New Study Finds That Hot Dogs ARE PEOPLE! THEY'RE PEOPLE!!

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
Karadalis said:
Lightknight said:
koroem said:
Click bait. Sigh, don't turn into vg247. There aren't many sites left out there that can actually report news without derpy headlines like this.
Human meat being in our food is legit news. There are even plays and books written about the concept. This study found 7 brands of hotdogs have human in them and 66% of vegidogs tested also had human in them.

That's pretty big considered how common hotdogs are.
You must be intentionally ignoring everything else that was said. Cant explain how else you could get it so bloody wrong.

No there was no human meat in any of these products. Unless you count stuff like hairs and skin cells as human meat

Chances are some factory grunt didnt really took the hygiene rules that seriously. Wich still is a nono... but it doesnt mean there was human meat in any of these products.
We "hope" it was just a hygiene issue. They don't know if it was meat or not.

But pigs were a popular way to dispose of wayward souls back in the day. Maybe there are still some mob-owned pork suppliers...

But come on, it's a few days till Halloween. Run with the "it could be human meat" angle a little longer.
Dach said:
Lightknight said:
Human meat being in our food is legit news. [...] This study found 7 brands of hotdogs have human in them and 66% of vegidogs tested also had human in them.
They had "human DNA". Hair, dander, etc could easily be the culprit, as could sample contamination. Even if this is the case, that isn't good since human diseases can be more easily transmitted this way. But that depend quite heavily on how much is present. This doesn't even get into the chance of false positives.
If you're diagnosing in a way to distinguish between animals then you aren't going to false positive your way into the wrong species.

MonsterCrit

Feb 17, 2015
HUman dna contaminating foods that are handled by people at some point in processing. Well hush my mouth. Keep in mind as a human you are going to be constantly shaddng dead skincells and dander. , Not to mantion the occasional sod who had his thumb at the wrong place and time.

Honestly. It's food. Most people would probably upchuck if they actually witness a pig being slaughtered and butchered . Me.. I knew where meat came from. ANd as a avid watchr of the discovery channel.. I know that the death we give this animals is significantly morehumane than anything else in nature. Liones start eating and crunching prey while it's still struggling and being suffocated... wolves disembowel the pay whi;e it's still running...

We us a bullet, a sledge/pneumatic hammer, axe or high voltage. YEah till dying but if you had to take your pick. I know I'd take the axe to the base of the neck any day.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Mr.Mattress said:
I thought Humans and pigs had very similar DNA structure, which is why they're one of the Animals Geneticists love playing with? This "2% of Human DNA in Hotdogs" might be a simple misunderstanding by the test or something.

How it's in the Vegan Hotdogs, though, I don't know. Either way, it's a good thing I don't like Hot Dogs.
Yes, this is true. It's not a big deal. There are even theories that we associate with pigs very closely on a subconscious level, which is why they both attract and disgust us.

That said, pork is supposed to taste a lot like human meat, so if you ever wanted to know what people taste like without actually becoming a cannibal...

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Eh, questionable. I would wonder how they can get a clear good DNA sample from something as highly processed as a hotdog. But, I'll not stop eating them. People or not. Not that often eat hot dogs, I barely do except for a few times per year. But I do thoroughly enjoy them those few times.

Also, the error rate for DNA labs is actually quite large at 1 in 20 reports contain errors.

47_Ronin

Jul 30, 2012
Fox12 said:
which is why they both attract and disgust us.
Come on! Who would be disgusted by a pig? Have you seen those buggers? Cute as buttons.
Usually I get away with saying that I am a vegetarian whenever there are stories about contaminated food... At least I keep the processed stuff at a minimum and still: I don't eat all those extra yummi antibiotics.

K.ur

Jul 31, 2013
A finger here, a finger there, someone not paying the mob. Eh, life is hard, don't sweat the small stuff. The air you breath has probably 1% of human in it, just by skin flakes, hair and maybe sweat vapor. Ok if that has traces, then even the moisture of your breath has traces of your DNA.

HavoK 09

Apr 1, 2010
Queen Michael said:
So that's how the pork-free hot dogs got that flavour...
Long pig is pretty tasty.

But yeah it's quite probably a case of contamination by skin flakes or hair.There is a reason why there's a slim margin on contamination like this, you can't stop it from happening.

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
Man Flesh goes great with some sauteed onions, stuffed in a bun and topped with cheese, ketchup and mustard.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
I stopped eating all processed meat about 10 years ago and I barely ever eat red meat. Hot dogs were the first to go after I watched a video of them being made. It would turn lesser men into vegans. I still eat a shitload of white meat though. Especially chicken. I could probably lay an egg.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Honestly im wondering if i should report that article to a moderator for being the worst alarmist clickbait ive ever seen on this news feed.

Hell, not even Gawker is running this as a story. Though its probably a matter of time.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
47_Ronin said:
Fox12 said:
which is why they both attract and disgust us.
Come on! Who would be disgusted by a pig? Have you seen those buggers? Cute as buttons.
Usually I get away with saying that I am a vegetarian whenever there are stories about contaminated food... At least I keep the processed stuff at a minimum and still: I don't eat all those extra yummi antibiotics.
That's what I said before I read The Grapes of Wrath O_O

But yeah, I don't really eat meat either, so I'm not personally affected. Even if I did, though, I don't think I'd let it bother me much.

thewatergamer

Aug 4, 2012
Man dat Clickbait...I mean seriously talk about a misleading title, as many have already said, the "Human DNA" that clear found (which I find their figures rather suspect) is probably just some dead skins cells that sluffed off some worker and got mixed in with the meat...

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
JaredJones said:
Clear Food found as much as 2% of human DNA in some samples.
It's 2% of them contain human DNA, not 2% of some hot dogs were human .

"Hygienic issues: Clear Food found human DNA in 2% of the samples, and in 2/3rds of the vegetarian samples."

you might wana fix that.

and yea this part is not that weird, I kinda expected it to be higher, people tend to cut themselves in slaughter houses, and humans shed skin like crazy.
One minor cut in a clump of meat that is likely to make it into 100 or so hot dogs.

As for the vegetarian, people shit/pee in fields when they work and the cuts and cuts happen during processing.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Michael Tabbut said:
I don't care if it's has human in it, i'm still gonna eat the stuff.
Ninja'd hard as fuck. Tell me when it's fully made of humans and maybe I'll blink before I still scarf them down.

Kajin

This Title Will Be Gone Soon
Apr 13, 2008
LegendaryGamer0 said:
Michael Tabbut said:
Ninja'd hard as fuck. Tell me when it's fully made of humans and maybe I'll blink before I still scarf them down.
What, no cut off point before that? Not the least little bit concerned once the numbers start creeping up to twenty or thirty percent per hot dog? Full human is where you cut it off? What if it was 98% human and 2% insect parts? Eat it then?

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Kajin said:
LegendaryGamer0 said:
Michael Tabbut said:
What, no cut off point before that? Not the least little bit concerned once the numbers start creeping up to twenty or thirty percent per hot dog? Full human is where you cut it off? What if it was 98% human and 2% insect parts? Eat it then?
At least it'd be meat and not some nondescript filler!

FirstNameLastName

Premium Fraud
Nov 6, 2014
I have to laugh at people who'll happily shovel unhealthy foods down their gob, such as, well, hotdogs, but the fact that 2% of them contain some indeterminate amount of human DNA is somehow shocking. Oh no, I've unintentionally consumed negligible amounts of human DNA, and under the broadest possible definition I'm now a cannibal, time to go feel bad about myself and the imagined crimes I've committed. It's not like you murdered anyone for those trace amounts of DNA, and it's not like it's a health hazard, so what's the problem?
Aeshi said:
For the first time in my life, I find myself wishing this had just been clickbait.
Wish no more, because it is blatant click-bait.
Adam Jensen said:
I stopped eating all processed meat about 10 years ago and I barely ever eat red meat. Hot dogs were the first to go after I watched a video of them being made. It would turn lesser men into vegans. I still eat a shitload of white meat though. Especially chicken. I could probably lay an egg.
For budget reasons, pretty much the only meat I eat at the moment is canned fish. It seems strange that I could probably go full vegetarian with little work. Although, I still rely on it for major meals.

Also, this might disgust some people, but does anyone else here think the way we view cannibalism is rather stupid? I'm not talking about murder, of course, obviously that's bad, but the act of cannibalism itself. Hypothetically, if someone, say, donated their flesh to be cooked and served at some restaurant, what exactly would be immoral about eating it? I'm aware that certain diseases, such as Prion disease and Kuru, are associated with large scale consumption, but that's really a health issue, not a moral one. Honestly, if it were reasonable priced, I'd be willing to try it once just for the novelty and audacity of it. In my opinion, from a moral stand point this would actually be better, since you're consuming flesh that was consensually given and didn't require any suffering to produce.
Eh, either way, surely people can agree that the fact people will freak out over this hotdog situation is a sign that rational thought hasn't prevailed.