New Silent Hill is a Dead Ringer for Alan Wake

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
Is it just me, or does this look really cool? I don't know why, but I've got a good feeling about this silent hill game.

Podunk

Dec 18, 2008
Oh, some Alan Wake rip-off on top of the weapon degradation and quick-time events.
Aww, hell, this is going to be worse than Silent Hill 4 and Homecoming combined, isn't it?

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Well I'll be damned, I thought you were exaggerating with that title. If I hadn't been told, I would have suggested that this was a sequel to Alan Wake, but set in the same place (a sequel as the main character is clearly different).

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Silent Hill is dead.

I don't know who the hell that is wearing its sloppily flayed skin, but someone should call his parents.

Popido

Oct 21, 2010
So, hows the story? Any child molesters? Rapists? Retards? Whores? Abortion? Children giving a birth? No?

Okay then. Fuck off.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Wow, it really does look like Alan Wake. If I just glanced at them and couldn't zoom in, I would swear those screens are from Alan Wake. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but I'm keeping my eye on this one. The moment I heard that you play as an ex-soldier in Homecoming, I went, "Done. Going to be too much combat, not enough running." This one though, I haven't seen anything to turn me away yet.

Chewy2nd

Apr 18, 2011
Look at this and tell me it doesnt scream Silent Hill, the Alan Wake comparison only extends to the woods, once you enter Silent Hill, the town becomes the fog filled hell hole we know it as

Chewy2nd

Apr 18, 2011
Producer Devin Shatsky has responded to the claims on Hell Descent [http://helldescent.com/2011/04/18/devin-shatsky-on-downpours-alan-wake-comparison/]

I think it?s a bit odd for anyone who hasn?t even seen the game to be drawing comparisons to any other games. They can only judge from the screenshots they?ve seen, so I don?t blame them. If they think we are looking ?Alan Wake-ish? just because we have a forest area in part of the game, then so be it. But it could easily be said that Alan Wake ripped off SH in a number of ways with the look and feel of their entire game. Granted, all games evolve from each other in some capacity, so I think its narrow minded to think like that.

I would like to point out we have way more variety of environments in Downpour than Alan Wake does, so I feel very comfortable that the comparisons will end at these forest shots. There are a multitude of other environments in Downpour that people will be hard-pressed to compare to ANY other games, we have a very unique variety of landscapes and interiors, and I think the fans will be very pleased with the job Vatra is doing on our environments. The forest is just a drop in the bucket (pun intended) of where we take the player in this game.

Treaos Serrare

Aug 19, 2009
Not sure how i feel about this comparison, i haven't heard anything spectacular about wake, in fact all i have heard of it is that its shite. while Silent Hill has had some stumbling blocks(namely Homecoming and memories)its been a damn good series( And I Agree with Yahtzee, no more fucking nurses Or Pyramid Head for that matter)