New Square-Enix Countdown Teaser

Chilliman

Mar 7, 2009
asinann said:
They already did a re-release of FF7 on the PSP and the PS3 not very long ago if I remember right.

It might have been a gauge to see how high interest really was.
The one for psp is a prequel, not a remake.
The ps3 was a demo-ish thing that was never really released.

Xsilsear

Jul 20, 2009
They are just fucking with us, if they didn't know by now what kind of a brainstorm begins in our heads every time we see VII... My money's on that it's completely unrelated. This way, if I'm right I get money and if I'm wrong I get FFVII. Damn I'm smart.

asinann

Apr 28, 2008
Chilliman said:
asinann said:
They already did a re-release of FF7 on the PSP and the PS3 not very long ago if I remember right.

Wow, I guess the Final Fantasy 7 full game download that has Cloud and Barret that I've been playing on my PSP am currently in Kalm on. looks like ass and paid $10 for is Crisis Core then.

O wait, it's the original FF7 that I've been playing. And it's downloadable for the PS3 as well. Check the Playstation Store more often, it's under "Playstation Classics"

http://kotaku.com/5276039/final-fantasy-vii-on-playstation-store-today

Gaderael

Apr 14, 2009
Hmmm. Interesting. The VII would indicate that they're talking about August 7th, but they already 0807 in the URL. Bit redundant. I guess we'll know if it'll change tomorrow, dashing the hopes and dreams of millions of nerdlings like myself who want a remake of FFVII.

Crabturtleking

Jun 2, 2009
iblis666 said:
Crabturtleking said:
iblis666 said:
Titanguy654 said:
*Resists urge to yell "Final Fantasy 7 remake"*

Nah, I'll just get disappointed.
damn it now you have me thinking it

wtb ff7 remake on the xbox 360
What does wtb mean? Regardless, I'd purchase a 360 version of FF7. That would be a lot easier than getting a PS3 or finding a original copy of it.
sorry its a mmo game abbreviation for "want to buy" you find it a lot on games like wow

as for the game its self ive got the original but id love to have it for the 360 for a few reasons such as i dont have a ps3 and the fact that id love to see what they would do with the tech they have now
That would explain why I didn't understand the abbreviation, I don't play MMOs. Still, you've got to wonder how the cast would look with a decent graphical update, as opposed to the original lego peoples

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
The stuff in the background reminds me more of Chrono Trigger than FF.

not a zaar

Dec 16, 2008
Ollie596 said:
Hmmm now 6 days and another countdown.....yay.
It's not another countdown, its the same one. It will end on August 7, that's why the URL ends in 0807.

fletch_talon

Nov 6, 2008
asinann said:
Chilliman said:
asinann said:

Wow, I guess the Final Fantasy 7 full game download that has Cloud and Barret that I've been playing on my PSP am currently in Kalm on. looks like ass and paid $10 for is Crisis Core then.

O wait, it's the original FF7 that I've been playing. And it's downloadable for the PS3 as well. Check the Playstation Store more often, it's under "Playstation Classics"

http://kotaku.com/5276039/final-fantasy-vii-on-playstation-store-today
That would be a re-release, not a remake then. And whilst I'm aware you stated it as a re-release, I think this discussion is regarding a remake. A re-release isn't really worth getting excited about, since the true fans would probably just have kept the original game.

sune-ku

Cynical optimist
Mar 25, 2009
fletch_talon said:
That would be a re-release, not a remake then. And whilst I'm aware you stated it as a re-release, I think this discussion is regarding a remake. A re-release isn't really worth getting excited about, since the true fans would probably just have kept the original game.
I think you missed the point of asinann's post, they re-released the original recently, which may have been to see how interested people still are in FFVII and therefore how many people would be likely to buy a re-make

fletch_talon

Nov 6, 2008
sune-ku said:
fletch_talon said:
I think you missed the point of asinann's post, they re-released the original recently, which may have been to see how interested people still are in FFVII and therefore how many people would be likely to buy a re-make
Fair enough point, but they're rather stupid if they're gonna base it on that. As I already said, the fans of the game probably already own the original, and potential new players would likely be deterred by the dated graphics. Also I've heard its possible to emulate playstation games on PSP, so people who don't like the idea of paying for an old game could download it for free.

MCDERF

Jul 14, 2009
superspartan004 said:
Titanguy654 said:
*Resists urge to yell "Final Fantasy 7 remake"*

Nah, I'll just get disappointed.
lol that's what I thought too when I saw the giant roman numeral "VII" but when you think about it, with the art style in the background, there's no way it could be it
It kinda looks like the Shinra Tower

Symp4thy

Jan 7, 2009
The Rockerfly said:
Oh please an RPG for the xbox that is as good as final fantasy
sweet jesus I want a good rpg
*sniff*
I'm with you. I would even be happy with some sort of Final Fantasy collection for the 360, especially if it included Tactics.

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
asinann said:

I'm going to pretend you just wanted to tell us that a FF7 remake would be pointless, because there was a re-release a while ago.

But it probably isn't, the artwork doesn't look like it at all. It's not what they probably will do, but more what I'd like them to do is a Final Fantasy game for the Nintendo DS, only with real-time action gameplay.

Like, maybe...Agito XIII for DS? Please?

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
Symp4thy said:
The Rockerfly said:
Oh please an RPG for the xbox that is as good as final fantasy
sweet jesus I want a good rpg
*sniff*
I'm with you. I would even be happy with some sort of Final Fantasy collection for the 360, especially if it included Tactics.
Oh tatics would be great, any sort of game along final fantasy or tatics would be great