New Yakuza 6 Screenshots Emerge as Demo Hits Japan

Conrad Zimmerman

Dec 24, 2013
New Yakuza 6 Screenshots Emerge as Demo Hits Japan

Kazuma is looking pretty sharp.

Yakuza: Kiwami, a remake of the original Yakuza for PlayStation 4, released this week in Japan with a packed-in demo of the forthcoming Yakuza 6, producing a flurry of new screenshots.

As you can see from the gallery below, the character models are looking mighty sharp, and the game's trademark brutal violence remains intact.

[gallery=5552]

Technically the seventh entry in a core series of titles (which has nearly as many spin-offs), Yakuza 6 was announced at the 2015 Tokyo Game Show with a Japanese release date of August 2016.

While not been confirmed for Western audiences as of yet, the series has a solid following in North America and every other main entry has found its way to worldwide release, though not without the occasional wait. Yakuza 5 took nearly three years following its initial launch to arrive worldwide this past December, while Yakuza 0 (available last month in Japan) is expected to make its way in 2017.

Source: Gematsu [http://gematsu.com/2016/01/yakuza-6-early-demo-screenshots]

Chriss_m

Sep 22, 2014
I love Yakuza, but the localisation time is fairly outrageous. It must hurt sales.

surft

Jun 25, 2015
I still don't get why they don't release the entire series on PC (Steam) I don't think they have an exclusivity deal with Sony anyway

kajinking

Aug 12, 2009
surft said:
I still don't get why they don't release the entire series on PC (Steam) I don't think they have an exclusivity deal with Sony anyway
I'd buy them. I've wanted to try the series ever since watching the Two Best friends playthrough of 4

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
And Haruka is now an adult. That fact that this series happens in accordance to real time is interesting as it means things change in Kamurocho and people age. Haruka went from a nine-year-old to a young woman over the course of the series. I'm just wondering what they'll do to amp up 6 as 5 blew up the scale to five locales and 0 gave us multiple fighting styles. I just hope Majima is there to chew the scenery.

balladbird

Master of Lancer
Legacy
Jan 25, 2012
Country
United States
surft said:
Indeed, no exclusivity deal exists. Sadly, given SEGA's disdain for the western market (seriously, we had to wait YEARS just for them to grudgingly give us a digital-only release of yakuza 5) I imagine the PC market isn't even a blip on their concern radar.

It is a shame that the games don't have a stronger following over here. When a game this Japanese can appeal to Yahtzee of all people, you know it's special