New Syndicate Trailer Highlights "Tools of the Trade"

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
New Syndicate Trailer Highlights "Tools of the Trade"

A new Syndicate "deep dive" video takes a look at the many tools of the trade available to agents.

"Tools of the trade," of course, is just a slightly less belligerent way of saying "guns," which figure prominently in the upcoming shooter Syndicate. And there are a lot of them: 19 weapons, 87 attachments and 25 upgrades in all, which means that your options for dealing death will be many and varied. But maybe not that varied; the first three weapons on display are the age-old machine gun/shotgun/pistol combo. There's also a sniper rifle, banned in all territories, a chain-gun and a funky rocket launcher, the presence of which will surprise absolutely no one.

But there are glimpses of potentially more interesting hardware as well, like the "electron mace" and the "swarm launcher." And what's the big proton pack-looking thing the bald guy is waving around? Looks like you could have some fun with that thing in a crowded room.

Syndicate [http://www.amazon.com/Syndicate-Playstation-3/dp/B0050SX2MK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322773270&sr=8-1] comes out on February 21, 2012, for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
First things first; that chick at the very end of the video is a total rip-off of the second boss of Deus Ex Human Revolution.

Second, the HUD looks deliciously minimalistic and the action looks pretty brutal. Now I just wonder whether they'll keep the atmosphere of the old games, despite never playing them myself, I could still see that they had their own special feel. I hope that, even though they changed the gameplay, they'll at least keep that.

Beat14

Jun 27, 2010
I wish this was slitscreen :(

Looks like it will be good fun coop, I have never played the old ones, so it doesn't have anything to live up to in my mind.

scarab7

Jun 20, 2009
So fancy guys to kills swarms of not so fancy goons? Still not liking it.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
eh nothing really speaks to me. We have a shooter glut on the market right now. Give me something different please.

Saucycarpdog

Sep 30, 2009
I don't know about this. It looked like he was just slaughtering all the enemies without effort. Showing the player dominating enemies like Call of Duty doesn't make me want to buy your game.

Dues ex HR on the other hand had awesome strategy to it.