New Transformers Game Comes Over All Emotive

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Caramel Frappe said:
It was well played, but the ending sort of rubbed me off the wrong way. Like when the 'evil' decepticon turns into a T-rex, it made me go "There's no machine or vehicle that turns into a dinosaur.. what is this?" because truth be told my impression was a war of robots with a 'soul' intact to have some emotion.

Yet, the ending made me feel like the war can't be taken so seriously. If he changed to something moderate or believable (yeah I know, it's a cartoon/fiction game but still) then it'd have more meaning in my eyes.
Grimlock (The T-rex) is an Autobot (Red symbol good, Purple symbol bad)

And the story goes, that Shockwave (Pretty much Megatrons right hand Decepticon) scanned a prehistoric earth, and thought it would be a good idea to use the animals he found and construct Dinobots, he then had Grimlocks strike team captured, to be used in his experiment. (because Grimlock and his boys are pretty much the strongest Autobots going, to have them captured would make a huge difference on the war)

However before he could finish his experiment, they escaped, with there memory intact, so they are still Autobots and not Decepticons, however, because of all the tampering done by Shockwave they are a little bit simple minded.

Hell Grimlock is so powerful, he can only Transform when pissed off.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Hey, I had the thing on mute initially and as soon as I saw grimlock in robot form I started welling up like a little school girl out of sheer unadulterated childlike joy. Dinobot form was completely joygasmic

My only concern is that they REALLY have to ditch the excessive repetitiveness and indistinct features within the gameplay that damn near killed WFC.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
God people are killing this from one trailer?

Guys, look at this, this will change your mind.

http://www.gameinformer.com/p/transformers.aspx

Interviews with highmoon, new gameplay mechanics and more.

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
Sad folk music is hilariously out of place. Buuuut this is Transformers, so I'm willing to accept plenty of cheese.

I hope the game takes a sudden shift and plays out like this:

<youtube=oFeEwZB1oJY>

Mantonio

Apr 15, 2009
This single trailer is more awesome, and has more emotion, than all three of Michael Bay's movies.

I get a big sense of hopelessness from this. Like, there are no battlefields anymore. There's just killing and killing, as both sides start to run out of men. Pure anarchy, as the world just tears itself apart.

Also, notice how they're mostly using hand to hand weapons. To me, this gives the impression that they're just running out of ammo, and having to resort to melee.

megajon

Apr 6, 2010
I actually can't wait for this game i did so enjoy the first one alot it was a blast to play and told the story well as well as being true to its source material.

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
can't wait for this, the only problem the first one had was that very few played it (now almost no one).

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
arc1991 said:
Caramel Frappe said:
It was well played, but the ending sort of rubbed me off the wrong way. Like when the 'evil' decepticon turns into a T-rex, it made me go "There's no machine or vehicle that turns into a dinosaur.. what is this?" because truth be told my impression was a war of robots with a 'soul' intact to have some emotion.

Yet, the ending made me feel like the war can't be taken so seriously. If he changed to something moderate or believable (yeah I know, it's a cartoon/fiction game but still) then it'd have more meaning in my eyes.

And the story goes, that Shockwave (Pretty much Megatrons right hand Decepticon) scanned a prehistoric earth, and thought it would be a good idea to use the animals he found and construct Dinobots, he then had Grimlocks strike team captured, to be used in his experiment. (because Grimlock and his boys are pretty much the strongest Autobots going, to have them captured would make a huge difference on the war)

However before he could finish his experiment, they escaped, with there memory intact, so they are still Autobots and not Decepticons, however, because of all the tampering done by Shockwave they are a little bit simple minded.

Grimlock wasn't exactly simple-minded in that continuity. Didn't he succeed Optimus as Autobot leader?

Arkvoodle

Dec 4, 2008
Definitely looking forward to this one, and fingers crossed that they can recruit Gregg Berger to reprise his legendary role as King of the Dinobots.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Thyunda said:
arc1991 said:
Caramel Frappe said:

Grimlock wasn't exactly simple-minded in that continuity. Didn't he succeed Optimus as Autobot leader?
I mean in this game, that is the story behind Grimlock in this game :p

And when the hell did Grimlock ever command the Autobots? o_O

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
arc1991 said:
Thyunda said:
arc1991 said:
Caramel Frappe said:

...oh. See. I don't know the continuity this game is set in...I thought you were referring to the....well...look, it's confusing. I don't know how it happened. Prime died, Grimlock succeeded him, and during his reign, the Decepticons were made his bitches. Where Optimus was merciful, Grimlock was violent. He even wore a crown. Me Grimlock, King.

cthulhumythos

Aug 28, 2009
Itsthefuzz said:
Woodsey said:
Itsthefuzz said:
Woodsey said:
Itsthefuzz said:
Woodsey said:
Snore.

Some of the VGA trailers have been a real disappointment.

All the speculation around The Last of Us? The big reveal? Its a post-apocalyptic NYC.

Hitman: Absolution? More fucking shooting. Whoop.

The new Alan Wake thing looks like they've missed the point: uzis and auto-shotguns are now in.
Genius.

On the plus side, the BioShock Infinite trailer was good, and the Rainbow 6: Patriots debut was a real surprise, although I'm presuming we don't play as the Patriots ourselves, which is a little disappointing.
Well I like this trailer.
Good for you. I was bored after the minute-mark, and its pretty lazy.
Well, I wasn't. I wasn't bored at all.
Is there a point here that I should give a shit about?
I don't know, but if there is a point I give a shit about it even if you don't.
i just want to say, i am really enjoying this exchange.

also as an avid transformers fan, i couldn't help but giggle through the entire thing. it was very enjoyable, but i can never take transformers seriously. but it's fantastic nonetheless.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
karloss01 said:
can't wait for this, the only problem the first one had was that very few played it (now almost no one).
On weekends and holidays, you can find around 1000 players online, but that's about it, i think many people who have it don't play multiplayer because it isn't supported that well, so it's quite buggy.

Shame, if it was popular still we may have new maps and characters =\

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Thyunda said:
arc1991 said:
Thyunda said:
arc1991 said:
Caramel Frappe said:

...oh. See. I don't know the continuity this game is set in...I thought you were referring to the....well...look, it's confusing. I don't know how it happened. Prime died, Grimlock succeeded him, and during his reign, the Decepticons were made his bitches. Where Optimus was merciful, Grimlock was violent. He even wore a crown. Me Grimlock, King.
I must see this...was it a TV series or comic? :')

I can just imagine it...

Ironhide: Grimlock, Sideswipe has been kidnapped by Megatron, What should we do?

Grimlock: ME GRIMLOCK SAY SMASH MEGATRON!

Ironhide: ...Well yeh, but what about Sideswipe?

Grimlock: We rescue Sideswipe...THEN SMASH MEGATRON!

Ironhide: Yeh but HOW do we rescue Sideswipe?!?!

Grimlock: Me Grimlock need time to think...in the meantime...SMASH MEGATRON! xD

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
arc1991 said:
Thyunda said:
arc1991 said:
Thyunda said:
arc1991 said:
Caramel Frappe said:

I must see this...was it a TV series or comic? :')

I can just imagine it...

Ironhide: Grimlock, Sideswipe has been kidnapped by Megatron, What should we do?

Grimlock: ME GRIMLOCK SAY SMASH MEGATRON!

Ironhide: ...Well yeh, but what about Sideswipe?

Grimlock: We rescue Sideswipe...THEN SMASH MEGATRON!

Ironhide: Yeh but HOW do we rescue Sideswipe?!?!

Grimlock: Me Grimlock need time to think...in the meantime...SMASH MEGATRON! xD
http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Grimlock_(G1)

This will tell you everything you need to know.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
The Gentleman said:
Is it just me or is this trailer trying really hard to give off Reach vibes?
Reach and Gears 3, yeah. Still, I think it's different enough to pull it off.

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
The look in Optimus Optical lenses when he held Bumblebees hand tells us he is a true leader. I hope we get to play as grimlock. Also hope that we can choose between two different stories, Autobots and Decepticons, instead of playing the first half of one game as one side and the last bit as the other.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Me: Some of my friends baught the first one but the gameplay didn't really grab me like the original trailer.

War for Cybertron creator: DINOSAWRS!!!

Me: /)^3^(\

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
I still gotta play War for Cybertron, if only because this one looks even better.
Really awesome trailer.