Next Media Animation Explains The Xbox One

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Next Media Animation Explains The Xbox One

Taiwanese animators NMA have earned international acclaim for their bizarre yet apropos animations depicting important world events, and now the studio has set its sights on the Xbox One.

Whether or not you know "Next Media Animation" by name, you've likely seen their work. The studio is most often employed by major news organizations in China who require a simple visual aid to inform their viewers on major international events. To date NMA has covered assassinations, political coups, celebrity scandals and everything in between in what can only be described as the most baffling CGI animation this side of Netscape circa 1995. Now NMA has been tasked with explaining the Xbox One to the citizens of Hong Kong, and the results are suitably bizarre.

From the giant plug the console apparently ships with to the console's unwillingness to ever be turned off, this video is almost certainly the best explanation of Microsoft's next gaming machine that you'll ever find. It's not the most accurate, but for pure entertainment value we American gaming journalists just can't compete with the brilliant, warped minds at NMA. I've said too much, you really must watch that video embedded at top-right. You'll thank me later (then spend the rest of the day wondering why Chinese news organizations are so much more awesome than our own).

Source: YouTube [http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lTEb7Ffap-g]

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
China, the next great bastion of intellectual satire and wit.

Heard it here first folks.

annoyinglizardvoice

Apr 29, 2009
Awesome video.
Much respect to those guys.
I wonder how many appliances would have to fail before I was willing to use a console that scanned me as a tv :)

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
Hilarious.

Also worth noting that after anyone sees this Xbox now probably has even less of a market in Asia than they already did.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
That was brilliant.

So the basic gist of this is: you can never turn your XB1 off, it'll constantly interrupt your gaming with ads and eventually drive you are your friend to end each others life? If only our news broadcasts turned out like this...

neppakyo

Apr 3, 2011
God that was great. I sniggered when she say "..forget people get consoles to play some damned games"

Nice to highlight all the useless features (well, xbone is pretty much useless)

Karadalis said:
Still a better informational then the xbone reveal was.
Agreed.

PoolCleaningRobot

Mar 18, 2012
MS #2: Microsoft executive #6
MS #6: Yes Microsoft executive #2?
MS #2: Are we ready to tell people what the Xbox One actually does yet?
MS #2: No, I think we need to wait a little longer

The negative hype surrounding the Xbox One is truly a sight to behold

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Earnest Cavalli said:
From the giant plug the console apparently ships with to the inability for fat teenagers to the console's unwillingness to ever be turned off...
"The inability for fat teenagers?"...

Verb me, please...?

Amusing video. I wonder how accurate the suppositions about attention-tracking are...

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
I hope this video ends up in a museum somewhere. I'd watch television (there's an Xbone joke there somewhere) more often if stuff like this popped up out of nowhere.

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Callate said:
Earnest Cavalli said:
From the giant plug the console apparently ships with to the inability for fat teenagers to the console's unwillingness to ever be turned off...
"The inability for fat teenagers?"...

Verb me, please...?
Typo. Fixed.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
Does he turn on the Xbone by giving it the finger?

I think I might stop checking news websites and gather all my information about the outside world from NMA and Feed Dump. They're may be better sources for news, but they don't have hats and funny animations.

SecondPrize

Mar 12, 2012
That's where those things come from. I knew they existed, but never bothered to watch one before. Now I have. That's pretty much it.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
You really have to wonder just what the hell Microsoft was thinking with this...I mean you want to talk about out of touch with your target consume base, how in god's name could they screw up their console so horrendously?

The video was great, by the way.

TiberiusEsuriens

Jun 24, 2010
CriticalMiss said:
I think I might stop checking news websites and gather all my information about the outside world from NMA and Feed Dump. They're may be better sources for news, but they don't have hats and funny animations.
Don't forget CheckPoint! (it's ENN 2.0. Escapist got the Dump, Penny Arcade got the Point)

http://loadingreadyrun.com/videos/archive/CPt