New Release Window, Subtitle Emerge For Warcraft Film

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
A few things come up from this in my brain upon reading this.

• -I am so fucking there. There's reading up on the lore of a character, then there's seeing the lore up-close and personal for yourself.
    -If Sam Raimi sticks to his directorial casting style (that meaning having Bruce "Can Never Not Be A Badass" Cambell in his flicks) then I'm sure Bruce is gonna play Arthas.
    -Please, please, PLEASE Sam, if you should happen upon this, don't fuck this up. There have been so many bad video game flicks that it's shameful to my very existance that these movies exist. Let this be the one that doesn't suck!

Note on number two: Bruce Cambell could be playing a friggin' woman and still be a badass. Admit it.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
SirBryghtside said:
Amnestic said:
Yes, because Orcs never teamed up with the Night Elves before. Wait, what's that Archimonde? Battle of Mount Hyjal? Intriguing! Talking about WoW's story having never played the game is laughable. That'd be like me reviewing NASA's space program having never watched more than the Apollo 13 film

Also, WoW costs approximately £9/month assuming you pay for the most flexible subscription. It's cheaper than £9/month if you buy their 3 monthly or 6 monthly subscriptions by a few quid.

If you play for one hour per day, you're paying 30p/hour for gameplay which gets so much lower if you play more than that - as many people do. Expensive? Compared to what? How many games do you normally buy per month? One perhaps? Maybe more if you're coming up on a high number of Grade A titles?
Look, a) I prefer RTSes to MMORPGs by miles, b) I probably buy less games than that a month, and c) I just really want to know everything that happened. I tried wikiing it a million times, and seeing as I'll never find it out any other way, can you give me a complete plot summary of the WoW storyline?
No because I'd be here for literally hours and I myself don't know all of it - I mostly have an Alliance perspective and the Horde have just as much story which is separate as well, a lot of which I've not experienced.

Funk posted up there www.wowwiki.com, feel free to dive into that headfirst.

Finally, I wasn't saying that it was bad that the orcs teamed up with the night elves, just that the way I was told it was all that happened so far.
Wow, you need to smack whoever told you that.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
Here's an idea:

Let's make a drinking game out of all the actors and actresses that are bound to say in interviews that they played the game!

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
The Great JT said:
A few things come up from this in my brain upon reading this.

• -I am so fucking there. There's reading up on the lore of a character, then there's seeing the lore up-close and personal for yourself.
    -If Sam Raimi sticks to his directorial casting style (that meaning having Bruce "Can Never Not Be A Badass" Cambell in his flicks) then I'm sure Bruce is gonna play Arthas.
    -Please, please, PLEASE Sam, if you should happen upon this, don't fuck this up. There have been so many bad video game flicks that it's shameful to my very existance that these movies exist. Let this be the one that doesn't suck!

Note on number two: Bruce Cambell could be playing a friggin' woman and still be a badass. Admit it.
Arthas is a younger guy, so Brucey wouldn't work too well. But do you know who I can imagine Bruce Campbell as? Muradin freakin' Bronzebeard, that's who.

Hey, if they could do it with John Rhys-Davies...?

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
One last thing.
CantFaketheFunk said:
On the other hand, this opens the door for
Hot Arthas-on-Jaina action. Awwwww yeah.
Maybe Jaina's into necrophilia? Okay, that was horrible and I apologize profusely.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Sorry, sorry, double-post, I know. But let me just say something.
CantFaketheFunk said:
Arthas is a younger guy, so Brucey wouldn't work too well. But do you know who I can imagine Bruce Campbell as? Muradin freakin' Bronzebeard, that's who.

Uh...Isn't Bruce a little, I dunno, tall to play a dwarf? Like, I know there's always bluescreen effects, but I thought that got cut out when CGI came around.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
The Great JT said:
One last thing.
CantFaketheFunk said:
On the other hand, this opens the door for
Hot Arthas-on-Jaina action. Awwwww yeah.
Maybe Jaina's into necrophilia? Okay, that was horrible and I apologize profusely.
Nah. They were a couple before Arthas lost it, remember?

The Great JT said:
Sorry, sorry, double-post, I know. But let me just say something.
CantFaketheFunk said:

Uh...Isn't Bruce a little, I dunno, tall to play a dwarf? Like, I know there's always bluescreen effects, but I thought that got cut out when CGI came around.
Like I said, it worked for John Rhys-Davies. The dude is over 6' tall, IIRC, and they made him Gimli in the LotR movies just fine.

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
AstorSapolsky said:
On another note, thank sweet baby Jesus the plot might still be in Warcraft Three lore. I never gave WoW a chance, I stand fully behind the "Blizzard shouldn't have halted all projects for five years while they worked on WoW epansions" train of thought... the one exclusive to all two of us who don't play WoW.
Um, yeah, you DID skip WoW didn't you? Otherwise you'd realize that W3's lore IS WoW's lore. This movie is based on Blizzard's current hit game, not the RTS they stopped paying much attention to nearly a decade back.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
The hell? Isn't this what they were saying they wouldn't do since the movie's conception?

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
The Great JT said:
I'll take a piece of Sylvanas if that's where we're heading.

Kiithid

Aug 12, 2009
Mind it's not guaranteed to be a WoW movie, rather a whole Warcraft universe one. Hard to see things separated, there's so much more to explore between the Third war's end (Warcraft 3 storyline) and WoW.
Also remember the IMDB can and may be edited by a random user, no guarantee of Arthas Menethil.

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
I'm wondering if they will ever show what happened in Northrend after he killed Mal'Ganis but before he returned to Lordaeron.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Asehujiko said:
I'm wondering if they will ever show what happened in Northrend after he killed Mal'Ganis but before he returned to Lordaeron.
Did you do the Matthais Lehner quests in Icecrown? I think that's covered there.

Edit: Wait, no, my mistake. That couldn't have been then, the timing doesnt match up I don't think.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Asehujiko said:
Didn't they cover that in the book? Been a bit since I read it but I know they did include that part. Can't remember how much detail they went into though.

pirateninj4

Apr 6, 2009
Arsen said:
Fuck Arthas.

Damn Blizzard ripping off Mordred from Le Morte De Arthur, the fact that he's freezing in the icy pits of Dante's Inferno, and furthermore depict him an Anakin/Sarth Vaderish kind of style. This company does nothing but rip off piece after piece of lore then bastardize it beyond contemplation.

I swear, this "story" is the deathblow to the worlds Tolkien and those old myths created. Wake me up when they announce the Icewind Dale movie.
Hear hear. Screw this movie and the gravy train that it rode in on.

piez13

Sep 2, 2009
This sounds friggin' great. As long as they don't force Raimi to do things he doesn't want to. Remember Spider-Man 3? From what I've heard, he didn't want to put Venom in the movie until people started complaining.

Sigh.

DracoSuave

Jan 26, 2009
SirBryghtside said:
WHY DON'T THEY DO THIS F***ING STORY IN WARCRAFT 4?!
BECAUSE THEY DID THIS F***ING STORY IN WARCRAFT 3 AND 3x?!

Anyway, I liked the original RTSes, as you've probably guessed.
Apparently not, if you forgot the entire plot of Warcraft 3 and 3x.

hansari

May 31, 2009
CantFaketheFunk said:
SirBryghtside said:
WHY DON'T THEY DO THIS F***ING STORY IN WARCRAFT 4?!

IT'S NOT AS IF THERE ARE ANY BIG GAPS IN HIS LIFE!

Anyway, I liked the original RTSes, as you've probably guessed.

WoW can't even advance the stoyline properly.
...they did this in Warcraft III. It's the fall and rise of Arthas. We've already SEEN it in the RTS :p It's just fleshing it out more. (At least, just going by the subtitle)
So does that mean this movie is just gonna be a retelling of Warcraft 3 on the big screen?

Or is this actually gonna expand on the storyline?

(Then again...I would like to see all the races battling at that huge tree in IMAX)