New Screens from The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Blood and Wine Expansion Show Off New Locales

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
New Screens from The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Blood and Wine Expansion Show Off New Locales

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1314/1314887.jpgThese new screens from The Witcher 3's Blood and Wine expansion give you a look at the areas you'll visit and some of the sights you'll see.

have been rumors [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/10161-The-Witcher-3-Wild-Hunt]), but today we got a handful of new screens showing off the upcoming add-on. Blood and Wine takes player to Toussaint, a new region that Geralt must explore.

The official line describes it as "A land untainted by war, where an atmosphere of carefree indulgence and knightly ritual masks an ancient, bloody secret."

If you can't get enough Witcher 3, you can catch members of the dev team on a PAX East panel named, "GWENT-Ception: Does a Game Within a Game, Make a Game a Better Game?" If you're not a PAX East, you can watch the panel live on Twitch [https://www.twitch.tv/pax3] at 2 PM ET tomorrow.

There's a decent chance we'll get a release date announcement in May, as the official email states that they'll be "revealing more information in May." Until then, enjoy these screens.

[gallery=6168]

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Cool! Looks very exotic and whimsical. The Witcher 3 is one of the only games for which the DLC is actually something I would want to buy.

kurupt87

Fuhuhzucking hellcocks I'm good
Mar 17, 2010
I can't get enough Witcher 3.

"GWENT-Ception: Does a Game Within a Game, Make a Game a Better Game?" - Gwent and Blitzball make that a yes.

DeadProxy

Sep 15, 2010
I really hope Gwent isn't forced down our throats some more. Never could get into it, and hated going up against people with constructed decks while I have to put garbage together from innkeepers.

Otherwise, looks super pretty, should be fun to explore just to see what the flora and fauna are.

Really need to go finish the other DLC now...stopped when I needed to protect a drunk firespitter from a boar and realized I had no swords equipped. Stupid me trying to get into role-play mood by not having weapons equipped at the party >.>

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
K12 said:
This looks like Geralt in Wonderland... but with more centipedes
MrCalavera said:
K12 said:
This looks like Geralt in Wonderland... but with more centipedes
No joke. I'd expect something like this from another "Alice" game.
[/spoiler][/quote]

[B]EDIT[/B] [I]American McGee's Geralt[/I], only with less troubling sexual themes, somehow. I only realised I'd buggered that up last night....

[B]OT[/B]

While I'm yet to read any concrete information about what we can expect in [I]Blood and Wine[/I], everything about it's almost sickeningly bright and cheery look compared to Velen and Novigrad puts me in mind of Honeysuckle, from one of the Warhammer Fantasy short-story collections about a bunch of Kislevite mercenaries, i.e. one of my favourite Warhammer short-stories of all time. If Toussaint manages the same vibe of "Lovely wonderland on the surface, unspeakable evil within", I am sold.

One question though: are we actually going to be inside Nilfgaardian territories in this DLC?

TheFinish

Grand Admiral
May 17, 2010
Dragonlayer said:
OT

While I'm yet to read any concrete information about what we can expect in Blood and Wine, everything about it's almost sickeningly bright and cheery look compared to Velen and Novigrad puts me in mind of Honeysuckle, from one of the Warhammer Fantasy short-story collections about a bunch of Kislevite mercenaries, i.e. one of my favourite Warhammer short-stories of all time. If Toussaint manages the same vibe of "Lovely wonderland on the surface, unspeakable evil within", I am sold.

One question though: are we actually going to be inside Nilfgaardian territories in this DLC?
Given that Toussaint is part of Nilfgaard, yes, we'll technically be in their territory. Although if memory serves, they're a bit like Dol Blathanna, in that they're part of the Empire but mostly self governing.

As for what to expect, both the revealed cover and the name imply we're gonna have to deal with some good ol' vampires. And I'm all up for that.

Can't wait for this, so excited! And damn does Anna Henrietta look amazing!

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
TheFinish said:
Dragonlayer said:
OT

While I'm yet to read any concrete information about what we can expect in Blood and Wine, everything about it's almost sickeningly bright and cheery look compared to Velen and Novigrad puts me in mind of Honeysuckle, from one of the Warhammer Fantasy short-story collections about a bunch of Kislevite mercenaries, i.e. one of my favourite Warhammer short-stories of all time. If Toussaint manages the same vibe of "Lovely wonderland on the surface, unspeakable evil within", I am sold.

Given that Toussaint is part of Nilfgaard, yes, we'll technically be in their territory. Although if memory serves, they're a bit like Dol Blathanna, in that they're part of the Empire but mostly self governing.

As for what to expect, both the revealed cover and the name imply we're gonna have to deal with some good ol' vampires. And I'm all up for that.

So how deep inside Nilfgaard would that be? I'm just wondering if this DLC is going to be set miles and miles away from the frontlines, and what - if any - issues for the story and already made decisions that would pose.

TheFinish

Grand Admiral
May 17, 2010
Dragonlayer said:
TheFinish said:
Dragonlayer said:
OT

So how deep inside Nilfgaard would that be? I'm just wondering if this DLC is going to be set miles and miles away from the frontlines, and what - if any - issues for the story and already made decisions that would pose.
Not very deep at all, going by this map (you can see Toussaint' capital Beauclair near the southern edge, barely past the Yaruga).

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/witcher/images/5/58/World_map.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140622213927

However, it's stated that Nilfgaard tends not to bother them all that much, so I doubt the war is making any sort of impact. But I could be wrong.