New Spider-Man - Homecoming Trailer Spoils Most of Movie

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
New Spider-Man - Homecoming Trailer Spoils Most of Movie

The new Spider-Man trailer is spoilerific.

It's always fun when you see a trailer and feel like you've either seen or can infer almost everything that happens in the movie, and that's what it feels like after watching the newest trailer for Spider-Man: Homecoming, the first solo Marvel Studios [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/spider-man].

The last trailer [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/169011-Spider-Man-Homecoming-Trailer-Goes-Live] gave us a pretty good idea of what we were getting into, but it didn't spoil important parts. It was a solid trailer and did exactly what a trailer should do: promote the movie without showing us too much.

I'll give you an example, and assuming you haven't watched the new trailer, here's your spoiler warning. The previous trailer's money shot showed us a scene in which a ship was splitting in two and Spider-Man was holding it together. That's a great shot for a trailer and doesn't show us how it ends. Well, this new trailer does exactly that. Iron Man comes to the rescue - and then takes Peter Parker's suit away. These are things we don't need to know in a trailer! The new trailer also gives us an idea of what the climactic battle will look like and how we get there - although, to its credit, it doesn't show us how it ends. So ... yay?

Anyway, for those who want to have a significant portion of the film spoiled for them, watch the trailer. For the rest of you? Here's your PSA. It'll be playing in cinemas soon, if it isn't already, so you might want to leave the auditorium if you're someone who's cautious about spoilers.

Spider-Man: Homecoming is scheduled to be released on July 7, 2017.

[gallery=6663]

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Great, now I'm waiting for HiSHE channel for their take on the movie. They would had Tony taking the Vulture out before Peter does something stupid first!

Darth Rosenberg

Oct 25, 2011
*resists watching trailer*

So I have over three months to try to avoid having the film spoiled? Thankyou very much Columbia/Marvel Studios/whoeverthehell...

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
We don't know for sure how much it spoils.
We can think of how it spoils the movie, but we will know that for sure when we see the movie.
Wouldn't be the first time a movie throws us of by "showing too much" in a trailer.
Many alternatives.

Deathfish15

Nov 7, 2006
Every super hero trailer in the last DECADE has "spoiled the movie" by showing too much of it. Because the non-action parts of the movie are dialog inserts and background story. But apparently that's not enticing for the audiences. So they show the big events, the reveals, the hype and leave the audience guessing/hoping for more of that behind the 90min+ run time. So there is that.

iconoclast xvii

Mar 3, 2017
Reminds me of the Furious 7 trailer that was basically the entire best scene of the movie cut down to fit in a trailer.

King_Julian

Jun 10, 2009
It does show a lot but we do not know how much more there might just be.

what ruins it for me is the fact that tony takes his suit away......i dont want to see him running around in his pyjamas for most of the movie. hes gonna have an awesome suit at the start....tony takes it away for 90% of the movie then hand it back at the end.

....never the less i am looking forward to it. hes a good actor and does a great job of spiderman.

Makabriel

May 13, 2013
King_Julian said:
It does show a lot but we do not know how much more there might just be.

what ruins it for me is the fact that tony takes his suit away......i dont want to see him running around in his pyjamas for most of the movie. hes gonna have an awesome suit at the start....tony takes it away for 90% of the movie then hand it back at the end.

....never the less i am looking forward to it. hes a good actor and does a great job of spiderman.
Welcome to 99% of hero stories. The "fall from grace" plot line

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Darth Rosenberg said:
*resists watching trailer*

So I have over three months to try to avoid having the film spoiled? Thankyou very much Columbia/Marvel Studios/whoeverthehell...
Ditto.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Scarim Coral said:
Great, now I'm waitinf for HiSHE channel for their take on the movie. They would had Tony taking the Vulture out before Peter does something stupid first!
Bwahahaha, you can do nothing to stop my evil plan SpiderTHUNKOh so on of a TANK MISSILE!.

Back to the cafe where Bats and Supes are once again admonishing Iron Man for just killing yet another bad guy, how are you supposed to have an arch nemesis if they get turned to shrapnel within ninety minutes?

Zulnam

Feb 22, 2010
Guys.

Guys.

Can you guess who the goofy comedy relief character will be?

Do you.

Do you think it will be the fat kid?

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
No worries. Tomorrow's the IT trailer. So who's floating? We float. WE ALLLLLL FLOAT!

Sep 14, 2009
Fischgopf said:
Hyperbole much? How exactly does this spoil most of the Movie? *roll eyes*
agreed, I guess I'm just not a stereotypical nerd in that I expect certain things to be "spoiled" if I'm going to watch trailers, otherwise the trailer has next to no purpose and/or failed (exceptions to that, obviously).

It's not like any/all of spiderman isn't known by the vast majority of people, and it was already shown that tony was the one recruiting spiderman in CA3, so WOAH, HUGE FUCKING SURPRISE, IRONMAN SHOWS UP IN SPIDERMAN.

*mind blown* /s

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I like that line Iron Man gives him, "If you're nothing without this suit, then you don't deserve to have it."

Also, I like how his friend is acting like a real friend. He's not blowing his secret or anything. He's being a nerd about it. "Do you know him? Can I try on the suit? Can you summon an army of spiders?" Because honestly, that's what I'd be like if I found out one of my friends was superhero.

MeatMachine

Dr. Stan Gray
May 31, 2011
Did I just watch a trailer for the new Spider-Man debut, or a trailer for Iron Man 4: Son of Iron Man?

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
Huh. And here I was expecting them to go with the Vulture stealing Peter's youth and him learning a valuable lesson about not trying to grow up too fast.