New Trailer Reminds us that Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Exists

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
New Trailer Reminds us that Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Exists

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1324/1324950.jpgThere's a new trailer for Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands, as well as four different editions of game available for pre-order.

Last year at E3, Ubisoft showed off a new entry in the Ghost Recon series titled Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands. After the hype from the show had died down, little was heard of the game until today, when a new trailer popped up alongside pre-order details.

The new trailer (embedded below) shows off the open-world locales of Wildlands, which drops you into Bolivia and tasks you with crippling the Santa Blanca cartel. The press release states that players will have "total freedom of choice to accomplish their missions how they want and watch as the world reacts to their actions."

The press release also lays out the different editions of the game that are now available for pre-order. In addition to the standard $59.99 edition, there are two special editions and three (yes, three) Collector's Editions.

Deluxe Edition ($69.99): Adds the Deluxe Pack which includes: the Huntsman rifle and motorbike, three emblems, three weapon camo, three character customization items and a XP booster
Gold Edition ($99.99): Includes the Deluxe Pack and the Season Pass, which adds two major expansions and exclusive digital content like equipment packs, an exclusive vehicle and epic weapons
The three Collector's Editions include the pre-order pack of your choice, as well as a Santa Muerte figurine and collectible posters designed by Ken Taylor. Standard Edition is $119.99, Deluxe is $129.99, and Gold is $159.99

We're sure to see more from Wildlands at E3 next month, so stay tuned if you're interested.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
That's actually a game I'm excited for, though the insecure part of me wishes they didn't use such a hillbilly sounding voiceover, because I'm afraid that might be the actual target audience, and that's not an audience I want to be associated with.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
This is the Clancy game that holds some particular interest, not the division. Though the trailer itself isn't particularly inspiring, i have been quite hopeful for this title for the next stealth fix.

Dem editions though...are these things now a constant in AAA gaming that we just have to grin and bear? It's a wee bit embarrassing.

MCerberus

Jun 26, 2013
Still think Patriots would have been a better choice for a wide-release Tom Clancy game if they had the balls to go through with it.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Wow, for extra $10 you get a rifle and a motorcycle and some emblems and shit. The Witcher 3 expansion that I pre-ordered for $15 is pretty much a whole new game. I can't help but wonder what a "major expansion" even means for a company like Ubisoft.

Darth Rosenberg

Oct 25, 2011
Eh... A drug cartel? Them's the baddies? How--- convenient and conservative. It'd have been fun to go up against the Russians, or summat, given the current political climate.

As for the game: looks moderately yet somehow blandly fun (a sandbox game, y'say?! tell me more!), but the Ghost Recon I loved is probably still MIA. If Wildlands is co-op focused, I'll pass, thanks.

ASnogarD

Jul 2, 2009
Have fun with uDoNotPlay , and bugs which Ubicrap will undoubtedly patch with new bugs, and hey pirates wont be able to play this game... but no one else will either, but who cares... Ubicrap will make a profit and that is all that really matters ain't it ?

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Dango said:
That's actually a game I'm excited for, though the insecure part of me wishes they didn't use such a hillbilly sounding voiceover, because I'm afraid that might be the actual target audience, and that's not an audience I want to be associated with.
You got that feeling too, huh? That, combined with the way they dress, really makes me think of the militia fantasies that a lot of people have. I didn't really get the sense that we're playing the "good" guys in any sense of the word from this trailer. I mean, I know they're black ops and stuff, but Ubisoft made some odd choices that seem to be playing into some very specific audience.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Adam Jensen said:
Wow, for extra $10 you get a rifle and a motorcycle and some emblems and shit. The Witcher 3 expansion that I pre-ordered for $15 is pretty much a whole new game. I can't help but wonder what a "major expansion" even means for a company like Ubisoft.
Probably a new 3 part mission that you'll be done with in just as many hours. :p

OT: Gotta say I'm getting tired of this "Which version do you want?" release format. Didn't Evolve teach us that if you need a frickin' flow chart to track the bonuses and what-not of each version then you're doing it wrong?

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
ASnogarD said:
Have fun with uDoNotPlay
That just about neatly sums up what I was gonna say.
Sure, it might be an interesting game, especially if it were to have co-op... but Uplay means it'd be unplayable, just like the last few games I got from them and regretted.
So, yet another Ubisoft game I won't be getting ever.

Ambitiousmould

Why does it say I'm premium now?
Apr 22, 2012
RJ 17 said:
Adam Jensen said:
Probably a new 3 part mission that you'll be done with in just as many hours. :p
I think a 3 hour expansion from Ubisoft is a bit chuffing optimistic. Remember those extra missions in Farcry 3? There were about 3 that were done in roughly 5 minutes at the most. One of them you literally walked in then ran back out of before it filled with gas. No puzzles, combat, or anything. I think it took less than 2 minutes.

OT: I'm actually quite excited for this game. I really like co-op, and I really like open world (frankly I don't understand all the recent hatred toward open world and sandbox games, and only a year or two ago everyone was chelping on about linear ones), and I actually like some of the recent Ghost Recon games. My main worry is that it's Ubisoft, and I think it's a damning indictment of that company that I don't have to explain why that's a bad thing.

EDIT: Fucking hell I just remembered about uPlay. Shitty shit shit. And there goes all my enthusiasm for this game. You know Ghost Recon: Future Soldier crashes if anyone on your friends list does anything that would cause a notification, even if notifications are turned off? I know this because, having enjoyed it on the Xbox, me and a friend got it in a Humble Bundle to play co-op and we found this out. uPlay is absolutely a deal breaker for me (for reasons other than shit like that, but shit like that's a huge factor) and I bet I'm not the only one.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
As a half Bolivian born and raised in Norway, I'd say they nailed the aesthetic of Bolivia down to every environment. The salt flats, the dried out lakes, the cold mountains and the lush jungles. There's a lot of unappreciated beauty in this country that I'd never expect to see in an AAA title that really makes me want to travel back and experience it all again.

Chaos Isaac

Jun 27, 2013
Honestly, Ghost Recon Future Soldier was a fun as hell game, and if this game includes a lot of area's to run around with the same/similar gameplay, i'm so down to clown.

FogHornG36

Jan 29, 2011
So this is like Phantom pains open world game play with coop, Sounds good, i was thinking how much more fun Phantom pain would be with coop, as much as i enjoy sneaking, i like large military engagements even more.

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
FogHornG36 said:
So this is like Phantom pains open world game play with coop, Sounds good, i was thinking how much more fun Phantom pain would be with coop, as much as i enjoy sneaking, i like large military engagements even more.
i hope its not as static a world as that game

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Chaos Isaac said:
Honestly, Ghost Recon Future Soldier was a fun as hell game, and if this game includes a lot of area's to run around with the same/similar gameplay, i'm so down to clown.
Yeah, the biggest problem with Future Soldier was how linear it was. The cloaking stuff wasnt necessary either but the rest was good, especially the gunplay and movement (althought a bit too fast for my taste)

I hope that this game puts a lot more focus in gear then The Division, perfectly it would be something like 7.62 High Caliber where you choose a shitload of stuff that influence gameplay.

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
I'd be interested except 1)It's Ubisoft and 2)All those special and collectors editions are a bit over the top and 3) Well... it's Ubisoft