New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Trailer Revealed

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Trailer Revealed

And is Shredder not who we thought he was?

Overnight, the new Michael Bay produced, Johnathan Liebesman directed Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie held a Twitter-based social media vote to decide the popularity of the four leads leading up to a reveal of the new trailer for the film. The voting has now ended (Donatello lost) and the trailer has been released.

Along with revealing new footage and better looks at the Turtles and their new, more personalized gear and weaponry, the trailer offers our first listen to everyone's full voices and the debut of Will Arnett and Whoopi Goldberg as April O'Neil's cameraman and editor. The new partially-mechanized Shredder is seen in motion as well, and a scene of dialogue, seemingly spliced together from two different scenes, of William Fichtner's Eric Sachs appearing to talk to a shadowy figure about "upgrades to your armor" suggest that earlier reports about Sachs actually being Shredder himself (which caused controversy, as Shredder was originally Japanese) may have been mistaken or changed.

Due out in late August, TMNT is not connected in continuity to either the original films or the currently-airing Nickelodeon animated series.

Source: TurtleReveal.com [http://www.turtlereveal.com/]

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
I recognise that song!
But yeah holy shit this looks so awful, wow. I don't even like TMNT but I can tell this is going to be terrible.

Now the only question is if it'll be awful enough to make Bay stop making movies... but I doubt that.

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
So the white guy ISN'T Shredder?
That's a step up.

However, the trailer is confirming a lot of the leaked spoilers that came out recently... and if the rest of those hold true, this movie is going to seriously ruffle some TMNT fans' feathers.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Is that Two Steps From Hell music? It sounds really familiar. Distractingly so.

Still think this movie looks like it could be fun when mildly intoxicated.

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
I read " Whoopi Goldberg as April", and thought for a second.

You know, that's a gutsy last minute recast. But I approve of it.

TiberiusEsuriens

Jun 24, 2010
Baresark said:
This is gonna be a very unpopular opinion but, I'm not mad at this movie.
I'm actually with you there. Aside from "the nose problem" it seems just like every other turtles media, the biggest difference simply being that the turtle's 'costumes' were designed so that the viewer can immediately distinguish personalities. I understand the generic Michael Bay hate (a lot of his movies are somehow explosion-filled-yet-bland), but I feel like a lot of it is nostalgia goggles.

Only time will tell, though. At the end of the day if it sucks we all get to laugh at Michael Bay more, if it somehow doesn't then we get a decentish action movie.

vid87

May 17, 2010
...okay, fun brotherly banter, Shredder looks menacing enough, not wild about the grime-colored techno gear or weird teeth and lips effect with the screaming, but I'm actually not hating thi--

*another giant antennae collapses*

OH COME ON!!!

Demagogue

Sperm Alien
Mar 26, 2009
I... I just got devu'd back to the Transformer trailers... not surprising at all, but not a motivation for me to go watch the movie.

Renegade-pizza

Jul 26, 2010
Zhukov said:
Is that Two Steps From Hell music? It sounds really familiar. Distractingly so.

Still think this movie looks like it could be fun when mildly intoxicated.
Dubstep...I will pray yo Robot Lazer Goat to smite Michael Bay for this atrocity...and you know, crapping over our childhoods.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
I'm on the fence as I'm not a diehard turtles fan. But this doesn't look offensively bad, really. I can't say for sure if it's something that I WANT to go out and see, but, at this point, not opposed to seeing it. Could be fun.

Burchy22

Oct 1, 2012
The turtles themselves are coming off pretty good, I like the banter they have.
Worst parts of the trailer is Megan Fox, by far. That "They're ninjas" line at the end was cringe worthy.

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
hazabaza1 said:
I recognise that song!
But yeah holy shit this looks so awful, wow. I don't even like TMNT but I can tell this is going to be terrible.

Now the only question is if it'll be awful enough to make Bay stop making movies... but I doubt that.
Actually, the music is from the Mortal Kombat 9 soundtrack. It's Reptile's theme done by Skrillex. Pretty cool track IMO.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Okay, guys. This is the trailer you should have led with. Seriously, I still don't like the Turtle designs, but everything else looks decent. Good, even.

....Why do I feel the need to shower?

And is Shredder not who we thought he was?
Maybe there is a God after all.

unacomn said:
I read " Whoopi Goldberg as April", and thought for a second.

You know, that's a gutsy last minute recast. But I approve of it.
The outrage would be immense. It would definitely beat Fox.

Although, now I'm picturing it because we just found out that Shredder's not white and neither is April. That woul;d have been hilarious/.

Burchy22 said:
The turtles themselves are coming off pretty good, I like the banter they have.
Worst parts of the trailer is Megan Fox, by far. That "They're ninjas" line at the end was cringe worthy.
It is, unfortunately, Megan Fox. You'd be more likely to get subtle Shakespeare from Shatner than a solid performance from her.

youji itami

Jun 1, 2014
Oh thank god the over abundance of knives on Shredders arms are retractable projectiles. Actually thought they were going for more knives = menacing rather than the actual ugly.

The sarcastic "oh look he's doing his batman voice" in regards to Raphael, yeah I like.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Mr. Q said:
hazabaza1 said:
I recognise that song!

Actually, the music is from the Mortal Kombat 9 soundtrack. It's Reptile's theme done by Skrillex. Pretty cool track IMO.

Hate to be the one to point it out, but the song in the video I posted is the same one as in your video, if we replace "reptile" with "look at it go".