Next Pokemon RPG's: what would you like to see in them.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
Most of the things I want have already been said. More Eeveelutions, extra gyms, every region so far, etc.
I would also kinda like to see certain legendaries becomes roaming ones in a different region. I think it would be cool if you were surfing along, and you got to a new route were it is a torrential downpour and the music completely changes. You keep surfing as the rain gets heavier, then you stop, and Kyogre surfaces from the deep, starting the battle.
Another thing I would like is more of them to do what Gold and Silver and Black and White did, where when you beat the Elite Four there is still a lot of areas to explore. Also another ending like Black and White's. I thought it was super awesome, and the best ending of the main series of the games.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
RandallJohn said:
Forgot Iris (if you play white). Also, I guess Brock didnt count (I hope thats not being racist).

ANImaniac89 said:
Customizable main character including: age, gender, skin color, clothing, and other aspects of physical appearance.

More posted Elite four content.
A) Its a sprite, what good would that honestly do you It would all look the same as another sprite anyway? Just be glad you get to pick your name, instead of just getting a set one.

B) What do you mean more posted content?

OT: I would like the dream world opened, but have it be a place in game. Or something that tells you the Nature of a pokemon (these of course being purely for competitive play.

EDIT:
Onyx Oblivion said:
It's a pretty big deal, infinite TM use.
The only bad thing is it makes getting the big ones (flamethrower,t-bolt, EQ, Ice Beam) a ***** to get.

madwarper

Mar 17, 2011
If there are going to use more 2 on 2 or 3 on 3 battles, I'd like to see some combination attacks where the sum is greater than the parts. I forget when it was, but remember back in the anime where there was a combination of Hydro Pump, Fire Spin and Thunderbolt.

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
Pokemon World

Kanto Johto Hoenn + Unova..(w/e)

Would have to make 2 I would suppose have a mildly different backdrop or villan

Team Lavarocket? Team Waterbomb?

Oh Snap Team Bad Guys

All of Pokemon @ Once....or hell even an MMO style of Pokemon would be beast

Riptide1

Oct 28, 2010
Biggest problem i have with the pokemon games is the slave pokemon. Flash is useless i don't want to waste one of my 4 precious move slots on it just so i can find my way through 1 or 2 stupid caves. What should be done is that all pokemon get a list of all of their moves as they are learned through leveling or TM/HM's but only 4 can be selected as battle moves, so basically you can bring in and switch out moves at will between fights with out having to go to the move deleter and re-trainer. Other than that the other game play mechanics work well.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
DJDarque said:
BlueSinbad said:
orc1231515 said:
<spoiler=For all those people who said about new eevee evolutions>http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/296/3/c/fake_eevee_evolutions_by_charmer_chibi-d31cozj.png

Not that those are real. I posted that somehwere else on this site to, but just an idea of what they could look like. I dont know, thought I'd flash that around.

Adam28

Feb 28, 2011
Stop taking steps backwards, that my suggestion.

I hate knowing Pokemon "grey" will have its own battle frontier while I play through battle tower...sorry, battle subway. Why oh why does Black not have frontier, we are back to pokemon R/S days with just a battle tower.

I would also like to see the VS Seeker again, as well as the Pokeradar. Following pokemon might be nice to see again too.

Having played Black, in some ways it feels inferior to Platinum when it should be an improvement...

luclin92

Apr 22, 2009
more gyms that you actually can use the grass starter on it getting annoying stop using it half way because it almost cant damage the dam gym leaders pokemon.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
masterjiji said:
EHKOS said:
I would like to see a much longer game. They always are too short. I would love it if there were like 50 gyms. Plus little events everywhere and side missions.
That's just too long. It sounds like a ludicrous extent of gameplay we might find in something like Mass Effect. M.E. wasn't bad by any means, it was quite decent and so was M.E. 2, but nobody can argue that there was an obscene quantity of different... STUFF to do in there. Doing that with Pokemon would just make it feel like a crapton of filler.

There would be stuff to do too. Like fetching orbs from doungens and stuff. I loved how they made those special areas but they really didn't do much besides have you find a TM. I never get my Pokemon over lvl 60 in the story, so more gyms wouldnt be asking too much. If they added Pokemon from every gen it could work.

facade

Jul 18, 2009
Get rid of the inability to overwrite HMs. I understand the need to not overwrite in earlier versions, as you were able to deposit HMs/TMs into the PC and could potentially get stuck on an island if you overwrote the HM that got you there.

Now, however, you carry all HM/TMs in your bag now so you can always reteach the HM if you need it. In fact, now that TMs are infinite use, all HMs should just become TMs.

Grayfayce

Oct 14, 2009
Have it so that you can only catch and encounter the newest generation Pokémon, like Black and White did until you completed the game.

Sure, this would piss off people who wanted to fight with their reliable Gyarados or Salamence, but it would make for an experience like the original Red & Blue games, where every Pokémon was new, and you got to know the Pokémon far better.

Also, we're now up to 649 Pokémon. How the fuck are we supposed to catch them all?

Axelhander

Feb 3, 2011
armaina said:
Carlos Alexandre said:
A complete removal of IVs (genetics) and the ability to tailor your EVs and moves as you see fit within legal play limits.
If you remove IVs, which have been around since day 1, then you remove the more 'individual'-ness of pokemon.
No, you don't. Your Pokemon will still have its move pool (which you decide), its equipment (which you decide), and, in many cases, its trait (which you kinda-sorta decide, though it really should be made easy to swap).

Also, you /can/ tailor your EVs to what you see fit.

I can max out EV's of the stat of my choice on any given pokemon within a half hour to an hour at the worst.
You can tailor EVs via the convoluted process known as "finding an FAQ to see what Pokemon give me the EVs I want and I better hope I don't accidentally fight something I wasn't supposed to." I'd rather do it the way an RPG (Diablo, specifically) lets me do it: assigning points from a pool. That would be far more elegant, put less time between me and the Pokemon I truly want, and let me get to using that Pokemon for whatever purpose I choose.

Priest of Lies

Mar 16, 2011
In the origanal Pokemon silver version you could travel between the Johto and Kanto regions. It would be cool if you could travel between ALL the regions and they had all their indeginous pokemon.

hardpixelrain

Apr 8, 2010
Walking around in your friends world a la Dragon Quest IX. Of course they would have to change up the structure of the game but seeing as they already have that tease, the Entralink World, in B+W it seems like it would be a logical step. Also it would help the worlds feel more alive.

Axelhander

Feb 3, 2011
While on this topic: anyone interested in a game with a Pokemon-style battle system done waaaaaaaaaaay better than Pokemon should check out David Sirlin's online TCG, Kongai (which you can find over at Kongregate).

rubinigosa

Dec 2, 2010
Grayfayce said:
Have it so that you can only catch and encounter the newest generation Pokémon, like Black and White did until you completed the game.

Sure, this would piss off people who wanted to fight with their reliable Gyarados or Salamence, but it would make for an experience like the original Red & Blue games, where every Pokémon was new, and you got to know the Pokémon far better.

Also, we're now up to 649 Pokémon. How the fuck are we supposed to catch them all?
I have no ide how we are going to do that...maybe trade from previous games anyway I am just happy if I can catch the 150 new ones.

James Raynor

Sep 3, 2008
Have a battle preference that allows you to always fight double (maybe triple and rotation battles). Like what XD had, only not mandatory.

Have more choice in the games, now while people will say "This is not dragon age" this is still very much an RPG, and they gotta go somewhere. In this generatino they already presented some level of choice but it had no affect on the events besides changing the dialogue.

Nerf dark to only be resistent to psychic and make the starters be a fight/psychic/dark combination (Or evolve with those as their secondary typing).

Remove the nessesity to go to events to fill out the dex, instead offer promotional ones with altered move sets (like the darkrai with spacial rend and roar of time).

Consider adding multi typed attacks or allowing pokemno to have 3 types.

Allow pokemon to have multiple abilities at once, instead of having a random one selected.

Finish evolutionary chains (EG kangaskhan/cubone/marowak tree, tauros/miltank tree, etc.)

Change the typing/stats/etc. of existing species instead of leaving them unfinished.

Tuqui

Mar 2, 2011
Wintermute_ said:
The ability to play as a pokemon.
level them, and learn new moves and everything you usually do for your pokemon, only as the pokemon.

You wouldn't battle trainer battles, there would be no pokemon centers or cities or even many humans for that matter. You would fight other pokemon for territory, for food, fight to defend yourself from other pokemon bigger and badder then you(the games always avoid things like how pokemon would have to eat each other to survive and humans would get their meet from pokemon. tasty.) and might even have to avoid getting captured by the occasional trainer in a super difficult encounter battle.

Imagine going the the different environments that were for the most part procedurally generated and add in specific special areas that would be the same always just in diffrent hidden spots (like the charisific valley or the seafoam islands) that you could discover and set up homes or dens in, and intact(like pokemon Snaps different locals) and interacting and socialing with other pokemon, animal style. You could even lay an egg or something and start a poke-herd! Could discover all manner of ancient pokemon secrets and artifacts (have we forgotten clefairy came from the damn moon?!) and whatnot. Could make pokemon allies that are compatible with your pokemon to fight alongside you and live in your little pokemon community area, so there would still be the pokemon collecting aspect of the game. Imagine a little crater oasis thing in the middle of the world or game map (at a location with some special thing, like a Deku tree thing, or the final level area dungeon you need to spend the game trying to get into) and here all the pokemon you choose to spare instead of eat/kill/"knockout" could then come live in your little community, then you could leave and continue violent battle and survival, but still come back to a safe area to heal.

Could even have pokemon related achievement and item gathering that earned you a collectable item you needed a hundred of or something to get to the final level to beat (like the power-cells in Jak and Daxter)the game at or something. Your could collect different berries or even find pokeballs or special items or plants or items for collecting that would ultimately serve a purpose at the end of your collecting.
You could even have an online mode for battling other players or for letting friends explore your world, finding things that wouldn't be available in their world depending on what version of the game you bought, like the differences between red/blue, gold/silver, ruby/sapphire.

I could go on FOREVER. but wouldn't something like this be great? you could even have multiple character profiles so you could play as other favorite pokemon. i would never stop playing!

That, dear escapists, would be awesome.

EDIT: oh, and as far as gameplay,pokemon battling would be in realtime, no more turn based stuff. that would subtract from the gameplay. You'd have to have strafe buttons so you could remain facing your opponent/opponents (multiple little guys like you would find multiple animals living together in nature, like multiple bellsprouts to cut down without mercy) and different buttons would be allocated to different attacks/affects.
Replace character class and backgrounds with pokemon type and body structure ability,and you have the makings of a great rpg, as you decide where to allocate your exp into which affinities for which moves and abilities.
My god, sounds so awesome, so amazing it saddens me that it would take at least 1 or even 2 years to even hear about something like this happening D:
But really, Pokemon franchise should take a new look, there's so much that can be done and create something new.

burninglich

May 6, 2010
My buddies and I at school had a conversation about this...multiple times. Everyone who has already posted ideas pretty much hit everything we've mentioned. Yes i know pokemon isn't meant to be a hardcore RPG but it would be an awesome one if all these but despite the nice size region you run around it ends up being very short. I would love to go through all regions and do all the gym battles and elite fours. Also have maybe two people go with you on your journey and no not those two kids in black and white and DP and platinum where you encounter them then they ditch I mean actually follow you and you could have gym leaders join you.

As for the eevee evolutions thing i really cant keep forcing my eevee to have sweet love with every pokemon in the daycare center so 7 is enough for me...or not.