New Transformers Game Comes Over All Emotive

koroem

Jul 12, 2010
Mantonio said:
This single trailer is more awesome, and has more emotion, than all three of Michael Bay's movies.

I get a big sense of hopelessness from this. Like, there are no battlefields anymore. There's just killing and killing, as both sides start to run out of men. Pure anarchy, as the world just tears itself apart.

Also, notice how they're mostly using hand to hand weapons. To me, this gives the impression that they're just running out of ammo, and having to resort to melee.
Basically this. That is dead on the sense of this trailer. Bumblebee took a shot that shot to save Optimus, the last Prime, bearer of the Matrix which is the only thing that can save Cybertron when the time is right (play the first game to learn more). His sacrifice and feeling of loss is the theme of this trailer. They are fighting a losing war and the losses are taking their toll. The planet is being torn apart and nothing seems worth that much bloodshed but they must keep fighting to save the planet and their race.

Westaway

Nov 9, 2009
Sold. War for Cybertron is the best shooter since CoD 4 to present. Just a peice of art Escalation and Multiplayer mode. They've set bar high, seeing as it's a direct sequel, but even if it's 1/4 as good it'll be fun as hell and I'll spend atleast 25 hours playing it. <3 High Moon.

Westaway

Nov 9, 2009
arc1991 said:
karloss01 said:
can't wait for this, the only problem the first one had was that very few played it (now almost no one).
On weekends and holidays, you can find around 1000 players online, but that's about it, i think many people who have it don't play multiplayer because it isn't supported that well, so it's quite buggy.

Shame, if it was popular still we may have new maps and characters =\
Join my group (War for Cybertron hook up) and we'll find people for you to play with. I'm the only member but it's week old and I haven't advertised it yet. I'd send a link but I'm on my an Ipad, sorry.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
ChromaticWolfen said:
The look in Optimus Optical lenses when he held Bumblebees hand tells us he is a true leader. I hope we get to play as grimlock. Also hope that we can choose between two different stories, Autobots and Decepticons, instead of playing the first half of one game as one side and the last bit as the other.
According to Game Informer it's one long story that has you changing sides over and over during and it's single player Campaign only.

Judging by the other posts... So I'm the only one here wondering about Arcee's status in this game? they say it's part of Transformers Prime's History which has Arcee(as a Motorcycle) but she was a Car in the multiplayer with a Voice Actress in T:WoC.

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
Everytime someone tries to take Transformers seriously, or talks about how emotional a moment like Optimus Prime dying (~10000 times) all I can think about is that they're talking about a game, that came from a story for a show made for a line of toys- intended to make you buy the toys. I can no long take any of what the trailer or conversation is trying to say.

Transformers is, and always has been a joke to me. And I dont think I'll ever understand the other point of view.

[a href="http://mudtowncomics.com/comics/2011-01-25-Catmorphers.jpg"]This comic sums up my feelings very well[/a]

Kris015

Some kind of Monster
Feb 21, 2009
If anyone was wondering about the soundtrack/song playing here it's Puscifer - The Humbling River. Absolutely AMAZING song.

realslimshadowen

Aug 28, 2010
Caligulove said:
Everytime someone tries to take Transformers seriously, or talks about how emotional a moment like Optimus Prime dying (~10000 times) all I can think about is that they're talking about a game, that came from a story for a show made for a line of toys- intended to make you buy the toys. I can no long take any of what the trailer or conversation is trying to say.

Transformers is, and always has been a joke to me. And I dont think I'll ever understand the other point of view.

[a href="http://mudtowncomics.com/comics/2011-01-25-Catmorphers.jpg"]This comic sums up my feelings very well[/a]
...so you're in the thread why? There's dumping on a trailer, which this thread is for (or praising, if you swing that way), and there's shitting on an entire franchise and fandom.

Anyway, I enjoyed it. Thought it was a touch cheesy at points, but a little melodrama is better than Michael Bay's bloody mood whiplash between war/death scenes and dick/fart jokes. Also, I like that they decided to make a non-combiner Autobot bigger than Optimus and Megatron, which isn't as common as one might think.

OManoghue

Dec 12, 2008
I guess I'm the only one who liked this song with this trailer? I thought it was perfect, moody and slow, and the lyrics were perfect. I've been imagining this song to some kind of Mechwarrior thing for a while, and then this came out and I was all like, perfect.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
I don't get why people are so turned off by the music. It makes perfect sense to me.

The story behind the Autobot/Decepticon war varies depending on the series, but in many cases it is considered to be an unnecessary ideological conflict that ultimately consumes & destroys the Transformer's home planet. In other words, it's an anti-war story in virtually every incarnation I've come across.

Here we see a world consumed by war, where everyone has been essentially forced into military service and forced to kill people they once considered friends (in many series, Optimus and Megatron are best buds prior to the war erupting).

Some sad music seems fitting. The team that selected the piece gave the trailer some emotional gravity with it.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
I think the emotional music would have been better if it wasn't constantly drowned out by crunching metal and explosions.

See people, this is why when you're going for a sad, slow trailer you need to either put everything else in mute or severely lower the volume. Otherwise it just comes out as some dick on Youtube putting some dumb-ass song over a clip that doesn't need it.

And I think we can all agree we hate those people.

Alandoril

Jul 19, 2010
Of course it's perfectly possible to make such a story emotive.

NOT with that cheesy music though.

LordFisheh

Dec 31, 2008
Why do all trailers have to end with a dragon roaring (with optional fire) at the camera? I cringe every time now, it's that overdone. It's not even restricted to fantasy any more, now we have dinosaur transformers jumping at the chance...

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
arc1991 said:
Caramel Frappe said:
It was well played, but the ending sort of rubbed me off the wrong way. Like when the 'evil' decepticon turns into a T-rex, it made me go "There's no machine or vehicle that turns into a dinosaur.. what is this?" because truth be told my impression was a war of robots with a 'soul' intact to have some emotion.

Yet, the ending made me feel like the war can't be taken so seriously. If he changed to something moderate or believable (yeah I know, it's a cartoon/fiction game but still) then it'd have more meaning in my eyes.
Grimlock (The T-rex) is an Autobot (Red symbol good, Purple symbol bad)

And the story goes, that Shockwave (Pretty much Megatrons right hand Decepticon) scanned a prehistoric earth, and thought it would be a good idea to use the animals he found and construct Dinobots, he then had Grimlocks strike team captured, to be used in his experiment. (because Grimlock and his boys are pretty much the strongest Autobots going, to have them captured would make a huge difference on the war)

However before he could finish his experiment, they escaped, with there memory intact, so they are still Autobots and not Decepticons, however, because of all the tampering done by Shockwave they are a little bit simple minded.

Hell Grimlock is so powerful, he can only Transform when pissed off.
Oooo, nice - where'd you get that background info? I was wondering how they'd explain Grimlock's alt-mode in the game, and this doesn't sound half bad. I hope Shockwave makes a meaningful story appearance in this game, then...
On a side note, Grimlock would have worked as a tank, too; you'll know what I mean if you've read the War Within comics from the tragically short Dreamwave era.

Have to say, I laughed when Ironhide smacked Starscream right in the chops.
Then I immediately went "NooooooooooOoOOOOooOOooo" when someone (Jazz? Trailbreaker? not sure) executed Soundwave. How dare they?!

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Not bad, I hope its as well written as the last...tho anything can be better than the movies.....all in all WIN!

digital warrior

Oct 17, 2008
Sonicron said:
arc1991 said:
Caramel Frappe said:
It was well played, but the ending sort of rubbed me off the wrong way. Like when the 'evil' decepticon turns into a T-rex, it made me go "There's no machine or vehicle that turns into a dinosaur.. what is this?" because truth be told my impression was a war of robots with a 'soul' intact to have some emotion.

Yet, the ending made me feel like the war can't be taken so seriously. If he changed to something moderate or believable (yeah I know, it's a cartoon/fiction game but still) then it'd have more meaning in my eyes.

And the story goes, that Shockwave (Pretty much Megatrons right hand Decepticon) scanned a prehistoric earth, and thought it would be a good idea to use the animals he found and construct Dinobots, he then had Grimlocks strike team captured, to be used in his experiment. (because Grimlock and his boys are pretty much the strongest Autobots going, to have them captured would make a huge difference on the war)

However before he could finish his experiment, they escaped, with there memory intact, so they are still Autobots and not Decepticons, however, because of all the tampering done by Shockwave they are a little bit simple minded.

Oooo, nice - where'd you get that background info? I was wondering how they'd explain Grimlock's alt-mode in the game, and this doesn't sound half bad. I hope Shockwave makes a meaningful story appearance in this game, then...
On a side note, Grimlock would have worked as a tank, too; you'll know what I mean if you've read the War Within comics from the tragically short Dreamwave era.

Then I immediately went "NooooooooooOoOOOOooOOooo" when someone (Jazz? Trailbreaker? not sure) executed Soundwave. How dare they?!
arc1991 already gave a link but here it is again http://www.gameinformer.com/p/transformers.aspx

I do have hope for this game. I actually enjoyed the last one but it was far from perfect. This time around though they seam to have taken all the criticism against the game to heart and want to fix the problems people had in the first game.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Sonicron said:
arc1991 said:
Caramel Frappe said:

All info is here ;)

http://www.gameinformer.com/p/transformers.aspx

And it was Jazz, but at least we know Soundwave doesn't die xD