New Tabletop Company Gorgon Breath Games Offers Custom Content

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
New Tabletop Company Gorgon Breath Games Offers Custom Content

Three former Escapist staffers are offering you a chance to flesh out your tabletop with their creations.

If you've been a reader of The Escapist for a while, you probably remember the names Jon Bolding, Marshall Lemon, and Stew Shearer. All three of them have a fairly large amount of work available on the site, and they've teamed up to form a new group dedicated to create new content for tabletop games.

Gorgon Breath Games is the creation of these Escapist alumni. Over on its official website [https://gorgonbreath.com/], the group is creating free, downloadable RPG content that is OGL-compatible. The group is also planning to offer premium content, including full-length adventures, with the first one planned for release later this month.

Currently, all the content Gorgon Breath has created is either free to grab from their website, or available as a "Pay What You Want" product on Drive Thru RPG [http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/10687/Gorgon-Breath-Games]. But that's going to change soon, as the company plans to add premium content to their free offerings. If you're interested, you can make sure you get all their content for one low price.

Right now on the Gorgon Breath Games Patreon page, you can back the new company for as little as one dollar a month, and you'll receive all of their future premium content. You can check out all the stuff they've already made available to see if it fits your campaign.

If you want to find out more, you can visit the Patreon page [https://gorgonbreath.com/].

[gallery=6630]

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Makes me wish I was still DM my Deathwatch d100 team. Would love to have Lady Bone Hands as a terminally ill Inquisitor who needs to get to the extraction point and put into stasis before she dies. And also there are genestealers.

Jan 12, 2012
Silentpony said:
Makes me wish I was still DM my Deathwatch d100 team. Would love to have Lady Bone Hands as a terminally ill Inquisitor who needs to get to the extraction point and put into stasis before she dies. And also there are genestealers.
I'm pretty sure the only cure for that sort of illness is promethium.

Gorgon Breath looks interesting, though I'm not in love with the website design. Still, if the content is good I don't care if there's dancing baby gifs in the sidebar. I wonder if they're going to team up with Macris and Autarch games at some point.

Hawk eye1466

May 31, 2010
I've never played dnd before but always sort of wanted, and after reading some of the ideas they have, I'm considering looking for a group just to see how it is.

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Thunderous Cacophony said:
Silentpony said:
I'm pretty sure the only cure for that sort of illness is promethium.

Gorgon Breath looks interesting, though I'm not in love with the website design. Still, if the content is good I don't care if there's dancing baby gifs in the sidebar. I wonder if they're going to team up with Macris and Autarch games at some point.
None of us are professional web designers (yet....) but we're hoping to please you on the content front! We have lots of plans in the works, but the more we get from backers the better we can do.

Jan 12, 2012
Fanghawk said:
Are there plans to go beyond the fantasy OGL? For example, might a Weekly Beastie be a spaceship for a sci-fi OGL game, or even more specific (ex. an adventure for Shadowrun)?

P.S. I'm definitely sending my players to Skeleton Cove.

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Thunderous Cacophony said:
We'd like to! Our plan is to make content we find unique, exciting, and fun, but we're not bound to a particular system or genre. Fantasy OGL is just a great toolbox to start with. Playing D&D is also a common link for all three of us, so it's a good baseline.

One goal we're looking at is converting Beasties/adventures to other systems - probably Dungeon World and Old-School OGL to start. We have ideas for other systems and genres to play with, but the scope will partly depend on how Patreon goes.

Good luck with Skeleton Cove! Please shoot me a message telling me how it went - I'd love to hear how players received it.