News Show Airs Pics of Creepy Camp-Wrecking Mutant

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
News Show Airs Pics of Creepy Camp-Wrecking Mutant

Did a creepy mutant tear up your hunting camp and get photographed in the process? If so, then you might be able to get on the news.

NBC 33 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, likes to encourage its viewers to send in photos to its news crew that will possibly be aired on the station's morning and evening news shows. Usually, these types of photos are the typical cutesy images that one expects of community journalism. This photo, though, looks like something out of a low-budget horror movie and was shown on yesterday's news program.

According to the news anchor, the image was sent in by a viewer who wanted to remain anonymous. The guy claims that the photo was recovered at the site of a hunting camp owned by his friend's family; the camp itself had been torn apart, but the memory card (not a SIM card, like the anchor says) was apparently intact in the camera and contained the image of this creature.

The video of the actual segment can be seen <a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvlgMpW-IvU&feature=player_embedded>here, but there aren't any more photos on display and the accompanying commentary from both the anchors and the peanut gallery on the Web don't really add anything to the story.

Viewers of the news station offered a number of online comments that were subsequently broadcast as part of the segment. Most of the folks seem to think the image is Photoshopped, which I can't say I disagree with. What about you? Do you think this is the beginning of a real-life horror movie, or did someone manage to fool some gullible journalists?

Source: <a href=http://io9.com/5710832/scariest-thing-youll-see-all-day-what-is-this-mutant-man-monster>io9

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
The most likely reason is that it's photoshopped. Still, that's a freaking creepy picture. No eyes, just white light. Ugh.

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
Looks like a Feral Ghoul, a Glowing One to be more precise. Would be cool if it were real, but it's 99.98% fake.

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
Hm...The head's too small to be a bloodsucker, and it doesn't have tentacles to boot. It's sure as hell not a chimera or pseudodog...Smart money's on some kind of displaced Snork. Two shells to the temple oughta solve the problem; I'd recommend bringing an or firefly before taking it on, though.

/Trapper

E-Penguin

Jun 7, 2010
I should have clever pun or a funny meme for this post but I don't.

It would be cool (and terrifying) if it was real, but it's most likely fake.

And HOW would a cellphone take a picture like that if there wasn't anyone there to take a picture? Did another mutant want the first one to do a photo shoot?

Aug 25, 2009
Someone fooled the press.

I don't think this is true, possibly photoshopped, possibly someone in a costume, or possibly just a verycreepy human being attacking their camp.

Manicotti

Apr 10, 2009
Creepy as hell, but I'm going to say it's just some modified Halloween decorations. Seriously, the whole Blair Witch-esque shot is just too easy to fake.

RobCoxxy

Feb 22, 2009
Picture itself looks pretty good but the report itself looks fake as fuck

"WHAT IS THIS?!?!?"

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
Its freaky, but its almost definitely photoshopped. My main issue with is although its meant to be some sort of humanoid, there are no genitals. An odd thing to look for I admit, but its the best way to prove a fake, if there had been a pair of knackers, or in fact jubblies swinging from the crotch/chest then perhaps I could have gone along with it.

Red Rum

Feb 25, 2008
There was also video of a weird sea creature that explodes when exposed to soda, and before that a weird, dead pig mutant with a company logo stamped on it. I think they're all connected somehow...

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
Moonpooman said:
And HOW would a cellphone take a picture like that if there wasn't anyone there to take a picture? Did another mutant want the first one to do a photo shoot?
A lot of camps have tree mounted cameras that take a picture when they detect movement so the hunters know what size deer are in the area.
But honestly, although this is most likely faked it makes me happy I'm not going to my grandpas hunting camp in the deep woods of michigan this winter.

Oct 14, 2010
RobCoxxy said:
Picture itself looks pretty good but the report itself looks fake as fuck

"WHAT IS THIS?!?!?"
It's from a morning show. They don't tend to be as serious or hard-hitting with their news at various points.