New Tony Hawk Game Listed at $120

MrGFunk

Oct 29, 2008
I imagine this would just make seasoned boarders good at Tony Hawk games and everyone else hate hate hate it.

Oh, great how do you do a 540 kick flip pop shove it into manual? - You don't.

If i'm wrong, i'll be wrong without a copy of Tony Hawk Ride and won't care.

Julius M

Apr 16, 2009
Mewick_Alex said:
all the tramps said:
you may aswell by a new skate board and learn how to do it for real :L
This. I like how they say it offers gamers a "true skateboarding experience"..... except that, well, you're not actually experiencing it.
Yeah, you might as well stop playing shooters and start shooting random people in the face for real. Or actually learn to play the guitar or drums and start a band. Why would people spend money on stuff like this when they could be breaking their bones and spend huge amounts of time trying to become skateboarders?

Oh wait, I thought you guys were seriously implying that skateboarding is easy to learn.

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
so they've taken the OTT style of the TH games, & given it a Wii-Fit board for you to gently rock & sway on? Dont see the appeal

Mewick_Alex

May 25, 2009
Julius M said:
Mewick_Alex said:
all the tramps said:
This. I like how they say it offers gamers a "true skateboarding experience"..... except that, well, you're not actually experiencing it.
Yeah, you might as well stop playing shooters and start shooting random people in the face for real. Or actually learn to play the guitar or drums and start a band. Why would people spend money on stuff like this when they could be breaking their bones and spend huge amounts of time trying to become skateboarders?

Oh wait, I thought you guys were seriously implying that skateboarding is easy to learn.
Ok fair point, I just think that there's a massive difference between, say, flogging customers overpriced plastic guitars (which I think you'd have to be damn foolish to think is anything like playing an actual guitar) and flogging customers overpriced plastic skateboards and claiming that it's an accurate depiction of doing it for real.

Socken

Jan 29, 2009
Well, this looks like shit to me.

I got a real board so what do I need this for? Granted I paid more for the board than I would for this, but I bet my ass the real thing will still be a hell of a lot more fun.

Julius M

Apr 16, 2009
Mewick_Alex said:
Julius M said:
Mewick_Alex said:
all the tramps said:

Ok fair point, I just think that there's a massive difference between, say, flogging customers overpriced plastic guitars (which I think you'd have to be damn foolish to think is anything like playing an actual guitar) and flogging customers overpriced plastic skateboards and claiming that it's an accurate depiction of doing it for real.
Well yeah, but that's just sellers talk. You can't say "this is a pretty fun game with control which is kinda like a skateboard". They marketed Guitar Hero with "EXPERIENCE HOW IT'S LIKE TO BE IN A BAND AND PLAY FOR THOUSANDS!!!1" instead of "Make a complete fool of yourself by playing with plastic guitars, but hey it's fun!"

It's not that they expect you to believe them, it's that they hope you will think of it in a more positive way. The more they talk about how awesome it is, the more likely we will pay attention. Any seller knows that people expect of them to overstate things, so they overstate them tremendously to at least achieve a little positive effect.

I wonder how tough the controller will be by the way. Skateboarding is not that delicate so it must be built to resist a heavy foot and turn. I get the feeling from these videos that harsh movements will break the thing in two.

Izerous

Dec 15, 2008
The price is about what I expected it to be released at maybe even a bit cheaper.

Game = $50
wiiMote = $40
nunchuck = $20
total = $110

EDIT: The $120 price tag comes with the board

They are $10 off what a new game and a full controller would cost. That price is about right.

This is a bigger step forward than VR technology has made in recent years at least at a consumer level at getting the consumer immersed into the product. Games like Rock Bank / Guitar Hero are just re-molded controllers to the point were you can even still play with regular controllers and don't even need the guitar etc.

At least this is different and something new.

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
I'd rather have a Skatetopia simulator, with a plastic molded beer bottle with a couple buttons on it and the game is just walking around a dirt field, taking drugs, flirting with half-naked girls and watching other people skateboard on big beautiful ramps. God what a great event.

I'm sorry, but I just can't see justifying $120 for a piece of hardware that looks like a $10 slab of roofing tile. Whether it has good motion sensing or not.

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
I read the title thinking "Whats the big deal? Every PS3 and 360 games costs that."
But you meant $120USD.

FallToYourDeath

Feb 26, 2009
Someone WILL die playing this game. I garantee it. They will fall and impale themself on something or smash their head on a table. Or fall into a Fire.

The Bandit

Feb 5, 2008
I'm surprised this is getting so much hate. It sounds pretty cool to me, and a positive step in video game evolution.