New Warcraft Movie Trailer Shows Off New Footage, Magic

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
2,804
0
0
New Warcraft Movie Trailer Shows Off New Footage, Magic

A new trailer for the Warcraft movie shows off some new footage - including magic spells - mixed in with scenes we've seen before.

There's a new trailer out for the Warcraft movie, and it's got at least one thing we haven't seen yet - magic spells. If you've been wondering how the lightning and other effects from the game will translate to the big screen, this trailer gives you a first look.


There are some familiar scenes from previous trailers here, but there is also some new footage, most of it focused on action. We also get a glimpse of the romance story that the film will develop.

I'm still a little skeptical of how well the CGI and live actors will blend, but I can't deny that I'm at least a little intrigued as to how the film will unfold. Warcraft is scheduled to hit theaters June 10.

Permalink
 

Jeroenr

New member
Nov 20, 2013
255
0
0
Samtemdo8 said:
If you think this movie CGI does not blend in well with the live action actors then allow me to show you The Amazing Bulk:
Ok, that was indeed worse.
looked like one of those 90's interactive videos.
But given that WC probably has the bigger budget, they are dollar for dollar worse.

Personally the whole thing felt like a cutseen at best, to "In the name of the King part....) at worse
 

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
5,147
0
0
BUMBUUUM, BUBUBUUUUMM!!!!
BUMBUUUM, BUBUBUUUUMM!!!!
BUMBUBUMBUBUMBUBUMBUBUMBUBUMBUBUMBUBUMBUBUMBUuuuUUUUUuuUUUM!!!!

.....

I hope at least the movie is good.
Also why the Orc lady doesn't have muscles? This unacceptable!
 

Jeroenr

New member
Nov 20, 2013
255
0
0
SweetShark said:
BUMBUUUM, BUBUBUUUUMM!!!!
BUMBUUUM, BUBUBUUUUMM!!!!
BUMBUBUMBUBUMBUBUMBUBUMBUBUMBUBUMBUBUMBUBUMBUuuuUUUUUuuUUUM!!!!

.....

I hope at least the movie is good.
Also why the Orc lady doesn't have muscles? This unacceptable!
Yeah, the Dub-step was an odd music choice.

As for the Orc lady, she is probably something as predictable as a halfblood.
 

Wuvlycuddles

New member
Oct 29, 2009
682
0
0
Jeroenr said:
[

Yeah, the Dub-step was an odd music choice.

As for the Orc lady, she is probably something as predictable as a halfblood.
Her name is Garona Halforcen and is half blue glowing eyed space goat person and half orc, if only I was making this up.
 

Synigma

New member
Dec 24, 2014
142
0
0
Wuvlycuddles said:
Jeroenr said:
[

Yeah, the Dub-step was an odd music choice.

As for the Orc lady, she is probably something as predictable as a halfblood.
Her name is Garona Halforcen and is half blue glowing eyed space goat person and half orc, if only I was making this up.
Well it depends, this is based on the original Warcraft and she used to just be half orc and half human... the space goats didn't exist until well into WoW. Of course not that it made a whole lot more sense that a half-breed existed when the portal first opened... but, you know... magic.

I'm still excited for this movie. I have faith in Blizzard, they have cultivated their brand name for years and I don't think they will throw it away now. And ya ya I know some people will mock the strange stuff they did in later WoW expansions but... well if the movies ever get there then I stop watching them, that's easy.
 

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
18,157
1
3
Country
UK
Yeah, I'm still not sold on this. I'm not saying it's going to be bad, it just look average or generic at best.
 

loa

New member
Jan 28, 2012
1,716
0
0
The dubstep sold me that this is going to be awful.
Also wtf is with orc lady having tiny reverse dracula teeth and greenface?
Looks completely out of place next to all the other cgi stuff.
 

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
7,629
991
118
Country
Australia
Gender
Male
If it's any consolation, Duncan Jones has expressed bemusement as to why dub tracks are being used in trailers.

Speaking personally...yeah, my unease remains. I can't help but be remembered that similar sountracks were used in another fantasy movie this year (The Huntsman: Winter's War), which so far stands as the worst movie I've seen this year. I also can't help but be honest in saying that if this didn't have the Warcraft name attached to it, "generic" would be the first word that comes to mind.

So, in the spirit of things, I shall return to saying "please don't suck, please don't suck..."
 

Naraku578

New member
Dec 3, 2014
43
0
0
I am not the most familiar with the first war lore in warcraft, however I am certain that Anduin Lothar had no romantic link to Garona Halforcen (Medivh does in a retconned book).

I hope Gul'dan gets a lead role in this movie, he is such a good villain that was forgotten until warlords.
 

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
7,629
991
118
Country
Australia
Gender
Male
Naraku578 said:
I am not the most familiar with the first war lore in warcraft, however I am certain that Anduin Lothar had no romantic link to Garona Halforcen (Medivh does in a retconned book).

I hope Gul'dan gets a lead role in this movie, he is such a good villain that was forgotten until warlords.
Comic, actually. Never aware of it being retconned though. Med'an's still around, even if he's been forgotten after all.
 

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
5,161
0
0
Hawki said:
Naraku578 said:
I am not the most familiar with the first war lore in warcraft, however I am certain that Anduin Lothar had no romantic link to Garona Halforcen (Medivh does in a retconned book).

I hope Gul'dan gets a lead role in this movie, he is such a good villain that was forgotten until warlords.
Comic, actually. Never aware of it being retconned though. Med'an's still around, even if he's been forgotten after all.
Of all the things on contention in WoW, everyone, the devs seem to realize and agree that if Med'an ever makes another appearance other than to be horribly murdered there will be hell to pay.
 

Combustion Kevin

New member
Nov 17, 2011
1,206
0
0
Dear lord, this looks generic!
I'm still disappointed that they didn't get their actual cinematics team on this, having actual actors next to obviously stylized orcs is just incredibly jarring, the cinematic grandeur and pacing is gone, unnecessary romance in unnecessary and WHO THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO REPLACE THE ORCHESTRA WITH WUBSTEP?!

This movie will bomb, I'm calling it, Blizzard should have done this themselves.
 

008Zulu_v1legacy

New member
Sep 6, 2009
6,019
0
0
I think the female Orc is more obviously humanoid, because she is going to be setup as a romantic interest. And in movies, the female love interest has to be somewhat attractive, and isn't allowed to be bigger and tougher than a human male.

Amazing Spiderman had dubstep, and now that franchise is dead. Not just a coincidence I think.
 

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
7,629
991
118
Country
Australia
Gender
Male
008Zulu said:
I think the female Orc is more obviously humanoid, because she is going to be setup as a romantic interest. And in movies, the female love interest has to be somewhat attractive, and isn't allowed to be bigger and tougher than a human male.

Amazing Spiderman had dubstep, and now that franchise is dead. Not just a coincidence I think.
She's half-orc, not full orc. Her different physique is a reflection of that, and true to the original lore as well (compare Garona's physique to someone like Draka for instance).
 

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
4,896
0
0
I didn't like the first trailer, but this abomination was downright cringe worthy.

I find it funny that they keep bringing using "whatever you plan to do, do it now!" as if it's some kind of epic tag line.
 

008Zulu_v1legacy

New member
Sep 6, 2009
6,019
0
0
Hawki said:
She's half-orc, not full orc.
Nature favours the species with the stronger genes. Hard to imagine that the genes of soft squishy human, would be stronger than those of an Orc. Must be because humans are special [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HumansAreSpecial].