Next Ark: Survival Evolved Patch Will Activate the Volcano, So Move Your Bases

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Next Ark: Survival Evolved Patch Will Activate the Volcano, So Move Your Bases

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1401/1401467.jpgIf you've built your Ark: Survival Evolved base around the volcano, you need to move it before the next patch.

If you've played Ark: Survival Evolved you've probably either built a base on the game's dormant volcano, or toyed with the idea of doing so. If you did follow through on that construction, I hope you're not too attached to it, because the next patch (v257) is going to bring that volcano back to life.

The change was announced in this post [https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/179085-pc-v257-update-volcano-changes-new-music-teasers/] on the game's official forums, and was accompanied by the image above, which shows the area that the change will affect. There's also been a client patch that adds a green line to the game so you can see the area that will be affected.

The v257 patch has pushed back to May 3, just to make sure that everyone has plenty of time to relocate their volcano bases. This date is only for PC players, but the post mentions that the change will "eventually come" to consoles as well. Best of luck avoiding the lava!

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
I wish this update happened back when I played ARK with my brother and this one guy who was a huge turd of a person who ofcourse had his base there and hoarded all the metal and whatever else was up there.

And that it was done without telling people.

Oh well, that guy got his come-uppance in other ways.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Saelune said:
I wish this update happened back when I played ARK with my brother and this one guy who was a huge turd of a person who ofcourse had his base there and hoarded all the metal and whatever else was up there.

you cant leave it at that.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
bjj hero said:
Saelune said:

you cant leave it at that.
You mean what happened?

It used to be me, my brother, our friends, and that guy and his son. (His son was alright though). That guy and my brother were the main driving forces in Ark and they wanted to let randoms join the server. They just wanted to lord it over people with less stuff, but they pretended it was cause they wanted competing tribes, even though they all were over-protective of -everything-.

Some randoms join and make a tribe. Eventually all the tribes (my brother's, the guy's, me and my friend's and the randoms) consolidate into one mega-Tribe. There was conflict over who got Admin status. I sugested the original people (aka not the randoms) but the guy wanted each original Tribe leader to have Admin (so I was excluded). I said it was a bad idea to have the random guy have admin but not me. I eventually got upset and left (was never too into Ark to begin with) as a T-Rex attacked. (I snarkly said I hope it eats them all, they for some reason felt that was uncool of me to say even though they killed it without any damage to selves)

Few days later the random admin person released/killed all the animals looting everything and left the base in ruins. The guy was very very very very unhappy (as was my brother).

The Schadenfreude was strong in me that day.

Shadefyre

Mar 25, 2008
It's a shame Ark doesn't do mandatory wipes for updates like this, as Rust does now and then.

EDIT: Then again, with Ark's ridiculous 14 hour (realtime hours) dinosaur tames, I can see why that would also be an issue.