for each Pokemon catch of the day, along with a bonus for the first PokeStop visit of the day. Doing both of these things seven days in a row results in larger bonuses. You can check out the full patch changes below:

Pokemon GO updated to version 0.45.0 for Android and 1.15.0 for iOS
Trainers:

You'll earn bonuses for the first Pokemon catch and PokeStop visit each day. You'll receive a larger bonus when you do this seven days in a row.

When you defeat the Gym Leader at a rival Gym, there will be a brief period of time where only you will be able to place a Pokemon in the open Gym.

The amount of Prestige a rival Gym loses when you defeat a regular Gym member has increased. The amount of Prestige gained by training at a friendly Gym has been lowered.

Minor text fixes
In addition to the latest patch, Niantic recently revealed [http://pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/en/post/update-nearby/] that a revamped version of Pokemon Go's tracking system is currently being tested in Arizona, Seattle, and the San Francisco Bay area.

Stupidity

Sep 21, 2013
Disheartening.
They identified and responded to a problem that's been plaguing the game for months and they did it in the least inspired and effective way possible. All they did was shuffle some numbers around without any real reason. I have trouble even understanding how the people who came up with and implemented gym combat in the first place could be so terrible at maintaining it.

Also enemy sniping was a minor problem compared to same team spot sniping.

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
Generally good changes I think. The result of the last update turned most gyms into level 10's and made them almost never change hands. Making them a little harder to build up and a little easier to tear down is needed, but the balance is sensitive.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Is anybody still playing this? It feels like it's gone away. Or maybe it's like Dan Brown, making a decent living but not being talked about much.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Oh, that's cool news. I can't take advantage of it, unfortunately (I don't have wifi ability on my app-running phone), but my girlfriend definitely can, and when we play together, it will help.

Really looking forward to that tracking system fix. I was extremely happy with the recent buddying ability (especially since I've seen only one vulpix, ever; now Makoto will get to turn into a ninetails before long), but working tracking would be icing on the cake.

Gorrath

Feb 22, 2013
Queen Michael said:
Is anybody still playing this? It feels like it's gone away. Or maybe it's like Dan Brown, making a decent living but not being talked about much.
I've not played it in some time but I will if they do a serious update. I like that they are focusing on gyms because that aspect of the game needed serious help but gym battles alone aren't enough to keep me interested. I hope they release new pokemon after a bit, I'll totally play again.