Super Toast

Supreme Overlord of the Basement
Dec 10, 2009

So, what was your reaction? Mine can be summed up in six words;

Holy shit, holy shit, holy shit.

OutcastBOS

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2009
Gat better be OK. If he's not...I'm gonna be upset. Otherwise, this game looks AWESOME.

Raziel_Likes_Souls

Mar 6, 2008
OutcastBOS said:
Raziel_Likes_Souls said:
OutcastBOS said:
IS JOHNNY OKAY!?

BUSTA WURUFF!!!

On topic, fuck yeah, Saints Row 3. Now I have to make Terry Bogard on it.
... I'm sorry, you confused me...are you making fun of me?
Nah, man. But when you said Johnny better be okay, that's what I thought of. But if you don't know who that guy in the picture is, you're missing out.

migo

Jun 27, 2010
Yeah, Saints Row The Third is definitely on my to buy list. Looks a ton more fun than anything Rockstar has put out recently (or likely will put out).

IsraelRocks

Apr 21, 2010
Typical female response, guy catches you twice while free falling and all he gets is "your an asshole"

Oh, and game looks insane

onewheeled

Aug 4, 2009
I swear, I saw this exact same footage like a month ago... Huh.

But yeah, this is the video that got me into the game. Before I watched it, I had no intentions whatsoever to play it. Now, though, it's a different story.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I rate that video a great big fat meh.

I always hear about Saints Row as some kind of holy grail of whacky no-holds-barred action. All I saw was unremarkable third person shooting peppered with rail sections and a couple of QTEs. The E3 gameplay video was a lot more interesting.

Also, if I ever play this, I'll have to change the language to German or something. I'm worried that listening to that dialogue in a language I can understand might cause my brain to flee in embarrassment.

Maybe I'll pick it up when it hits the Steam sales for $15 or thereabouts.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
This clip makes me feel a lot more confident about the game than the other footage I've seen as it's funny and ridiculously over the top, but in an action movie way rather than a cartoon way.

Still weird watching it with some random dude standing in for the Boss. Must be her stunt double.

[sub]I really really hope the character customisation is up to the standard of SR2[/sub]

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
onewheeled999 said:
I swear, I saw this exact same footage like a month ago... Huh.

But yeah, this is the video that got me into the game. Before I watched it, I had no intentions whatsoever to play it. Now, though, it's a different story.
Yeah, on this very site. I actually posted a link to it on facebook so I can find the exact date but I cbf.

Sixcess said:
This clip makes me feel a lot more confident about the game than the other footage I've seen as it's funny and ridiculously over the top, but in an action movie way rather than a cartoon way.

Still weird watching it with some random dude standing in for the Boss. Must be her stunt double.

[sub]I really really hope the character customisation is up to the standard of SR2[/sub]
It'd be nice if we could import our character to be honest. I don't want to have to try remake my dude.

ruben6f

Mar 8, 2011
I have seen this footage a long time ago... in the escapist.

But yes this game is on my buy list, I won't by MW3 or BF3 and I will only buy Saints Row 3 and Skyrim, I am tired of multiplayer games.

Trucken

Jan 26, 2009
Sixcess said:
My thoughts exactly. Silly Volition, did they really think that people wouldn't notice that the Boss had suddenly turned male? And white?

PurePareidolia

Nov 26, 2008
OK, that was pretty amazing.

Trucken said:
Sixcess said:
My thoughts exactly. Silly Volition, did they really think that people wouldn't notice that the Boss had suddenly turned male? And white?
How can the boss be a girl? I distinctly remember him having a the most hilarious British accent in video games ever.

Unlike Commander Shepard who is a redheaded woman no matter what the Bioware says

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Having just played Saints Row 2, I was excited. I went from a "hey, look, all three of them!" to "huh, so, that's supposed to be Shaundi?" to grinning like a hyena who just discovered morbid humor alongside a dead zebra. I cannot wait for this shit, now. What other game could off that particular breed of batshit insanity?

Trucken

Jan 26, 2009
PurePareidolia said:
Trucken said:
Sixcess said:
How can the boss be a girl? I distinctly remember him having a the most hilarious British accent in video games ever.
I'm afraid I don't know which game you refer to, my dear sir. In the first game the Boss was a male, who then somehow became a female in the second game. But a male with a british accent? I'm afraid I have yet to play that game.

PurePareidolia

Nov 26, 2008
Trucken said:
PurePareidolia said:
Trucken said:
Sixcess said:
I'm afraid I don't know which game you refer to, my dear sir. In the first game the Boss was a male, who then somehow became a female in the second game. But a male with a british accent? I'm afraid I have yet to play that game.
Well, I looked it up on youtube and it appears we're both wrong - Gabe Newell was the Boss in Saint's Row 2 [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4P0Dnlx_Mg], and he's neither female, nor British.