New Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Trailer Shows Off Another Nazi TV Show from the Game

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
New Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Trailer Shows Off Another Nazi TV Show from the Game

There's another trailer for Wolfenstein: The New Colossus, and it features another of the game's alternate history German TV shows.

Bethesda and Machine Games have invested a lot of time and advertising in building up the world of Wolfenstein: The New Colossus, and the latest trailer continues that theme. In contrast to the 50+ minutes of developer gameplay [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/170859-Three-New-Wolfenstein-II-The-New-Colossus-Gameplay-Videos] we saw recently, the new video takes us into the world of Trust in Brother, described as, "a heartwarming comedy show for the whole family."

In addition to what Bethesda is calling "a twisted Nazi-fied take on a classic American sitcom," there's also a brief bit of footage that shows BJ Blazkowicz taking out what look to be various Nazi mechs.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus is headed to PC, PS4, and Xbox One on October 27. You can find more info on the game's Season Pass and planned DLC here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/170839-Wolfentstein-II-The-New-Colossus-Season-Pass-Pre-order-DLC-Announced].

Somebloke

Aug 5, 2010
Could only think about how that kid looked like somebody had de-aged David Mitchell and cast him as Fallout's VaultBoy. :p

fractal_butterfly

Sep 4, 2010
Video is not available in Germany? For some reason I can't access the video, and YouTube isn't awfully specific about the reason why.

Xorph

Aug 24, 2010
fractal_butterfly said:
Video is not available in Germany? For some reason I can't access the video, and YouTube isn't awfully specific about the reason why.
If I had to guess, there's probably a swastika shown at some point that I just didn't notice.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
fractal_butterfly said:
Vid is full of swastikas and Germany bans that shit so that's why prob.

Ugicywapih

May 15, 2014
Scarim Coral said:
What's the Nazi got against chocolate?
Nothing against chocolate specifically, chocolate was actually ubiquitous enough as a morale and energy booster added to combat rations, that amphetamines issued to Nazi troops were dubbed "tank chocolate".

Rather, Nazis were somewhat obsessed with physical fitness - possibly a lingering influence of Turnvater Jahn, or a side effect of the pursuit of a physical Ubermensch - a fact very well expressed in Mein Kampf:
"Thus the entire education has to be directed towards employing the free time of the boy for the useful training of his body. He has no right to loaf about idly in these years, to make streets and movie theaters insecure, but after his daily work he has to steel and harden his young body so that life will not find him too soft some day"[footnote]Mein Kampf, page 346 of the 1941 Reynal&Hitchcock translation[/footnote].

Oh and yeah, I giggled at that last part of the quote xD