New Trailer Shows Off Street Fighter V's Guile

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
New Trailer Shows Off Street Fighter V's Guile

Guile returns to the fight as Street Fighter V's newest roster addition.

Capcom has released a trailer, showing off Guile, the next confirmed DLC character making his way to the game. Spoiler alert: his hair is excellent.

DLC for Street Fighter V is available via in-game currency, aka Fight Money, a well as for purchase using Zenny, which is available in exchange for real currency. As the Zenny shop is still not available, a post on Capcom's blog [http://www.capcom-unity.com/harrisony/blog/2016/04/18/guile-joins-street-fighter-v-and-april-update-news] confirms that Guile will be available for free later this month, until the Zenny shop launches.

Capcom also announced the game's first DLC stage, the Air Force Base stage, which is available for 70,000FM, but is complimentary to all Season Pass holders. The company also addressed the rage quit issue, saying that it is implementing a system to punish players who "frequently disconnect during matches."

"The way this will work is the system will identify players who have high disconnect rates during matches and will lock them out of matchmaking for a period of time," the post reads. "Players who have been identified as abusing the system will receive an in-game message notifying them they have been locked out of matchmaking. More additions and enhancements to this system will be implemented in the future."

[gallery=6158]

Micah Weil

Mar 16, 2009
...that is the goofiest outfit I've seen on a fighting game character. And yes, this is keeping in mind Platinum the Trinity's magical girl outfit among the cast of BlazBlue, Yoshimitsu's look from Tekken 7, and half of what the Mugen community comes up with.

Still, it's nice to see something different.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Micah Weil said:
...that is the goofiest outfit I've seen on a fighting game character.
Guile: Mall Cop. Or more fitting considering the stage; Guile: TSA Officer.

Also, ew that version of Guile's Theme sounds really lame.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Cowabungaa said:
Also, ew that version of Guile's Theme sounds really lame.
I thought it was ok but it still doesn't beat the classic or SF4 version either!

OT- Man, Guile look ever so classic with his top hair! His clothing didn't bother me as much since it's just an aie officier uniform? Also it was cool seeing his old stage in 3D!

MeatMachine

Dr. Stan Gray
May 31, 2011
Scarim Coral said:
OT- Man, Guile look ever so classic with his top hair! His clothing didn't bother me as much since it's just an aie officier uniform? Also it was cool seeing his old stage in 3D!
Does his outfit look like an Air Force officer's short-sleeve dress blues uniform? Kinda...

Still, as a brigadier general, he's seriously out of AFI 36-2903 regs with those combat boots, short sleeves, exposed tattoo, and mushroom-cloud hairdo.

I don't mean to nitpick or anything; after all, his professional appearance is hardly worth considering when he's out breaking the spines of foreign nationals, conjuring psionic blades, and allowing his subordinates to litter the tarmac with clutter and-
ARE THOSE EXPLOSIVE BARRELS RIGHT NEXT TO THAT FIGHTER JET!?

Guile it literally the worst commander.

Scy Anide

Redacted
Dec 7, 2013
I don't remember Guile being so thick. Maybe my memory is tinted but I remember Guile being less beef than Zangief. I guess everyone is extra bonus beef in SFV though. Google has mixed results, and Jean Claude Van Damme, which I approve of.

MeatMachine

Dr. Stan Gray
May 31, 2011
The Rogue Wolf said:
MeatMachine said:
Guile it literally the worst commander.
It's my theory that he got booted out of the service years ago but everyone's too afraid of him to say something.
Like the Soldier of Team Fortress 2? Just delusionally insistent... I like it, and it's really the only conclusion that comes close to making sense.

American Fox

Le Best Tank
Aug 14, 2012
He is way too bulky to move fast enough to create a sonic boom.

And why are they using Dr. Wily's second stage music from Mega Man 2 slowed down?

Raika

Jul 31, 2011
I think it's odd that Capcom seems so intent on burying the legacy of the Street Fighter EX series, consider how much they ripped it off when developing Street Fighter IV. The reason I bring it up is because one of the things I really miss about the EX games is that Guile had a really cool Meteor Combo (level 3 super) that I never saw anywhere else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm5w1l6QjFY

(Guile at 0:14)

Sonic Typhoon was a step above Sonic Hurricane. Guile conjured a tornado that crossed the screen very quickly and dealt massive damage. I think it was one of, if not the strongest projectile attack in Street Fighter EX3. It's my single favorite Guile attack and I've been waiting to see it again for a pretty long time now.

I just wish Capcom had the nerve to actually change the formula of Street Fighter. The mechanics are fine, I guess, but Mortal Kombat X improved the mechanics from the last game and brought the characters out of the realm of embarrassing 1970s stereotypes and made the story almost coherent and gained a lot of points for diversity and allowed its characters to fucking age. Hey, Capcom? Ever going to get back to us on who won the second tournament? Been waiting on that for the past quarter of a fucking decade.