Next Black Ops II DLC Rising Up on Xbox Live April 16

Sarah LeBoeuf

Apr 28, 2011
Next Black Ops II DLC Rising Up on Xbox Live April 16

The second DLC pack for Black Ops II brings a zombie outbreak and new multiplayer maps to the core game.

Ready for more zombies, Call of Duty fans? The second round of downloadable content for Black Ops II brings a slew of new content to the game, with one of the biggest additions being the return of the undead. "Mob of the Dead" finds Prohibition-era gangsters Billy Handsome, Al "The Weasel" Arlington, Salvatore "Sal" DeLuca, and Michael "Finn" O'Leary planning to break out of Alcatraz, only to find themselves trapped on the island with hordes of newly risen zombies. According to the press release, "the quartet of inmates will have to lean on their mob-derived skills with firearms, blunt instruments, and improvised weaponry" while fighting "through the steel cells and aging concrete buildings." If a player becomes infected, the game's new Purgatory feature "sends players into the afterlife," which sounds like you get to play as a zombie.

Additionally, Uprising has four new multiplayer maps that are set in a modern Japanese village, a deserted London music festival, a futuristic high rise in India, and a contemporary remake of Black Ops' "Firing Range" map. You'll get a glimpse at these environments in the announcement trailer, which touts Uprising as "the most fan-centric DLC package we've ever created."

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Uprising will be available for 1200 Microsoft Points (that's $15 in real-world money) when it hits Xbox Live on April 16. The DLC will be available on other systems after the period of exclusivity ends.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Looks really fun. Wish it would be out this week while I am on break...

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
No new Gun?

That sucks... Still two more DLC packs, I think Im gonna wait till the third is released before I decide to buy the Season pass.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Just curious, how Mob is going to fit into the Zombie-canon. If it does at all, that is, and they don't just give the zombies red eyes and pull another "Dead Ops" with a non-canon map.

The

Jan 24, 2012
First thing that came to mind when I saw "Black Ops 2: Uprising" was Tron: Uprising (hence current profile picture). I now feel a strange desire for a gladiator-style CoD. Oh, and the soldiers should be computers. The guns are also computers.