New Virtua Fighter on the way...?

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

I'll be honest: Though my fighting game days ended back in the time when Killer Instinct 2 was the fresh thing in the arcades (and when we had arcades), even back then I never quite understood the draw of Virtua Fighter. I guess it reminded me of the OG fighting game, Karate Champ, feeling more like a fighting simulator instead of a fighting game. Still, it'll be interesting to see it back on the stage, even if- as Max says- SEGA of today is nothing like SEGA of even a few years ago.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

I'll be honest: Though my fighting game days ended back in the time when Killer Instinct 2 was the fresh thing in the arcades (and when we had arcades), even back then I never quite understood the draw of Virtua Fighter. I guess it reminded me of the OG fighting game, Karate Champ, feeling more like a fighting simulator instead of a fighting game. Still, it'll be interesting to see it back on the stage, even if- as Max says- SEGA of today is nothing like SEGA of even a few years ago.
I know Sega had some weird announcement stream back in Dec/Jan. It was mainly for the Phantasy Star 2 Online getting a complete revamp a la FFXIV. We'll see. Till then, either play VF5 on 360/PS3 or play DOA5 Ultimate. The latter has 4 DOA characters in the game.