New Star Wars Toy Lets You Use The Force For Real

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
awesome. besides it being in that tube. if it was a ball that you could control at will outside the tube, id be the greatest toy ever.

TriggerUnhappy

Mar 4, 2009
This is really sad, but I can't wait to see the youtube videos of people squinting their face, trying to "Use the Force".

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
That's pretty cool how it registers your brainwaves like that - the closest I think anyone can get to feeling like they actually are in touch with the Force. Still would be a waste of $120, though... that's, like, 2 new games.

Ashbax

Jan 7, 2009
I think the question here is, seeing as everyone who buys this will likely be a 12 year old little shit, will they actually have the brainpower to get the thing working?

K_Dub

Oct 19, 2008
No matter how ridiculous this may seem, you gotta admit that it's pretty cool. Personally, my only question is why we don't see these kinds of anouncements on television. You know, bring a little stupid joy to this sad, dreary world.

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
Great. Now all they have to do is invent a controler like that for video games and people can play games with their minds.

traceur_

Feb 19, 2009
Well that's stupid, I'll be sure to spend my money on something that will captivate me for more than thirty seconds.

Capo Taco

Nov 25, 2006
It would be fun to casually wear this while doing mundane or not so mundane tasks like watching movies, playing games and dancing and see how much you concentrate on things.

Bludycomicsinc

Aug 22, 2009
I doubt this think actually reads brain waves. It probably moves up and down depending on something like how hard your breathing into the headset.

Blackmagic1515

Jul 6, 2009
While it sounds cool, it would get very boring very quickly. I'll spend my money on something that'll entertain me for longer.

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
THAT IS AWESOME. Sure, it doesn't GIVE you telekinesis but who cares when you can move remotes with the power of your MIND.

God, I wish I had an extra $120 lying around....I don't really need this left kidney, do I...?

ahappycamper

Jul 13, 2009
They should totally incorporate this technology into a game. Imagine your playing a game like inFAMOUS and an extra power where you burst electricity like a wave if you concentrate really hard.
Probably end up as more shovelware on the wii though....

EDIT: would be a lot better if you could power the device with your mind rather than just turning on or off the fan. These technologies (like the tech that lets a person control a mouse with their mind) actually prove we could replicate telekinesis in the future - or at some of the rubbish powers from x-men

pneuma08

Gaming Connoisseur
Sep 10, 2008
wasalp said:
I think that the brainwave detecting device could be applied to games, would bring an interesting new dimension to gameplay.

would be way better then a wii mote...
Yeah, great. Now we think really hard to make Mario spin instead of waggle the wii mote. The harder you think, the faster he spins.

I would consider buying this toy as a way of funding the costs of developing the technology (if I had the money to spare, which isn't going to happen). As a toy, I'd just get bored of it way too quickly.

Honestly, it seems more like what you would see in a science museum. Interesting and cool, but not worth having about 24/7.

EscChaos

Feb 14, 2008
Ah... I remember a similar device from when I visited our Museum of Technology, god knows how many years back, as a kid. Only then you where supposed to be two players fighting eachother over who, using the awesome power of the human mind, could push a metal ball to the opponents end of the table (using some arbitrary magnet-system).
I don't know whether you were supposed to focus really hard or relax; all I know is that I won! (almost... those things were rigged from the beginning.)

LewsTherin

Jun 22, 2008
It bears the taint of the Warp. I advise caution, lest you all fall prey to heresy and daemons.