New Resident Evil Movie Trailer Filled With Silly Fun

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
New Resident Evil Movie Trailer Filled With Silly Fun

It's more Matrix than Night of the Living Dead, but Resident Evil: Afterlife is looking like a fun ride.

A new trailer for Resident Evil: Afterlife has been released, and much like the first trailer [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/99681-Resident-Evil-Afterlife-Trailer-Released], it's filled to the brim with over-the-top action, Milla Jovovich clones, and ugly, ugly monsters. But unlike the first trailer, this is less about showing off how cool the movie will look in 3D, and more about the movie as a whole.

In Afterlife, the T-Virus has spread across the entire world, and almost everyone is dead. Alice follows a radio signal to Alaska, expecting to find some survivors. Instead she finds just one, Claire Redfield, who has a mysterious glowing object attached to her chest. Knowing that they cannot stay in Alaska, Alice and Claire try to hunt down the source of the radio signal, leading them to Los Angeles, and bringing them to them to the attention of the Umbrella Corporation once again.

It looks like Afterlife has taken a few tips from Resident Evil 5, so don't be surprised if you recognize a few things. It doesn't look like it's going to be even remotely creepy or tense, but it does look like it's going to be a fun popcorn flick.

Resident Evil: Afterlife will be released in theaters on September 10th.

Source: Heatvision Blog [http://heatvision.hollywoodreporter.com/2010/07/resident-evil-afterlife-trailer.html]

Rusman

Aug 12, 2008
Looks pretty cool, but then for some reason I always seem to like the Resi movies. I wonder what reason Milla Jovovich will have to get naked this time.

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
Admittedly, that looks pretty damned awesome.

Though as the hype bug is a ***** most of the time, I won't comment anymore until this is actually released and I see it.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Another Rez movie?! or was it the Matrix? or was it Underworld? Gah, who the hell knows.

sephiroth1991

Dec 3, 2009
Pfft I hope this is the last one.
I thought the old ones wheren't even remotely creepy or tense. Like i said befor it's funny how they like to take random elements of the game and right a plot around it.

Rusman said:
look pretty cool, but then for some reason I always seem to like the Resi movies. I wonder what reason Milla Jovovich will have to get naked this time.
And yet it's never a pretty sight.

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
The last one managed to rip off everything from Day Of The Dead to the Empire Strikes Back, so it'd be no surprise if they did manage to rip off the Matrix in this one.

MrLS

May 17, 2009
I been let down by the Resident Evil movies too many times already... never again.

Z(ombie)fan

Mar 12, 2010
Ah. Ive Always liked the resident evil films. not the games though,
4Resident Evil
Aside, I hated the games.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
"With the latest 3D technology!" It's proudly sate in the misty black screen. Kevin merely faceplam. He sign and mutter "What is with 3D? It's been around for 50 years, and people is using it like it just came out last week."

He took a sip of his snapple Ice tea and signed his post.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
It certainly looks nice. Its good to see them borrowing from the games (Such as the body control devices on the chests), but for some reason, I just don't feel that this will end well.

Call me paranoid, but something about a video game based movie won't live up to the hype.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Funny how acrobatic they are and yet in Resident Evil 5 your about as agile as a tank.

Calumon: Did they put a mouth in their mouth so they could eat while they eat?

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
Was that A Perfect Circle they played in that trailer? Awesome...
Edit: yup, this song [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzyNWyZhUS0].

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
Make Resident Evil films that can actually fit in with the games... hows about that?

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Seems the Resident Evil movies are by this point just and endless sort of send-up of action/monster movie cliches.

Just forget that it has "Resident Evil" attached to the front of it and the movies suddenly become fun to watch.

hwarang

Oct 12, 2009
Seems to have a touch of Code Veronica: X about it. Was that a fight between Wesker and Chris Redfield?
Meh..

Anyway who else gets reeeally annoyed when meeting new people, on dates, at a party, whatever, you say you like Resident Evil.
They say hell yeah they like it too.
:)
You ask which was their favourite one?
They reply something like the "latest one, but I don't understand how she's got psychic powers".
Oh god, it dawns on you that they mean the films...
:(

Mr. Grey

I changed my face, ya like it?
Aug 31, 2009
Eh, I'll wait till it's on basic cable or HBO.

Jack and Calumon said:
Funny how acrobatic they are and yet in Resident Evil 5 your about as agile as a tank.
"Damn it! I have to stand and hold to shoot this pistol, there's no other way to do it! It's impossible I tell you!"

Someone should have told Max Payne this before he was made the fool.