New The Walking Dead Game Features More Shooting, Less Talking

G00N3R7883

Feb 16, 2011
I think the reason why I'm a fan of the TV show and the Telltale adventure game is because its not just about shooting a bunch of zombies. Its about the Human drama, the emotional impact of surviving in such a harsh world, and the logistics behind making sure you've got enough of the basic supplies we all take for granted in real life.

That said, the Payday series is really fun too. I don't play it a lot now but that's mostly because of the community. Seems like every time I try to play I get stuck on a team where the host wants to go full stealth or just generally acts all elitist and ragequits the first time something goes wrong. But if you happen to find some nice players, the game itself is great.

So I guess I'll add this to my wishlist and keep an eye on it.

BoogieManFL

Apr 14, 2008
Weird, I heard Payday 2 sucked and was very buggy right out of the gate.

Anyway, I pretty much disregard all trailers and ads that don't show actual gameplay footage. Show more confidence in your project instead of hiding what we'll be actually looking at 99.9% of the time.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
BoogieManFL said:
Weird, I heard Payday 2 sucked and was very buggy right out of the gate.
You heard wrong - unless you listened to those guys who only play CoD or BF.

BoogieManFL said:
Anyway, I pretty much disregard all trailers and ads that don't show actual gameplay footage. Show more confidence in your project instead of hiding what we'll be actually looking at 99.9% of the time.
It's an announcement-trailer, nothing more. They only say "guys, that thing is coming then and then". And with TWO years of upcoming developement, there is nothing to show, anyway.

FogHornG36

Jan 29, 2011
If i take what pay day is, 4 player, coop first person shooter, fast moving, light on story, heavy gun play, add zombies....

THIS IS JUST LEFT FOR DEAD?!

Mike Fang

Mar 20, 2008
Having played both games, I can definitely say Payday 2 is -not- Left 4 Dead with bank robberies. The maps in PD2 are, admittedly, smaller, but the tasks you have to do are more complicated, there's a distinct stealth element to a number of the missions (even if stealth can be incredibly hard at times) and the selection of weapons is massively bigger. L4D has larger maps, simpler goals and strategies, and no RPG skill elements. This isn't to say they don't share a number of elements, but I think they're different enough to be two distinct types of co-op game.

I admit I haven't watched The Walking Dead yet, but I hear pretty good reviews of it. Overall I'd say if they wanted to make a co-op game set in the franchise, they picked a good stuido to create it.

deathzero021

Feb 3, 2012
Heh, I like how half of the comments here are saying "shooting zombies isn't what Walking Dead is about, this game will suck" as if to claim they know anything about what this game will be like. Whose to say this is just going to be another non-stop zombie shootfest?

Even if it does turn out to focus on killing lots of zombies with minimal or no story, with the game play i've seen from Pay Day 2, I think it could still be a great game, even if it's not exactly what we would want from a Walking Dead game. However, I feel there's a possibility that if Kirkman is involved in the creative process, there may be a chance that the game actually does cover the bases of The Walking Dead's style. Only time will tell though.

Right now, I can say - somehow, I'm already more impressed than I was when they announced Activision's The Walking Dead game. So I'm going to remain optimistic about this for now...

truckspond

Oct 26, 2013
Nothing in this trailer was done by accident. The little girl calling out to be let in but being refused entry is obviously stating that this game will not be like the Telltale game series. Only time will tell if it is for the better or for the worse.

Either way I won't be preordering until I see gameplay