New York Museum Boasts 2,000-Year-Old Ancient Egyptian d20

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Mike Kayatta said:
but I like to think those jerks are just in the back room during lunch breaks trying to roll natural kappas in their ongoing game of Sarcophagi and Sphinxes.
That made me actually laugh, so you get a cookie.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
They didn't play Warhammer 40K, they played Warhammer 2K

Jokes aside I wonder what was around it? If they actually knew what game it was from it could even kick off a new gaming trend in the modern world.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Who wants to bet that thing's weighted? Rolln' omegas all day long!

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
1337mokro said:
Baldry said:
So instead of Dungeons and Dragons was it Pyramids and Sphinxes?
The mage in your party passed the Knowledge Arcane check.

He tells you that it would still be Dungeons and Dragons, or more like Tombs and Dragons.

The ancient Egyptians had allot of Dragons too.

They even had their own mythology featuring them like Apep, the dragon/snake that lay in wait to attempt to kill Horus every time he died and had to pass through the underworld, which was everyday at sunset. They explained the Red colour of the sun rising at dusk as the blood of that dragon being wounded and retreating.

What do you want to do next?
I use counter argument.

The thing about "Egyptian Dragons" is more often then not they're serpents, sure the ones with wings could be considered dragons but more then anything they're winged serpents [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winged_serpent]. Also if you look at images of most Egyptian Gods that could be considered dragons they don't really look like dragons, some look like cats and some look like straight up snakes.

BaronIveagh

Apr 26, 2011
One thing is for sure: this definitely proves 'prior art' against WotC claim to own everything role playing and card related, ever.

Ok, now I confirm the critical with my vorpal khophesh on the Canaanite, killing him. How much XP is he worth again?

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
That is so freakin' cool. I love ancient Egypt so much. Now even more. For a while I wanted to become an Egyptologist.

Orlake said:
...Maybe all their tomes,Book of the Dead etc, were just ancient rulebooks
That's a fun thought. Imagine if their entire religion and civilization was shaped to reflect their love for a tabletop RPG :D

Absimilliard

Only you can read this.
Nov 4, 2009
I'm so happy about this; it's the first (albeit faint) indication that I'll have access to a time-machine at some point in my life....

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
Baldry said:
1337mokro said:
Baldry said:
So instead of Dungeons and Dragons was it Pyramids and Sphinxes?
The mage in your party passed the Knowledge Arcane check.

He tells you that it would still be Dungeons and Dragons, or more like Tombs and Dragons.

The ancient Egyptians had allot of Dragons too.

They even had their own mythology featuring them like Apep, the dragon/snake that lay in wait to attempt to kill Horus every time he died and had to pass through the underworld, which was everyday at sunset. They explained the Red colour of the sun rising at dusk as the blood of that dragon being wounded and retreating.

What do you want to do next?
I use counter argument.

The thing about "Egyptian Dragons" is more often then not they're serpents, sure the ones with wings could be considered dragons but more then anything they're winged serpents [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winged_serpent]. Also if you look at images of most Egyptian Gods that could be considered dragons they don't really look like dragons, some look like cats and some look like straight up snakes.
You failed the counter argument.

A passing clergyman hears your argument and quickly corrects you that dragons are simply great winged serpents with legs.