Next Gen, is anyone really done with their current consoles?

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
I'm ready for a new generation, but if they announced there wasn't going to be one and people could appreciate what they had without anticipation, I'd get plenty of enjoyment out of my PS3. That said...it's sort of a given anyway, considering I could play Dark Souls and Armored Core forever.

southparkdudez

Feb 7, 2010
Nazulu said:
The Wii I'm sick of, so I'm alright with the move to Wii U, the rest is fine as it is I reckon. The best experiences I've had are all in old games so hardware means fuck all to me really.
Yeah the WII u is ok by me because the Wii only had like two games I really liked, No More Heroes 1 and 2. But my 360 and PS3 could go for maybe 3 more years.

TheLastFeeder

Oct 29, 2012
Well I'm most likely going to take a pass on the next console generation. I want to see how much of the speculations about Sony and Microsoft are true. And if they are acceptable to me I'm still waiting 3-5 year before getting one.(I'm still a bit pissed about Sony removing my PS3s ability to have a Linux installed on it.)

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
It doesn't matter what you think, the console generation is decided by the manufacturers. There are people still playing there NES system that doesn't mean that a new generation can't come out (it did).

rekabdarb

Jun 25, 2008
Eh, other than dead space 3 atm i'm fine with a new gen.

However the fact that it's probably not gonna be backwards comp and will probably not have a way to upload games to the new system is gonna piss me off to no end.

Mar 9, 2010
It's not whether you're done but whether the devs are done. The 360 and PS3 are too old to realistically still be major players, the tech needs an upgrade.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
southparkdudz said:
Nazulu said:
The Wii I'm sick of, so I'm alright with the move to Wii U, the rest is fine as it is I reckon. The best experiences I've had are all in old games so hardware means fuck all to me really.
Yeah the WII u is ok by me because the Wii only had like two games I really liked, No More Heroes 1 and 2. But my 360 and PS3 could go for maybe 3 more years.
Actually, I was just over of the wii-mote controllers. Every now and again they like to give me the shits.

As for the 360 and PS3, I reckon they should go for a lot longer if company's are really not taking to many chances because developing the games costs so much.

ShinyCharizard

Oct 24, 2012
Yeah I'm done with the current gen. My 360 is solely used to play Gears of War multiplayer and my PS3 almost never gets turned on for anything. I mostly do my gaming on the PC these days.

Brendan Stepladder

May 21, 2012
I'm done with my 360 only because I dislike the direction gaming has gone in, not because I'm looking for the newest, best hardware. I'm moving backwards to my N64 from now on. My 360 is a $200 paperweight with Netflix.

camazotz

Jul 23, 2009
These days I have a 360 for the console exclusives and PC for everything else. I just picked up a PS3 with 26 games this weekend, so I plan to enjoy some "catch up" with that console. I'll pick up the 720 or the PS4 if they don't actually DRM the machines to lock out second hand sales....but realistically, I think the gaming market is a bubble that's about to burst...Triple As cost too much and the market is saturated with a decade of great games, more than anyone can ever find the time to play.

Dec 10, 2012
I'm sure the same conversation was going at the end of the last gen. For the record, I didn't care then because there was no way I could afford the new system and games for it, and the older gen systems still had plenty of games I hadn't exhausted yet. So, yeah, nothing's changed in the last 7 years.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Really I'd be fine if the current gen was the last gen. I mean how much better can the aesthetic appearance of a game get at this point? All they can add are things that will likely piss people off.

enriquetnt

Mar 20, 2010
mohit9206 said:
done with the current gen consoles? hell am not even yet done with the last gen consoles. i have played about 100 games so far on my ps2 but i still need to play dmc3,ffx,silent hill 2-3,and a whole lot other rpg's.
after am done with those i will get a new ps3 to play all great games i missed out on ps3. No am not a generation behind i use my pc to play all current gen games so as for next gen my pc will continue to play the role of next gen as well as there wont be a single ps4 game that wont run on my pc
Good luck, getting, Uncharted 4, Last of Us 2, The last Guardian, Ni no Kuni 2, God of War 5 and 6, Gran Turismo 6, Journey 2, 3, 4, 5 (we can only dream) and the metric ton of exclusives Sony pumps into theyr consoles, i also have a great gaming PC but the exclusive on consoles (and not only sony) are far to good to ignore, mario galaxys and zelda on the wii, gears of war an halo on the xbox, all those GREAT amazing XBLA and PSN mini games

TheBestPieEver

Dec 13, 2011
I'm done with my PS3 because it's a piece of shit that stopped working properly 2 years after purchase but I am nowhere near done with THE PS3. I think that we can squeeze a year and a half more out of this generation.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Yes. I was done with the Wii around 2011 (Which is Why I got the WiiU for Christmas), I've been done with the PS3 since 2010, and the Xbox 360 I'm finally finishing. I feel it's about time for new Hardware to come out to increase the performance of Software, though that won't happen till 2 years after all the consoles have been released.

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
Nope, not willing to upgrade whatsoever. Both PS3 and Xbox360 still have hidden potential(-motion controls). Not to mention the "taking out the used game market" ideology next gen will apparently be using won't end well.

ClockWyze

Feb 5, 2013
I'm currently playing Chrono Trigger on my PS2 (I had never played it and someone recently gave it to me).

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
Yeah, we really, really don't need new consoles at all. There isn't much else consoles need to do. Having graphics improved to an extent you'd have to squint to even notice and shorter load times aren't worth forking out hundreds for and losing all online multiplayer and DLC I don't have installed for current-gen consoles.

Because that's something people don't seem to think about. Or at least not enough people. If there's a new console generation, there'll be a new online network for each console. When the Xbox 360 came out, the original Xbox Live was taken down, along with all online multiplayer and downloadable content, and nearly all PS2 game servers are also down. If PSN and the current Xbox Live go the same way when the next generation comes out, that means any DLC you have that you can't fit onto your console will be gone permanently, you'll never get full use from games with online passes or on-disc DLC, multiplayer-focused games that you paid good money for will become useless, etc etc. I know they might just use the current system or merge it in with the next one, but since they dumped the old networks when the new ones went up I'm not so sure. "We needed to get rid of them because of financial and compatibility issues" is too good an excuse for them to pass up.

I'm struggling to keep my eyes open right now so what I just said probably made no sense whatsoever, but you probably get the gist of what I'm saying.
Basically, no. I ain't done with my 360 and PS3. They work well enough for me.

mohit9206

Oct 13, 2012
ShinyCharizard said:
Yeah I'm done with the current gen. My 360 is solely used to play Gears of War multiplayer and my PS3 almost never gets turned on for anything. I mostly do my gaming on the PC these days.
you don't turn on your ps3 ? can you give it to me then ? have you played all the Uncharted, LBP,Heavy Rain,Resistance,Killzone,etc and all other exclusives ?