gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
LookingGlass said:
If I were to guess...
2. Mafia 3 maybe. I liked the first one but didn't play 2 (October 7)..
Playing 2 that I got in a Humblebundle for next to nothing. I?m early in. Starts during WW2 and the radio songs are a hoot (Andrews Sisters, etc.).. Then my guy does 10 years in jail and I just got out. We?re now in the 1950s: different guns and cars.
Worth playing. You should be able to find it for a bargain price.
JUMBO PALACE said:
Forza Horizon 3... Not happy about UWP...
Battlefield
Why unhappy about UWP? I'm pretty excited about the idea of being able to game on the XB1 or PC. Not sure either Battlefield 1 or Forza Horizon 3 are games you buy on either XB1 or PC and can play automatically on either. I hope so. The two of them are one of the few that supports Direct X 12.
If I'm that anxious to try DX12, you'd think I'd get Deus Ex already but I hardly touched the last one yet. Quirky controls for an FPS. Maybe if I see it on sale.

Plucky

Enthusiast Magician
Jan 16, 2011
Dragon Quest 7, Pokemon Moon, Dragon Quest 8...maybe the Gunvolt double pack if its getting a EU release. was kinda curious about the first one. and possibly Yokai Watch 2, despite people comparing it to Pokemon just because of sites like Forbes toting it as a Pokemon Killer, the game isn't that bad. even if it was a game from around 2013, i like the whole whimsy it has in the graphical department.

Lufia Erim

Mar 13, 2015
Persona 5
Final fantasy 15
World of final fantasy
Destiny heart of iron expansion
Maybe battlefield one if it's any good.

The last game i bought new was Street fighter 5. There hasn't been much i wanted to play since then.

Mcgeezaks

The biggest boss
Dec 31, 2009
Sweden
Country
Sweden
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
These are all the game I plan on getting this year

Oh I forgot about Spacehulk - Deathwing which comes out in november as well.

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
Pokemon Moon
Zelda Breath of the Wild
Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse
Berserk

That's it. There's not much I'm interested in. Most games I can wait for a price drop, unless it's Nintendo, they rarely get price drops.

Catnip1024

Jan 25, 2010
1. Horizon Zero Dawn. The idea appeals, so unless the game is awful on launch I'll be getting it.
2. Mirrors Edge: Catalyst. When I get round to it.
3. Mass Effect Andromeda. Depending on reviews.
4. XCOM 2 (does it count as new if I wait for a steam sale?)
5. Possibly Battlefield One, if it's any good. Or something to replace Overwatch when it becomes stale and overpopulated with stupid imbalanced champs (looking at you, LoL)...

Well, at least I could name 5. The future ain't so bad.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Most likely the new Fire Emblem one (Awakening was it?)
Maybe Pokemon Sun/Moon
Would love the new DeusEx to be ported to the WiiU... not gonna happen I guess.

JohnnyDelRay

Jul 29, 2010
In no particular order:

1. Mafia 3 Almost out of pure curiosity with what they do with story from here, what with the protagonist not being of a typical Mafia race and all
2. F1 2016 Heard they really got their act together for this one, looking forward to a decent F1 game
3. Space Hulk: Deathwing First FPS Space Hulk game in so many generations I lost count. And I'm damn stoked for this one, hope it turns out good
4. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Human Revolution was great, can't wait to see what the fuss is about in this one
5. Rise of the Tomb Raider Was going to wait till I got a PS4 to play this, but screw it, my PC will run it better, and with the new systems coming out I can wait out another price drop for the console

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Zelda: Breath of the Wild
The Last Guardian

...That's all I can think of. I'll certainly be getting Final Fantasy XV, Pokemon Moon, and Mass Effect Andromeda, but probably not bothering to get 'em new.

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
I think the next few things I'm going to be buying new are mostly 3DS games given the amount of cool games that are scheduled to come out/have come out for it.

- Dragon Quest VII: this is getting a remake on the 3DS and I think it might be the first time it's ever been available in the UK. I've got a 10 day vacation booked in October so I'm getting this in a couple of weeks and it's going to be my holiday game.
- Fire Emblem Fates: either Birthright or Conquest, not sure yet, but I definitely want to get this after how much I enjoyed Awakening and given it's not that cheap pre-owned I might as well get a new copy if I find one first.
- Pokemon Moon: took me ages to decide between Sun and Moon but I think I've sorted which one I'm going to opt for. Might actually preorder this one as a birthday present to myself as it comes out a couple weeks after it.

And that's it. I don't have any new consoles so I'm not interested in getting anything on that front and I've got way too much crap on GOG and Steam to think about getting new games from there yet.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Silvanus said:
Zelda: Breath of the Wild
The Last Guardian

...That's all I can think of. I'll certainly be getting Final Fantasy XV, Pokemon Moon, and Mass Effect Andromeda, but probably not bothering to get 'em new.
Zelda will be very tempting. Last Guardian has a big hurdle to go over for me. It has taken so long, I worry it will have Duke Nukem disease. I am anxious to see if they do pull it off successfully.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Define "new".

Are we talking 'new' as in 'just released' or are we talking 'new' as in 'new to me'? Or perhaps we're going with the 'new' of 'rereleased onto a new platform'?

Meh, whichever. I'll just list the five games I'm planning to buy next[footnote]Maybe. If they turn out well.[/footnote].

1: Quantum Break - I'd really wanted to play the game at launch but I had no interest in either buying an Xbone or "upgrading" to Windows 10. Now that a Win7 build is coming to Steam, the problem has solved itself.

2: Titanfall 2 - I adored the first game. Logged hundreds of hours, a sizable portion of which were in tourneys and scrims. Now that the sequel looks to be amping up and adding to everything that made the original good, and now includes solo content (including a campaign), I foresee logging quite a few hours of play.

3: Rain World - It's a side-scrolling Metroid-Vania-style survival game wherein you play as a 'slugcat' that must navigate an alien world full of dangers to save your pups. One of the dangers is frequent 'heavy' rain storms that literally blast the surface, destroying most things that decide to stay topside.

It's worth a look if you at all like Metroid games and/or love cute alien critters.

4: Battletech - It's slated for summer of next year, but I'm practically giddy with excitement for it. The early pre-alpha footage Harebrained Schemes demoed a month or so ago looked almost like a finished title. I can't wait to see how the game turns out.

5: Hob - Haven't heard much in a while, but I'm really looking forward to this one. It's a Zelda/Ico-like game from the team behind Torchlight 2. That alone sells it on me.

Honorable mentions:

Horizon: Zero Dawn - It looks intriguing. Gorilla Games tend to have a pretty high bar for quality in their games so, if nothing else, I'll at least be keeping on eye on it. If it delivers on some of the promises, I may even buy it at (or near) launch.

Not in a rush just yet. I'm waiting to learn more.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare - Gotta admit, the more I see of this game the more I'm interested. The campaign looks like it may shape up to be a lot of fun, and the new game mechanics (including but not limited to zero-G fighting and fighter craft piloting both atmospheric and in space) look like a nice, fresh addition to a stagnating franchise.

Still going to wait for reviews, though. And even then, might still wait for a cheap GOTY version.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Don't often buy games new(at least big games. Every so often an indie/smaller game will come along that's $20 and I'll grab new because I hear good things), but if I have to list AAA games I'm interested in.

The Last Guardian:It doesn't have to be groundbreaking the way SotC was. I'll gladly settle for something that gives me the same sense of feels. This will also give me a long awaited excuse to buy a PS4 (that isn't Bloodborne).

Mass Effect Andromeda: I'm not burned enough on ME(yet) to not be interested in this, but it has to be Good.

CoD Infinite Warfare: If it's as fun as Advanced Warfare, I'll grab it. If it's more like Ghosts or BOIII, not happening at any price.

Dishonored 2: If it's good, I'll grab it.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
TizzytheTormentor said:
Just 5? I can list a few I know I am already totally sold on.

Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse, as a MegaTen junkie, this game will give me a good fix for a long time. It looks like it will ironing out the more irritating issues that SMT IV had, so good times await.
Battlefield 1, will see how it goes at launch, if it has few notable issues at launch, I will get it asap, otherwise will wait for them to work out the kinks.
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney 6: Spirit of Justice, always loved me some Ace Attorney action, still salty The Great Ace Attorney never came out in the west...
Final Fantasy XV, I could wait for the inevitable PC port, but I need an excuse to dust off my PS4 and its a mainline FF game, I am more than willing to give it a spin.
Persona 5, got the special edition pre-ordered, its shaping up nicely and its presentation so far has been outstanding.
Pokemon Sun, its more Pokemon, consider me sold.
Tekken 7, might actually split the cost of this one with a friend, as I am mainly buying it so we can play against each other on the couch.
No Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE?

OT:

Pokemon Moon/Sun: Looking really good, pretty excited for it.

Pokken Tournament: Definitely on the radar after I wasted a bunch of time playing the demo.

Final Fantasy XV: Really want a PC port but I may just pick up the X1 version to see how it is, not pre-ordering though.

Battlefield 1: Will see how launch plays out and go from there.

Selucia

Feb 27, 2015
Cossacks 3 - Glad to have a new RTS to play since total war hammer got a bit dull after a summer being played.
Civ 6 - Hope that i wont have to wait for the dlc for this to be as good as V.
Mafia 3
Pokemon Moon
Probably the next Swtor KOTFE season.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
I just had a list, but I realized it probably didn't count, since I was still going to wait until reviews confirmed that they were worth playing. So, I deleted my list.

distortedreality

May 2, 2011
Dishonored 2
Hitman
Andromeda

I think that's all I've got right now. If Forza looks good on PC I'll grab that, and the new Battletech game next year if it's looking good, but doubt I'll get into anything else atm, I'm still struggling to put time into DXMD.