New Zelda Coming In 2009, Says Analyst

Aardvark Soup

Jul 22, 2008
ZELDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

Sorry, I always do that when a new entry in my favourite game series is mentioned. Anyway, I highly doubt a new Zelda game is going to be released in 2009. Probably they do announce one for 2010, that gets delayed to 2011 and will be released in Europe in 2012...

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Why is everyone saying this is a no-brainer article. Zelda games are released sporadically at best, and I highly doubt that this analyst is correct, anyway. Not including the handheld games, ever since OoT, Nintendo hypes a new Zelda title for two or three years before even giving the darn thing a title.

jamesc

Jul 30, 2008
If they change this to the future or make it a prince ripoff like gamesradar said they should, I will buy a wii to play it.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
xitel said:
Doug said:
Predicting a new Zelda from Nintendo is like predicting the sun will rise in the morning. Minus the Aztec's trying to provide it with human hearts.
Who knows what those crazy Nintendo fanboys have been doing?
Hey if this is going to be the best zelda ever, i'll cut out a heart or two. Now where the hell is Phil Harrison? or Bill Gates? Actually i'll just make do with Romero.

Brokkr

Nov 25, 2008
So a person not connected with the company says that a new Zelda game might come out this year. Big surprise that Nintendo is working on a new Zelda. Saying that it will come out this year is like saying that EA will come out with a new Madden game.

perfectimo

Sep 17, 2008
LoZ: 27/11/1987
LoZ II: 26/11/1988
LoZ - LTTP: 24/09/1992
LoZ - LA: 06/06/1993
LoZ - OoT: 21/11/1998
LoZ - MM: 17/11/2000
LoZ - WW: 03/05/2003
LoZ - TP: 19/11/2006

Just a list of the console versions of The Legend of Zelda, as you can see they are not released every year and there is less of these then there are FF titles. Making over the top claims just to badger a company in bad time to appear cool to people you don't know online is quite sad.

On-Topic: Trying to get actual information off Nintendo is near on impossible.

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
I want to be an Analyst. Getting paid for thinking what a company is going to do.

"Analyst says - Nintendo will probably make an M-rated Mario Spinoff where we crush things with hammers, set things on fire with a mystical spell, and ride dinosaurs that look like the "Squiggoth" in 40k - and beat the final boss, only to find out it was a bad trip after taking shrooms, and that you really just killed a bunch of people with a broomstick and that the "castle" was a prison. sometime-maybe-inthenearfuture-though highly unlikely."

"Analyst predicts that Nintendo will make "Adult Peripherals" - such as - Giant Horse Cock-mote and Life-Size-Hooker-Doll-mote."