New Square-Enix Countdown Teaser

superspartan004

Jul 3, 2009
note: yes I used the search bar

Square-Enix has yet another countdown teaser on their site, I have absolutely no clue what it could be, decide for yourselves
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/0807/

megapenguinx

Jan 8, 2009
Weird, well I guess I'll have to check back later when it expires. Or you know until someone tells me what it is because chances are I'll forget about it.

iblis666

Sep 8, 2008
Titanguy654 said:
*Resists urge to yell "Final Fantasy 7 remake"*

Nah, I'll just get disappointed.
damn it now you have me thinking it

wtb ff7 remake on the xbox 360

superspartan004

Jul 3, 2009
Titanguy654 said:

lol that's what I thought too when I saw the giant roman numeral "VII" but when you think about it, with the art style in the background, there's no way it could be it

Tolly

Jan 12, 2009
superspartan004 said:
note: yes I used the search bar

Square-Enix has yet another countdown teaser on their site, I have absolutely no clue what it could be, decide for yourselves
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/0807/
Hokay... from what I can see on my screen... Almost definitely an RPG, quite likely a Final Fantasy or similar franchise. Fairly gothic and cool-looking, so maybe a more European medieval style, which would be welcome.

Yeah, I'm probably going to be COMPLETELY and UTTERLY wrong, but wouldn't it be nice if I was right?

Woem

May 28, 2009
Percutio said:
A 10 hour timer, but it says 7 days?

Interesting
I'm pretty sure that when the hour timer reaches 0, it will go to 6 days and 23:59 :p

Jenkins

Dec 4, 2007
Titanguy654 said:

yeah this...

I swear... why is square so reluctant to make a FF7 remake (of the best selling game in the franchise) but they jumped all over 10-2(which, may I remind you sucked giant donkey gonads)

Meado

Apr 27, 2008
Titanguy654 said:
woem said:
Percutio said:
A 10 hour timer, but it says 7 days?

Interesting
I'm pretty sure that when the hour timer reaches 0, it will go to 6 days and 23:59 :p
Na, that would be getting Kojima'd.
But it would make sense. What's the point of making a countdown teaser if it's only running for 10 hours. That's not enough time for news to spread, so it'd be a waste of energy. They may as well just release the info instead of going through the effort of making a website what won't be around very long.

Crabturtleking

Jun 2, 2009
iblis666 said:
Titanguy654 said:

What does wtb mean? Regardless, I'd purchase a 360 version of FF7. That would be a lot easier than getting a PS3 or finding a original copy of it.

Tolly

Jan 12, 2009
An FF7 remake for the PSP would be extra-sweet. I mean hell, they did it for a whole TON of games (Valkyrie Profile, Final Fantasy Tactics and both original Star Ocean games, just looking at my weekend bookshelf), and it tends to work really well. And the existance of Crisis Core just proves that it can be done and done pretty well at that.

iblis666

Sep 8, 2008
Crabturtleking said:
iblis666 said:
Titanguy654 said:

What does wtb mean? Regardless, I'd purchase a 360 version of FF7. That would be a lot easier than getting a PS3 or finding a original copy of it.
sorry its a mmo game abbreviation for "want to buy" you find it a lot on games like wow

as for the game its self ive got the original but id love to have it for the 360 for a few reasons such as i dont have a ps3 and the fact that id love to see what they would do with the tech they have now

asinann

Apr 28, 2008
They already did a re-release of FF7 on the PSP and the PS3 not very long ago if I remember right.

It might have been a gauge to see how high interest really was.

goldenjester

Feb 3, 2009
Jenkins said:
Titanguy654 said:

yeah this...

I swear... why is EA so reluctant to make a FF7 remake (of the best selling game in the franchise) but they jumped all over 10-2(which, may I remind you sucked giant donkey gonads)
EA is reluctant to make a ff7 remake because it belongs to SQUARE.

I dunno...the last square game I played where 7 days was important was the World Ends With You? Maybe a sequel?

Jenkins

Dec 4, 2007
goldenjester said:
Jenkins said:
Titanguy654 said:

yeah this...

I swear... why is EA so reluctant to make a FF7 remake (of the best selling game in the franchise) but they jumped all over 10-2(which, may I remind you sucked giant donkey gonads)
EA is reluctant to make a ff7 remake because it belongs to SQUARE.

I dunno...the last square game I played where 7 days was important was the World Ends With You? Maybe a sequel?
I am SO sorry. I had a brain fart when I said EA. I feel ashamed.

Arayis

Jul 11, 2008
The site is called 0807, maybe it's counting down till the 7th of August? Although what exactly is going to happen then I have no idea...

Chilliman

Mar 7, 2009
There is absolutely no reason why it wouldn't be a FF7 remake if it says VII days but there's a longer timer.
Then again if things were that simple, it wouldn't be clever.