Next Gen, is anyone really done with their current consoles?

Gitty101

Jan 22, 2010
I still play my 360 with mates, but only split-screen fighting games these days. My PS3 is pretty much a blu-ray player at this point. I'm mostly a PC gamer anyway.

I'm looking to build a high-end desktop in a few months anyway, so I really doubt I'll be getting the new systems when they eventually get released. As for the current consoles, yeah, I'm pretty much done with those.

BadgeMan

May 21, 2009
My Ps3 is used primarily for blu rays and Netflix now, very little gaming is done on it. Use my Xbox a lot, mostly rock band, will probably still keep it just for that. Interested in both the Ps4 and next Xbox, definitely getting the Xbox, the the ps4 it'll depend on the titles available.

Briney-

Jul 13, 2011
I still have a huge backlog of games to get through on my PS3, not to mention that I probably won't have the cash to purchase a new console when it comes out. I'll likely wait for next generation consoles to be on the market for a year or so before seriously considering a purchase. Prices will probably have come down by that time and we'll have a better understanding of what each console is capable of and what we can expect if we decide to purchase.

rob_simple

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2010
I haven't even begun to scratch the surface of my backlog (I've still got games from two or three years ago to play, not to mention pretty much every 360 exclusive) so even if I was interested in what the next-gen consoles have to offer, I won't be upgrading for at least another five or six years.

AnthrSolidSnake

Jun 2, 2011
Using both a PC and a PS3, I don't care. This summer I plan on upgrading my motherboard for a new CPU and then I'll be ready for the next gen (hopefully anyway) I do still love my PS3, but it's hard to play games knowing my PC could run them better, not necessarily just for graphics, but for framerate. I don't mind 30 FPS, but a lot of games today can't evne stay that high on current gen. I'm not saying I have the money for a new ocnsole, but whenever they do come out, all I got to do is wait a few months for better games to come out and hopefully a better redesigned version of the console at a cheaper price.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Guy Jackson said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
I, for one, can't wait and see how shiny we're going to make the next series of turds.
Bring it on! Eventually the hardware will get to the point that the turds just can't be any shinier, and then people will finally realise they're just turds. I mean just look at what happened with CGI in movies! Oh wait...
It can still be shinier. Trust me, we're going to see movies that take tens of billions because of newer, shinier CG.