New Writer Tapped For Shadow of the Colossus Movie

AldUK

Oct 29, 2010
I have a bad feeling about this. As others have said, SotC does not lend itself well to the Hollywood movie format. Namely in that Wander is basically silent, Agro is a horse, Momo is dead (mostly) and the only other characters turn up at the very end.

I bet they'll make a stereo-typical action movie, with a grizzled protagonist and cliche dialogue, with maybe 2 colossi making an appearance.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
RJ Dalton said:
I'm not seeing how you could do this as a movie. It has a total of four characters; one is a horse, one is dead until the end credits roll and one doesn't show up until just before the end. How do you make a movie out of that?
By making use of the 16 colossi involved? >.>

It's probably gonna be just a huge struggle between Wander and the many battles, but I think it'll be interesting if they do it well. And who knows, they might add some stuff like backstory about the sword, Wander, the forbidden land and the civilization that he and those men at the end are actually from. Flesh out the world that he is from, give a bit more context to the journey. Maybe a clip of how the woman was killed. There's loads of possibilities for this.