NEWS: 6.5 ton NASA Satelite crashes on Argentina, 10 people killed

ivc392

Aug 26, 2010
Remember the 6.5Ton satellite falling down to Earth, remember when NASA said, not to worry, well... about that...

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1409399-explosion-en-una-vivienda-de-esteban-echeverria

10 people died after a mysterious meteorite, describe by witness as a "Giant Ball of Fire from Space", crashed near Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Anyone??

EDIT: Thx for the English version

English Stew

Apr 23, 2011
Why is it that people think that a falling satellite would behave just like a meteorite?

The fact is, nothing we make that isn't designed for re-entry would survive the immense deceleration caused by moving from vacuum to atmosphere. The reason NASA said not to worry about the satellite is that they knew it would just burn up just like everything that isn't hard as a rock and thick enough to with-stand having it's outer layers boiled off.

I don't know what happened in Argentina, but I'm almost positive it has nothing to do with the satellite.

Edit: read the English version, now both proven wrong and right? It was just a gas explosion, but the satellite landed elsewhere?

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Argentine blast kills woman, hurts 9
Might want to edit that title.

OT: Yeah, that's probably not the satellite. Quite a coincidence though.

Arcanist

Feb 24, 2010
NASA reports that the satellite landed on Saturday, and that it didn't even land in South America.

So... I'm going to go with industrial accident.

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
Well Nasa's satelite landed Saturday... Which is two days ago. And it didnt land in South America.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
That English link says otherwise. Considering some completely unreal stuff I've read about the explosive properties of things like propane, I'm going to say that the NASA satellite is probably not related.

Or we could just tell the Mythbusters.

EDIT: And it's apparently already landed. So... yeah.

Valagetti

Good Coffee, cheaper than prozac
Aug 20, 2010
Well, that article was poorly structured.
So what the fireball in the sky?
Its a bird
Its a plane
Its a leaking pizza oven

McMullen

Mar 9, 2010
ivc392 said:
Remember the 6.5Ton satellite falling down to Earth, remember when NASA said, not to worry, well... about that...

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1409399-explosion-en-una-vivienda-de-esteban-echeverria

10 people died after a mysterious meteorite, describe by witness as a "Giant Ball of Fire from Space", crashed near Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Anyone??

EDIT: Thx for the English version
So, do they give badges on the Escapist for jumping the gun that hard?

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
I think you made a mistake in the title, "NEWS" is properly spelled, "Conspiracies Theories Start Now!"

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
yeah... considering this is argentina (not that theres anything wrong with that) Im going to say that it was a gas explosion from shoddy workmanship.

especially since the satellite landed saturday and NASA (last I heard) had no fucking clue where it went.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
OK, read the English link and change the title. Actually this whole thread should be closed. What happened there has nothing to do with the satellite, it's a sad, but only reported as news because the thought it was caused by a satellite.

Finebrew

Apr 13, 2009
Gee, can all of the satellites double as a pizza oven? Its a crime that they never told us of this feature, Im hungry.