New Ubisoft Space Game Revealed Inside Watch Dogs 2

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
New Ubisoft Space Game Revealed Inside Watch Dogs 2

Players can "hack" into Ubisoft's servers in Watch Dogs 2 to reveal a teaser for an upcoming title.

Well this certainly is a very interesting way to tease a game. In the Watch Dogs universe, "Ubisoft" as a company exists, and as you play as a man who can hack traffic lights, cars, and probably even dogs, you can hack into their servers. By doing just that, you'll be rewarded with the video to the right: a teaser trailer for a brand new Ubisoft game.

The new game, which did not have its title revealed, appears to be a space-sim in the vein of No Man's Sky. However, the technology does appear to be a lot more realistic, and the cowboy music going in the background gives it a pretty strong Cowboy Bebop vibe.

That's all we know about the game right now. We're not even 100% sure if it is an actual new Ubisoft game the studio is working on or just an easter egg created specifically for Watch Dogs 2. We've reached out to Ubisoft for comment.

[gallery=6618]

Source: Reddit [https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/5cqkbl/trailer_new_ubisoft_game_revealed_in_watch_dogs_2/]

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Not that I'm dissing on either, but I really don't see anything bar the vaguest of similarities to Cowboy Bebop, other than less advanced space technology (e.g. cetrifugal force for gravity) and the sountrack. The aesthetic is way different, and the focus seems to be on the setting rather than characters.

And I guess insert open world = open universe joke or something, I dunno.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
A proceedurally generated universe of pointless busywork.

This game, if its real, will exemplify Ubisoft.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
gigastar said:
A proceedurally generated universe of pointless busywork.

This game, if its real, will exemplify Ubisoft.
if it's real, then it will most likely be far cry in space
if not, then it's a glorious pisstake on no man's sky

Adultratedhydra

Aug 19, 2010
I cant wait to see how we'll climb a radio tower/Bell tower/Multi level car park/misc vague tower shape in space.