New year, new you?

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Or the same old shit?

Is this the year that you're really going to make that change? (No.)

Any leaves to turn over? Big? Small? Guess it doesn't matter at all? Hopes and dreams for 2023?

Goals:
Get heavier
Get paid more for less work
Tidy the shed
Make some nice things in the shed
Get much better at welding
Find an optician that doesn't drink coffee
Flood defences

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Get a new kidney. Unfortunately, that's not up to me.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
Buy an apartment. According to the predictions, it will reach a dip this summer, so I might at long last actually own the apartment I live in.
Get a new job. (Which I've been planing to do almost since I started it which was several years ago, so I wouldn't bet on me being able to do it.)

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Buy a condo or house, market has been all the bullshit recently but its slowly getting less stupid and since rent just keeps getting stupider and stupider... yeah.

Reactions: gorfias

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Gonna start pursuing a potential new direction for work (or start making progress towards making it happen in the future).
Looking to build a 2.0 of my D&D table at some point.
Been making great strides in matters regarding my gender identity, and progress is going to go even quicker this year now that I've got the ball rolling.
I'm actually gonna lose some weight for once so I can fit into some clothes and styles I want.

Big stuff! Gonna be exciting all around

Reactions: Buyetyen

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Kinda already made most of my needed changes this year like actually caring about my diet (down from 42s to 32s in less than a year) and getting a condo.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
I'm going to learn at least one language this year. The goal is to know enough to hold a short, pleasant conversation. That and of course how to swear in that language. Currently in my sights: Greek.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Read a bunch of books I've been putting off.
Visit Greece on vacation.
Start actually writing the book I've been pre-planning in my head for *Checks Watch* about a year and a half now.
Something Something video games.
Clean my basement up.
Clean my yard up.
Lose some weight.
Poop on Elon Musks front porch and get away scot free.

Last edited:

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
My cousins and I gained weight over the Pandemic. Everyone did. So we all agreed to start training together. Plus guess who finished culinary school and gets to be titled "Certified Culinarian"?

That's right. Chef SilentPony. Kneel ye unwashed masses. And also wash, 'cause that's a pretty big health code violation.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
Since this is a thread about looking ahead to the new year, this subject is also relevant: did you do anything of note* during 2022?

I went on a 5 day summer course in stop motion animation, which was on a whim but which turned out to be something I enjoyed doing.

*"of note" meaning that it was something that was notable for you, not something that necessarily impresses strangers.