New Resident Evil Movie Trailer Filled With Silly Fun

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
"IN THE LATEST 3D TECHNOLOGY"

Translation: we have filled this movie with obnoxious point-of-view shots as shown in two clips after this statement.

hwarang

Oct 12, 2009
@cursedseishi
I actually agree, my fave film was the second one just for picking up all the little one off Resi set pieces. That's mostly how I enjoy those films (eg if nemesis had have never said "starzzz" I'd have probs hated it).

Oh and as a general fan of most things Marvel, I can now appreciate the same story told a million different ways: comic book canon, cartoon canon, film canon, film rehash canon etc.
Same with Resi, sure in the games "abc" happened, but to make the film work they made "abd". Oh well.
Would you watch a film where a guy with a fully working shotgun backtracks around a huge building to find a simple key for a basic lock on a thin door? Well that's what makes the difference between a good game and a good film.

So this film's gonna have sets from code veronica, characters from 4 and 5. A mish-mash of storyline from he most recent games mixed with the current film's storylines. And action never seen in any of the games ever. Tis gonna be a fun film.

(but it's still annoying when asking someone about the games, and getting the reply "never played them, but I like the films")

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Logan Westbrook said:
It looks like Afterlife has taken a few tips from Resident Evil 5, so don't be surprised if you recognize a few things. It doesn't look like it's going to be even remotely creepy or tense, but it does look like it's going to be a fun popcorn flick.
Does anyone think that maybe they are missing the point of Resident Evil? Then again, even Capcom are missing the point with the last two games... well ok, at least RE5. RE4 was still good fun and creepy as hell in places.

I get the feeling that the movie makers are just throwing random elements together from the games, I see some RE5 styled zombie/virus/infected whateveryoucallthems in there and the old glowing chest attachment that also featured in said game.

At least it can't be as bad as Extinction, that movie shouldn't have even existed (Edit: Ha! caught myself with an inadvertant joke!) What a complete waste of time. I enjoyed the RE movies 1 and 2 but it's all got a bit daft since then. I can't help but feel that everyone has lost their focus on just what RE actually is about, or was, or perhaps it's just the call of all that money.

snow

Jan 14, 2010
Dr. wonderful said:
"With the latest 3D technology!" It's proudly sate in the misty black screen. Kevin merely faceplam. He sign and mutter "What is with 3D? It's been around for 50 years, and people is using it like it just came out last week."

He took a sip of his snapple Ice tea and signed his post.
Did you just Roleplay your response to a Resident Evil movie?.... Awesome!!

I like the resident evil movies, but I feel a lil nervous about this one... I don't know why though, but I have a bad feeling about it.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
MegaSlaan said:
Le sigh all I want to see is Leon and Chris stomping zombie face on the big screen. Oh well at least they used Claire.
Same. For some reason I really hated Ali Larter as Claire Redfield. Perhaps because there was absolutely no point in having her character in Extinction and therefore she didn't really HAVE any sort of character. Or maybe because I absolutely HATED Extinction! :p

Also, what's the deal with there always being someone who secretly gets bitten by a zombie, hides it from everyone hoping it'll all just go away and then ends up turning and eating everyone? I wonder who'll be cast as THAT stereotype this time?

Daclunator

Aug 25, 2008
Yes, I certainly can't wait for Resident Evil: Ada wong cosplayer kicks the crap out of johnny bravo.

I mean... Resident evil Afterlife.

Edit: Ok, sorry. I mean Resident evil: Laura Croft fights Loz from final fantasy

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
At the beginning i thought i was watching a left 4 dead movie trailer......

Daclunator

Aug 25, 2008
MegaSlaan said:
Le sigh all I want to see is Leon and Chris stomping zombie face on the big screen. Oh well at least they used Claire.
Well, here's the thing... In RE apocolypse there's a newspaper on a desk that says that a rookie cop called "Leon Scott Kennedy" was killed.

Daclunator

Aug 25, 2008
Proverbial Jon said:
MegaSlaan said:
Same. For some reason I really hated Ali Larter as Claire Redfield. Perhaps because there was absolutely no point in having her character in Extinction and therefore she didn't really HAVE any sort of character. Or maybe because I absolutely HATED Extinction! :p

Also, what's the deal with there always being someone who secretly gets bitten by a zombie, hides it from everyone hoping it'll all just go away and then ends up turning and eating everyone? I wonder who'll be cast as THAT stereotype this time?
what pissed me off even more is that it took him about 20 hours to turn into a zombie.

I would have preferred that they opened the ambulance van and his date was splattered against the walls.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
snowfox said:
Dr. wonderful said:
"With the latest 3D technology!" It's proudly sate in the misty black screen. Kevin merely faceplam. He sign and mutter "What is with 3D? It's been around for 50 years, and people is using it like it just came out last week."

He took a sip of his snapple Ice tea and signed his post.
Did you just Roleplay your response to a Resident Evil movie?.... Awesome!!
"Kevin merely smirk and responded "I have to, because I been up reading old Roleplay articles and preparing for a role."

He proudly wrote, before signing off he added a post sentence

"Ps: I'm going see how long I can keep this up."

Talvrae

The Purple Fairy
Dec 8, 2009
They seriously ned to stop massacring that franchise... please for god sake... And damn they even do it in pointless 3D yeah

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
I honestly don't know what number Resident Evil film this is, because that woman has been in too many zombie-related films.

Talvrae

The Purple Fairy
Dec 8, 2009
Sparrow said:
I honestly don't know what number Resident Evil film this is, because that woman has been in too many zombie-related films.
4... unless you count Degeneration, it would be 5

12th_milkshake

Nov 20, 2008
.. I'm a huge fan of the rez evil films but this is getting silly. whats with the matrix look? :/ but its a bit too.. jazz hands for me but i'll end up getting it. :S