New Star Wars "Dungeon Crawler" Announced

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
Never play any game that has an energy/time game/"wait or pay" mechanic.

These mechanics are psychological coercion to pay and should be boycotted.

Kahani

May 25, 2011
StewShearer said:
mobile-based... free-to-play... purchasable with real world cash... sick of grinding
a game with potential
I honestly can't think of a way to describe a game with less potential.

Also, since when did "dungeon crawler" and "large-scale battles" fit together in the same sentence? Or "large-scale" and "mobile" for that matter?

Spaceman Spiff

Sep 23, 2013
StewShearer said:
New Star Wars "Dungeon Crawler" Announced
That could be neat. Now I'll just read on for details...

Kabam Studios will be releasing its free-to-play RPG Star Wars: Uprising to mobile platforms this fall.
Well, nothing more to see here.

Jburton9

Aug 21, 2012
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
Saw the title and thought it was going to be a Diablo/Torchlight-esque game set in the Star Wars universe and got really excited.

Read the title and read "free to play mobile game" and died a little inside.
Exactly how I felt, I was like oh cool a Diablo style rpg in the Star Wars universe? Oh this sounds good and then... well even a NoOoOoooOoo does not cover it properly.

Gennadios

Aug 19, 2009
Kabam isn't the worst mobile developer out there.

Hearthstone is on mobile platforms and you don't have to wait for your energy to recharge to play a match.

Meh.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
Add me to the "got excited, read the details, got all sad" crowd. It's a pity this is almost assuredly going to be a flop because there was some seriously good potential here.

I think there's good money to be made in a Sci-Fi dungeon crawler. I mean - and this is a legit question - how many other Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawlers are there? All I can think of is Darkspore and Spiral Knights, and that's being fairly loose with the definition of "Sci-Fi"