New Set Photos From Netflix's Luke Cage Are Spoilerific

JaredJones

Jun 8, 2015
New Set Photos From Netflix's Luke Cage Are Spoilerific

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1013/1013729.png

Photos from Marvel's latest upcoming Netflix series have Rosario Dawson, Simone Missick, and a possible death.

If you haven't been watching this season of Marvel's Jessica Jones on Netflix, you might not be familiar with Jones' on-again, off-again boyfriend in the series (slash husband) in the comics, Luke Cage, or the fact that he has a Netflix series of his own currently in production. Well, he does, and by all early indications it is going to be damn good.

Coming to Netflix in April (Or May. Or maybe the fall. No one really knows yet), Luke Cage tells the story of an ex-convict who acquires superpowers through, get this, an experiment gone awry. Have you heard this? Can you believe this? Sounds a bit far-fetched, if you ask me.

Anyways, the official synopsis of the upcoming show is below:

When a sabotaged experiment gives him super strength and unbreakable skin, Luke Cage becomes a fugitive attempting to rebuild his life in Harlem and must soon confront his past and fight a battle for the heart of his city.

Starring the frustratingly good-looking Mike Colter as Cage, the series will also bring in Rosario Dawson's Claire Temple/Night Nurse from Netflix's *other* two Marvel series', Daredevil and Jessica Jones, as well as Alfre Woodard (as Mariah Dillard), Simone Missick (as Misty Knight), and Frank Whaley (as Detective Scarfe).

A handful of photos from the set of Luke Cage were released earlier today, featuring all of the aforementioned cast in their charming, chisel-faced glory. Not to spoil anything, but it looks like one of them might bite the dust early.

Check 'em out.

[gallery=5169]

Source: Vulture [http://www.vulture.com/2015/12/see-the-first-photos-from-the-luke-cage-set.html]

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
Does this mean Claire Temple is the Coulson of the Netflix series? Because if so, that effectively confirms she will die in The Defenders.

Solkard

Sep 29, 2014
Zontar said:
Does this mean Claire Temple is the Coulson of the Netflix series? Because if so, that effectively confirms she will die in The Defenders.
Maybe they'll do another spin-off and give her, her own show. Like a superhero ER, where they have to figure out stupid stuff like where to put an IV into someone with invulnerable skin, or how to give an eye exam to someone who has to wear sunglasses or shoot lasers out of their eyes.

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
Solkard said:
Zontar said:
Maybe they'll do another spin-off and give her, her own show. Like a superhero ER, where they have to figure out stupid stuff like where to put an IV into someone with invulnerable skin, or how to give an eye exam to someone who has to wear sunglasses or shoot lasers out of their eyes.
I can't be the only one who thinks this is a great idea.

F-I-D-O

I miss my avatar
Feb 18, 2010
The Enquirer said:
Solkard said:
Zontar said:
"Nurse Temple, Thing just came in and needs bloodwork!"
"Oh god dammit."

Interesting that they mentioned Harlem specifically, and not Hell's Kitchen. I'm curious if they'll set it up with a lot of Jessica Jones appearances, or let Luke have a show mostly to his own. Considering Jessica's didn't really mention Daredevil's events, I'm curious how intertwined they plan on making the Netflix shows.

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
F-I-D-O said:
The Enquirer said:
Solkard said:
Zontar said:
"Nurse Temple, Thing just came in and needs bloodwork!"
"Oh god dammit."

Interesting that they mentioned Harlem specifically, and not Hell's Kitchen. I'm curious if they'll set it up with a lot of Jessica Jones appearances, or let Luke have a show mostly to his own. Considering Jessica's didn't really mention Daredevil's events, I'm curious how intertwined they plan on making the Netflix shows.
From what I understand, Daredevil and Jessica Jones season 1 tale place at the same time, and Daredevil wasn't known to many people until the end of season 1. It might have been nice to get a passing mention of "some nut in a mask" sooner than that during one of the precinct scenes or from Simpson, if only to establish more of a clear time line. Or maybe something in the background, like Jones possibly saving someone when one of the gangs in Daredevil blew up most of the city.

If I were to guess though, during Daredevil season 2 we may get more mentions of this stuff.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
Solkard said:
Zontar said:
I remember that they actually had to do that with Luke Cage at one point, they had to operate on him because he had internal issues (heart attack) but they couldn't break through his skin with anything because he's invincible.

Also, yes, it would be a great series I think. It would also be good for showing the aftermath of giant fights like we see in the finales of the movies.