New Vegas: Wild Wasteland

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
So long as it doesn't shoehorn references in Meet the Spartans style, I'd prob be inclined to take it. That is so long as it doesn't mean I can't choose an actually useful perk/trait.

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
Bootbunny said:
I'm still a little confused about this... If you choose it will it just show easter eggs every now and then like normal games, or will it flood the entire game to make it one big joke? If its the first then I will definitely take it, but I don't want to play it if I don't get a hair of seriousness out of it.
From my reading of the IGN article, all it does is adds references. So, for sake of arguement, with the perk your Sandwiches may gain have an olive with a cocktail stick attached, a la Team Fortress 2. Without the perk, your sandwiches are just sandwiches. Or something like that.

Banana Phone Man

Elite Member
May 19, 2009
Most likely on a second play through. I want my first character to be the best of the best that only s/he can be.

Meggiepants

Not a pigeon roost
Jan 19, 2010
I almost always come to a point when playing when I need to pick I perk and I've chosen all the most useful ones and now am looking at all the goofy ones.

When that happens, I will probably choose this perk for at least one of my many playthroughs.

WhoaItsBrett

Jan 22, 2010
you know that basically all the perks you get to choose from all have downfall you get something good but from that good you lose something so i am using the perk cause it doesnt hurt any stats so i figure ill just take that extra time playing to increase my stats the old fashioned way earning them. but i see your point, but with the wild wastelander perk you just get a bonus and you are not affected negatively so i'm enjoying the perk.

Ocelano

Apr 14, 2009
Grouchy Imp said:
Fallout wouldn't be Fallout without the pop culture references! I still remember running into Arthur and his Knights in Fallout 2, on their quest for the Holy Hand Grenade - I laughed so hard at that. Seems a shame that I'll have to waste a Perk on getting the full Fallout experience though - surely it would have been better to have it as a menu option?
I found the holy hand grenades in new vegas they have absurd damage and next to where you pick them up is a box with some reference to count to 3 4 shall you not count or something similar

supermariner

Aug 27, 2010
i have taken it
and it's not even as bad as anything
it just plays creepy music whenever you experience a pop culture reference
i've only had three so far

and i didn't understand two
one was a dead man with a fedora on, inside a fridge, which io assume to be Indiana Jones 4
one was just a massive unexploded bomb, i'm not sure what the reference is. maybe to Megaton? hmm
and one was just a load of orange balls and a 5 aces next to a corpse which i also didn't get

any help?