New Zodiac Signs. Apparently people care about it.

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
I am kind of surprised no one has made a thread about this yet. I did a search so I am pretty sure this is search safe.

Well as the title states there are new Zodiac signs that has caused a lot of people to be angry. Well by a lot of people I mean a majority of my Monkey Sphere on Facebook. I am kind of happy because I went from a Virgin Woman(Virgo) to a Lion(Leo) well that just makes me a skinwalker so its kind of funny.

According to the astrologers the stars have changed because the Earth has tilted. I thought that the earth bing tilted was taught in elementary school but apparently astrologers have just ignored that fact for a while. Also there has been a thirteenth sign added to the list even though it has apparently always been there. My guess is that they thought 13 was unlucky but only if you go to Camp Crystal Lake.
Well here are the new dates:
Capricorn: Jan. 20 - Feb. 16
Aquarius: Feb. 16 - March 11
Pisces: March 11- April 18
Aries: April 18- May 13
Taurus: May 13- June 21
Gemini: June 21- July 20
Cancer: July 20- Aug. 10
Leo: Aug. 10- Sept. 16
Virgo: Sept. 16- Oct. 30
Libra: Oct. 30- Nov. 23
Scorpio: Nov. 23- Nov. 29
Ophiuchus: Nov. 29- Dec. 17
Sagittarius: Dec. 17- Jan. 20
Also just as a point I find astrology to be quite BS since all this does is change your sign but DOES NOT change what they have been saying about when you were born.

TL:DR
Earth Tilt changed. Astrology Symbols have now changed. Some people are pissed.

*EDIT*
Forgot this part. What do you guys think about this whole thing and astrology in general.

*EDIT**EDIT*
This is my source for this:
http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2011/01/ophiuchus-new-zodiac-sign-dates-and-your-real-astrological-sign.html

delet

Nov 2, 2008
Uhm, cool? Irrelevant, but fancy thing to know.

It would seem I'm both a Libra and a Scorpio... Which one do I chose?!

Dec 14, 2009
Ah shit, I'm a Virgo now.
But I like the scales!

Fuck this, I'm staying Libra. Scales FTW!

OP: Think it's a bit pointless to be honest, only moronsother people actually think the zodiac means anything.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
One must always keep up with the progress of pseudoscience. And why does Scorpio only last a week? Not that I mind, every time I've dated (or married!) a Scorpio it's gone disastrously, but still. JUST a bit ridiculous!

And just for the record, my sign is "Caution: Radioactive."

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
I'm a Virgo, I guess. Awesome?
I had no idea what I was before, but this change is cool, I suppose.

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
No. No one cares. The thing is this won't make a difference at all, except to a) people who actually buy into astrology, and b) people born after the date this was implemented. So it hasn't altered my destiny or personality at all. I'm still as sexy of a scorpio as ever. =P

Aloran

Oct 9, 2008
I'm now an Ophiuchus?

What is this I don't even...

From the site "Ophiuchus" means "serpent-bearer" in Greek"

;D

But seriously, I've always thought that stuff like Zodiac and the planets influence on moods and stuff is a load of phooey.

If you ever read a horoscope the damn things are so ambiguous it will make anyone with an ounce of naivety twist it to their own words.

Skuffyshootster

Jan 13, 2009
badgersprite said:
b) people born after the date this was implemented. So it hasn't altered my destiny or personality at all. I'm still as sexy of a scorpio as ever. =P
Aw, that means I'm not Ophicis...Ophiuscs...whatever.

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
Oo I'm taurus now :3

Not that it matters though really, I guess a lot of people think this stuff is srs business.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
badgersprite said:
No. No one cares. The thing is this won't make a difference at all, except to a) people who actually buy into astrology, and b) people born after the date this was implemented. So it hasn't altered my destiny or personality at all. I'm still as sexy of a scorpio as ever. =P
This is where I draw my confusion, am I what I am now or what I was before? This also brings a magnifying glass into how ridiculous astrology readings are seeing as we've apparently been doing them wrong for 3,000 years.

Sion_Barzahd

Jul 2, 2008
It curious, and a bit annoying, cause nothing has actually changed and they're screwing with the formula.

Also its bunked me down from a scorpio to a libra, so i'm ignoring these nonsense new bits of jargon and sticking with what it was originally.